Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Magic at the Palace  (Read 2686 times)
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« on: April 07, 2013, 08:32PM »

Saturday night was the first time I had ever experienced a Celtic Woman concert. It was also the first time I had experienced electric magic. The night was so special and a night I will cherish for ever. The concert was a birthday gift from my parents, so my whole family was in attendance. We sat three rows from the edge of the mezzanine, very decent seats.

When the show began and Mairead appeared, my heart began to race. My blood pressure was surely skyrocketed. Then the drums. And WOW, I wasn't expecting the earth shaking power!! I was enthralled and the electric magic began. Awakening was so powerful and an awesome opening I was wildly grinning. I never stopped smiling. Another thing I wasn't expecting was how much I loved Susan! From her first line in Awakening I thought, "Oh my, Susan is AMAZING!" Lisa's intro to Dulaman was quite beautiful and hearing the spoons was a delight! Caledonia and Nocture were both stunning and touching. And Mairead came on for her first solo. I had high expectations for Mairead after watching the DVDs, but dear Lord! She's not human!! The way she flung her hair and head around then twirled around was wickedly awesome! My dad was even grinning at her fabulous performance. Then the awesome light and sound display of Orinoco Flow began. The lighting was really fascinating for this thunderous intro. I really loved the extra touches to the song! The way each girl took a note higher as the song continued. Maybe I'm describing it wrong, but I loved it far better than the original. Teir Abraile Riu was fantastic as expected. The clever intro drew laughs from the whole audience. I enjoyed that little arguement of fun "dum dahs"!

Well until I have more time, this is all I can post. See you soon for part 2. I probably skipped a song or two in part 1 of the show, but I will mention them as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:35PM by Louis97 » Logged

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:40PM »

Good for  you Louis...I am happy for you !   Cheesy   i will never forget my first concert either-something to treasure forever.   You are now a bona fide -  Major Celtic CWazy !   Grin   I suspect I will be feeling 6 days from now what you just felt.  I look forward to hearing more. 

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:49PM »

Aww! How xciting!! I don't think electric covers Saturday night!! I know from the front it was epic but I guess everyone in the whole house felt it to! I said it for yrs tha we were waiting for the girls here and they felt it for sure! Oh and I think bbetween sat and radio city big night I think last sat was topped it x's a mill! Glad u had a good time!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:47AM »

Thanks Louis.  Your experience mirrors my first show on February 16, 2008.  It was electric.  I had to wait a long time as I was planning to see them in 2007 but unforseen circumstances interrrupted it.  So it was anticipated for over a year.  My goose bumps had goose bumps.  My first sight of Mairead was just as you describe your experience.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: