Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máiréad Interview, Providence, RI  (Read 1902 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: March 21, 2013, 07:06PM »

PROVIDENCE, R.I. —

When you have a “huge passion” for what you do for a living, everything follows along.

This according to Celtic Woman violinist Máiréad Nesbitt, who has been passionate about music since she became a professional violinist at age 16. She and her fellow Celtic Woman members will bring this unrivaled passion to the Providence Performing Arts Center this Friday as part of their 2013 tour.

This current part of the tour has taken Nesbitt and company all over the northeast.

“It’s going fantastic; the audiences are amazing and we are doing well,” Nesbitt said during a recent phone interview.

An award-winning violinist and fiddle player, Nesbitt said this current tour has “something for everybody, from Celtic to contemporary to traditional and classical.”

According to a written release, this current tour will bring Celtic Woman to more than 70 cities across North America, before the tour is completed in mid-June. The tour and Friday’s PPAC performance will feature Championship step dancer Craig Ashurst, a musical tribute to Broadway, and bag piper Anthony Byrne, along with fan favorites such as “You Raise Me Up,” “Amazing Grace” and “Orinoco Flow.”

Nesbitt described the show as a “spectacle for the ears and eyes.”
She said the audience can expect to be “transported for two hours.”
An Ireland native, Nesbitt said this New England part of the tour feels like she is returning to her second home.

Nesbitt and her husband, Bostonian Jim Mustapha Jr., own a home in New Hamspire.

Along with Nesbitt, Celtic Woman features vocalists Chloë Agnew, Lisa Lambe and Susan McFadden.

http://www.heraldnews.com/entertainment/x898152186/Celtic-Woman-comes-to-Providence-Performing-Arts-Center-this-Friday
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:52PM »

Thanks for posting....  Cool   It whets my  appetite even more.   Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: