Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Christmas Tour Dates  (Read 44229 times)
Wind

« on: April 03, 2013, 07:18AM »

Because it's NEVER too early.
I just received the 2013/2014 season brochure for the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and here's what they have:

Dec 22, Sunday 8pm
Celtic Woman: A Celtic Christmas
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:39PM »

Well, it's good to know there will be a Christmas tour.

Going to have to watch for one nearby and/or hope they actually come back to my city.

"Let it snow...!"
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 06:58PM »

Great to hear there's a christmas tour!
Please come to Saskatoon! Grin

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:37AM »

I would definitely like to make a Christmas show.  Problem is, it's a short tour and you have to get lucky to get a show within driving distance.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 11:58AM »

I am still concerned about  the gals coming here this December as well.  The same lock out that cancelled them last Dec. is still going on with no sign of any real progress.    Angry   Huh 

Jennifer

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 02:55PM »

I am still concerned about  the gals coming here this December as well.  The same lock out that cancelled them last Dec. is still going on with no sign of any real progress.    Angry   Huh 
Exactly what I was going to say.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 07:43PM »

Well, if they come back to my town, I hope some of our members from the region might come to the show.

I know MSC Opas is going to try to get them back, just no idea if the will yet.  I have someone who works with the organization who will keep me informed if she hears anything.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 07:17PM »

No CW Christmas show for me this year unless I travel to see it.  Nothing but cr*p shows announced today for this year, all but one of which I've never heard of before.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 08:38AM »

No CW Christmas show for me this year unless I travel to see it.  Nothing but cr*p shows announced today for this year, all but one of which I've never heard of before.

Have you seen a 2013 Christmas tour schedule?  I just looked on the CW site and none shows up.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14AM »

I am very 50/50  on the christmas tour stuff! I would love to go if they come back to cleveland, def. would be a treat and one of the best christmas's for me.  But weather wise I have to worry about this town!! We've have had winters w feet of snow! very dangerous! And we do have the clevelan orchestra, but they are at severance hall, which is quite stunning but farther and not in a good area, even worse area than downtown! I wold rather see them when it is warmer/and sunnier out (this does not include wind!)  I would love to see there symphony tour but weather wouldn't e good and I rather wait till they come back here or radio city (perhaps both) I heard there symphony concerts gorgeous though! And prob. wouldn't catch them stage door since they fly from city to city on that one! (and we do have hopkins very close to downtown and plenty of taxi service in that area and the wyndham for an overnighter!!! Hope to find out the schedule soon! (prob. after june when they are done w the current tour!) plus I am sure our orchestra would be more than happy to play with girls! And they are not on strike!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 05:28PM »

Have you seen a 2013 Christmas tour schedule?  I just looked on the CW site and none shows up.

Doesn't look they've officially published one, but that wouldn't prevent other organizations from showing them on their schedule as Wind noted in the first post.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 08:07PM »

Doesn't look they've officially published one, but that wouldn't prevent other organizations from showing them on their schedule as Wind noted in the first post.
Hey... I dig  your   'Hobbes"   avatar...I miss that strip... Cool

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 08:19PM »

No CW Christmas show for me this year unless I travel to see it.  Nothing but cr*p shows announced today for this year, all but one of which I've never heard of before.

Have you seen a 2013 Christmas tour schedule?  I just looked on the CW site and none shows up.

Hey... I dig  your   'Hobbes"   avatar...I miss that strip... Cool

I grew up reading it and still have most of the books stored somewhere in a closet.

I also use this icon @ work for the company's IM program.

And just to keep this somewhat on topic, if there is a Christmas show anywhere within 3 hours of where I am, I'm going.  I would assume of Houston, Austin, DFW, Waco, San Antonio and the smaller big still decent sized towns within that circle that at least one would have a show if there is a full Christmas tour.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:21PM by AggieGuy » Logged
Wind

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 12:52PM »

So, it seems the 2013 Christmas Tour has a new name: Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas - The Symphony Tour

They will be performing with the West Virginia Symphony Orchestra on Tuesday, December 3, 7:30 pm in Charleston, West Virginia.

http://www.theclaycenter.org/performances/Clay-Center-Presents-Spring-2013-Order-Form.aspx
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 10:04PM »

I would definitely like to make a Christmas show.  Problem is, it's a short tour and you have to get lucky to get a show within driving distance.

Yeah I agree.  I haven't been to see the last 2, because they never came close enough, and I can't go by myself (can't see very well), and I can't ask people to drop what they're doing to come with me all the time.  I hope they come closer to Roanoke, VA this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: