Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with posting graphics, avatars and banners  (Read 151681 times)
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2011, 05:54AM »

Sorry Rachael. I thought you were trying to upload something for the first time -- I can be slow sometimes! Cheesy
Thanks guys. Smiley

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2012, 08:24AM »

Hey! What's an acceptable size for a banner in the signature? I don't want it to be too huge!
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2012, 10:34AM »

Hey! What's an acceptable size for a banner in the signature? I don't want it to be too huge!

Go to Forum Guidelines. http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=7092.0

Check out item #2 Signatures. There it explains the maximum size for banners/signatures.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2014, 11:11PM »

So I tried uploading an avatar but the forum doesn't seem to like Fotki. help!!!!

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2014, 11:51PM »

So I tried uploading an avatar but the forum doesn't seem to like Fotki. help!!!!

It might be too big (file size) for the forum to accept.  You might try uploading it to a file hosting site and using that option instead.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2014, 08:53PM »

I'm seeing an avatar so did you get it or are you trying to upload a different avatar?

aislin
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2014, 08:57PM »

I'm seeing an avatar so did you get it or are you trying to upload a different avatar?

aislin

I meant banner. My bad

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2014, 07:21AM »

aislin

I meant banner. My bad

Ah, gotcha. I don't use Fotki but this is what I got from poking at it: If you're looking at the picture you want to use you should see a share button up above. Click on it then on the link below Image URL for use on other sites. This copies the location of the photo to your computer's clipboard. Then come back to the forum and click on Profile up top, then on Forum Profile Information on the left. In the signature box put the image tags [img] [/img] and past the copied address between them. Hit change profile down at the bottom and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, could you post a link to the photo you are trying to use so I can see if I can puzzle out what the problem is?

aislin
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2014, 08:27AM »

aislin

I meant banner. My bad

Ah, gotcha. I don't use Fotki but this is what I got from poking at it: If you're looking at the picture you want to use you should see a share button up above. Click on it then on the link below Image URL for use on other sites. This copies the location of the photo to your computer's clipboard. Then come back to the forum and click on Profile up top, then on Forum Profile Information on the left. In the signature box put the image tags [img] [/img] and past the copied address between them. Hit change profile down at the bottom and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, could you post a link to the photo you are trying to use so I can see if I can puzzle out what the problem is?

aislin

thanks!! my issue was I was using the link given up in the address

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2014, 09:11AM »

Yay! Glad the issue got fixed. I went ahead and edited the img tags for you to resize the photo to fit within the forum's 400px height limit.

aislin
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2014, 10:11AM »

Yay! Glad the issue got fixed. I went ahead and edited the img tags for you to resize the photo to fit within the forum's 400px height limit.

aislin

thanks a bunch

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: