Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with posting graphics, avatars and banners  (Read 151679 times)
Magic~5

CELTIC WOMAN + MUSIC = love for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2010, 10:47PM »

Huh    Huh    Huh    Huh    Huh

would like to find out if word art or a drawing is acceptable for using as avatar?

I found a font that does celtic knots and I could use it to spell letters.

is this idea worth working on?

help would be appreciated!         Magic~5
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2010, 04:29AM »

would like to find out if word art or a drawing is acceptable for using as avatar?
Sure.  Just be aware that the default size is 80 x 80 px, and the forum will automatically resize the image.  And the graphic should be square, or it will be distorted. An image that actually looks like this:

will come out looking like this:

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2011, 09:32PM »

Just testing my new banner. Is it working? All I see is a red x. Is everyone else seeing this or is it just my computer?

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2011, 09:43PM »

Just testing my new banner. Is it working? All I see is a red x. Is everyone else seeing this or is it just my computer?
Your Photobucket account is password protected. Your graphic can only be viewed if you're logged in to Photobucket.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2011, 08:21PM »

I've been having some trouble with banners I'm making.  How can I tell if it's the right size?  I keep thinking it is cause I'm double and triple checking and keep making it smaller and smaller, but it still ends up too big.
Thanks! Smiley
~Sarah~

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2011, 08:24PM »

I've been having some trouble with banners I'm making.  How can I tell if it's the right size?  I keep thinking it is cause I'm double and triple checking and keep making it smaller and smaller, but it still ends up too big.
Thanks! Smiley
~Sarah~

When you try to make a thread for your banner, preview the post so that you can check it's not too big... If it is, then make it smaller and try again... Then preview it again.

Hope this helps...
randy4sam

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2011, 11:05AM »

I have tried, unsuccessfully, numerous times to include a photo in a post. I went to fotki, uploaded my photos to an album,
copied the URL and entered it between the in the post. Nothing. Here is a typical URL from fotki: http://public.fotki.com/randy4sam/temp-cw/mosaic-8.html

Any suggestions ?
                                                 Thanks, Randy in Richmond

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2011, 01:27PM »

That's not an image, it's an entire page. You can tell by the "html" file extension. The actual image is

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2011, 05:10PM »

Can anyone else see my avatar? I thought I understood how to attach them, but now it seems that I'm just as clueless as ever!

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22PM »

RoAR1497,

Apparently something was wrong on the server's end. The file where the avatars are saved wasn't writable which means you couldn't upload your image. (At least, assuming you were trying to upload the image to the forum and use it form there.) Try again and see if you have any better luck. Sorry about that! Looks like the server was having a bad day and decided to change it. *shrugs*

aislin
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38AM »

IT WORKED!!!!! HOORAY!!!!
Thanks, aislin!

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2011, 11:07AM »

Grin

aislin
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2011, 04:33PM »

Not sure if this the right place for this but, I noticed this afternoon that my avatar as well as other member's are not showing up - red "x" - on my screen. It was ok this morning and I'm not sure if it's just me or if others are having the same problem?
Lindsay help!! Smiley

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2011, 09:08PM »

Not sure if this the right place for this but, I noticed this afternoon that my avatar as well as other member's are not showing up - red "x" - on my screen. It was ok this morning and I'm not sure if it's just me or if others are having the same problem?
Lindsay help!! Smiley
Um, I just asked this question...This is the answer I got:

RoAR1497,

Apparently something was wrong on the server's end. The file where the avatars are saved wasn't writable which means you couldn't upload your image. (At least, assuming you were trying to upload the image to the forum and use it form there.) Try again and see if you have any better luck. Sorry about that! Looks like the server was having a bad day and decided to change it. *shrugs*

aislin

I tried again and it worked....maybe it will work for you too!

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2011, 10:01PM »

Lindsay help!! Smiley

Hey guys,

For some odd reason, whatever caused the file permission to change caused another problem as well. In trying to fix It I made the problem worse. *sigh* Long story short, if you've been using a forum uploaded avatar you'll need to reupload it. I tried to restore from a backup, but because of how the forum stores stuff it was what made the problem worse and erased all the working avatars in the process. REALLY sorry I made it worse and I'll see if I can figure out what cased the problem in the first place... but it honestly could have just been a random server error or a corrupted something in the file itself.

aislin
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: