Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallingford CT 3/15  (Read 2782 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 01, 2013, 08:20PM »

well, here I go, After a slightly hectic spring break my review is ready.

This years tour, was an interesting one, much like IoH but this time with songs from nearly every album. Including some personal favorites, like she moved thru' the fair, orinoco flow and the voice making come backs.
This was my second concert at the Oakdale theatre, it's a smaller theatre so no matter where you're sitting you're bound to enjoy the show.
Chloe: was amazing, both nocturne and Ave Maria were magnificant. She is a great performer and everytime I've been to a concert she gets better and better.

Mairead: I don't know how she does it but she always plays with such passion and joy. She was on fire that night. I counted around 20 spins during the coast of Galiçia which is my #1 Mairead Song.

Lisa: Lisa never ceases to amaze me, her energy is contagious. She is such a joy to watch and listen to. The da da da duel with Chloe and her interactions with the choir during Nil Se'n La are both great ways of showing her personality, but her funny side is balenced by her performence of bridge over troubled water.

Susan. Susan, this year, she performed two cw classics, 1 I heard once 5 years ago, perfomed by Lisa, the other was my first time. Caledonia, a beautiful song, no mater who sings it, although I love love love Lisa K's version I fell in love with Susans version. And the voice, although I missed Lisa with it seeing Susan singing and throwing her head back with joy was a pleasure to see.

The choir and Band: I couldn't forget them, Everyone was wonderful, and it was great hearing Ray sing, my brother was not expecting it, Anthony, he rocked the house, and apperead in TAR to provide the third man, The choir, this years choir was a little smaller than what I'm used to but they brought the extra energy, I really noticed I could hear the female section really well during Ave Maria. Everyone else was great,

Hearing some of the old songs was a pleasure. I left with sore hands, a a hoarse throat and a feeling of happiness. I can't wait to see what they do for next years tour. I'm really honoured to be part of a truly wonderful fan-base. To end with a word from the wise although I don't remember the entire thing the gist was. "you should go to a meet a greet... even if it puts you in debt it's worth it"- Scott Taylor.   peace- Dash   Wink Wink Wink Wink

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:47AM »

I enjoyed your review and really look forward to my shows in May.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 04:58PM »

I enjoyed your review and really look forward to my shows in May.

It's going to be great, I can assure you

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 05:15PM »

Excellent review! It contained great tips on things to look for in the show for my first show this tour in Cleveland!  Ray sings??  Cheesy

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 05:12AM »

Excellent review! It contained great tips on things to look for in the show for my first show this tour in Cleveland!  Ray sings??  Cheesy

Yes he does, it's quite the sight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: