Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Christmas Tour Dates  (Read 44929 times)
Wind

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 08:48PM »

Fans in the Twin Cities, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news: I got a letter from the Minnesota orchestra saying that they couldn't workout a date in their calendar to reschedule the concert that was supposed to happen last December. Some might remember that the Minnesota Orchestra has cancelled/postponed all their shows (not just CW) at the end of last year due to contractual negotiations. So, long story short, no symphony tour in Minneapolis this year.

The good news: if you had already purchased a ticket last year, you'll get a refund.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 08:51PM »

The bad news: I got a letter from the Minnesota orchestra saying that they couldn't workout a date in their calendar to reschedule the concert that was supposed to happen last December. Some might remember that the Minnesota Orchestra has cancelled/postponed all their shows (not just CW) at the end of last year due to contractual negotiations. So, long story short, no symphony tour in Minneapolis this year.

The good news: if you had already purchased a ticket last year, you'll get a refund.
   I just  last  week  got  my  refund  from  last  Christmas 's   concert.  i'm  hoping  that  CW  will consider  talking  to  the  other  Twin Cities  option....the  St. Paul  Chamber Orchestra.  They  are well respected too.

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 09:05PM »

I may not live there, but that really sucks. Sad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 04:18PM »

Ferguson Center, Newport News, VA.
Sunday, December 1 (This could be the first date)

http://touch.dailypress.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76306303/

This one is now listed on the CW website.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 04:21PM »

And a new Christmas tour stop is also up.

December 5th
Luhrs Performing Arts Center
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

No idea on when tickets go on sale.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 05:02PM »

ooo I hope they add some more dates for everyone!  There are so many gaps from Dec 1st till the 22 only 7 up so far! (even though not expecting then to be any where remotely close to Cleveland or anything!) But just nice to see!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 05:51PM »

ooo I hope they add some more dates for everyone!  There are so many gaps from Dec 1st till the 22 only 7 up so far! (even though not expecting then to be any where remotely close to Cleveland or anything!) But just nice to see!

I'm thinking 5-7 more will be added, maybe a few more if the tour starts at the end of November rather than Dec. 1st.  I'm just wondering what is going to be between New Jersey on the 10th and DFW on the 14-15th.  There's lot between NJ and Texas.

I still wish they were coming back here.  Stupid MSC OPAS and their stupid donors.  Angry
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 07:33PM »

Ferguson Center, Newport News, VA.
Sunday, December 1 (This could be the first date)

http://touch.dailypress.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76306303/

This one is now listed on the CW website.

FYI, tickets go on sale tomorrow (7-10-13) at 10:00am Eastern for the Newport News show.

http://fergusoncenter.ticketforce.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=154
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:37PM by AggieGuy » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 05:40PM »

And a new Christmas tour stop is also up.

December 5th
Luhrs Performing Arts Center
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Tickets go on sale July 20 at 11:00am Eastern.

http://www.luhrscenter.com/page.cfm?pag=13&evt=a54ea91d-b114-4a7c-8f63-206ebfee7cf4
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 06:43PM »

Wow, the Atlanta show on Dec. 22nd is almost completely sold out.  The New Brunswick, NJ show isn't far behind.

Dallas is still 70%-80% unsold for both days.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 04:49PM »

New Christmas show listed on Ticket Master.

Lynn Auditorium, Lynn, MA
Mon, Dec 9, 2013 08:00 PM

Tickets go on sale on August 8, 2013 at 10:00am.

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 10:38PM »

Wow, the Atlanta show on Dec. 22nd is almost completely sold out.  The New Brunswick, NJ show isn't far behind.

Yeah, I was waiting for the Atlanta show to go on sale to the public with my credit card in hand. On the very first day, the closest seats they had were the 17th row. Would have needed binoculars. I passed on those and the nosebleed seats that were available. Would have had people to stay with for free, too. Ugh. Must have sold most of them to ASO members before they even were offered to the public. I even called the local PBS station and asked if they would accept a donation in return for tickets, and they claimed they didn't have any, either.  Cry

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 11:23PM »

Yeah, I was waiting for the Atlanta show to go on sale to the public with my credit card in hand. On the very first day, the closest seats they had were the 17th row. Would have needed binoculars. I passed on those and the nosebleed seats that were available. Would have had people to stay with for free, too. Ugh. Must have sold most of them to ASO members before they even were offered to the public. I even called the local PBS station and asked if they would accept a donation in return for tickets, and they claimed they didn't have any, either.  Cry

That's what happened to me last year at the Christmas show here in College Station.  The best seats were taken/reserved for the season ticket holders and rich donors so I got stuck on the right side mezzanine, but it wasn't horrible.  That's why I grabbed seats in Dallas from as soon as possible.

And for anyone who is thinking about Dallas, they still have some second row seats available for the 12-15 show.
dbbii

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 12:16PM »

This seemed to be an issue with the Believe tour this past Spring.  It seemed like most of the "good" seats were reserved for season ticket holders of the various venues. 

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 06:56PM »

I just sent an e-mail to the Dallas Pops to see what the status is of the Christmas show.  Hopefully they'll give me an answer shortly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: