Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Bend, Indiana Article / Small Chloe Interview  (Read 3293 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 08, 2013, 07:09PM »

The recording and touring act Celtic Woman has been thrilling audiences with its special brand of Irish-influenced music for nearly 10 years.

Amazingly, Chloe Agnew, 23, has been with Celtic Woman since the very beginning when the women first performed together in 2004.

Born in 1989 in Dublin, Ireland, to parents who were accomplished musicians, Agnew got her big break at age 11 recording the song “This Holy Christmas Night” with David Downes, later co-founder and musical director of Celtic Woman, for a charity to aid the children of Afghanistan.

At 12 she was signed to a recording contract and made her first album, titled “Chloe.” Her second album, “Chloe: Walking in the Air” followed in 2004, and shortly after its release, she became a part of Celtic Woman.

What was meant to be a one-night concert performance by Celtic Woman has blossomed into a well-established career that includes several best-selling albums and PBS specials/DVDs, singing for three U.S. presidents, sold-out concerts around the globe, as well as a devoted following of fans who have helped the group earn Billboard Magazine’s World Music Artist of the Year award on seven occasions.

Read More: http://www.southbendtribune.com/entertainment/inthebend/sbt-celtic-woman-adds-new-elements-to-its-concerts-20130408,0,4938902.story
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:18PM »

As always...Chloe  impresses me with her well thought out replies.   Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:50PM by Raving Meaviac » Logged

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:56PM »

Great interview. Thanks for posting. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:46PM »

ok quick question! For any one who went to the show that night I am just curious!  I know the girls got new first act dresses (oh and I let them know at meet and greet how gorgeous they were!!) but, I saw them retweet saying something about second act drese?/ DId they get new ones or did they keep the gold ones which are stunning?! And were there any new songs to go w ith - that were  different from the shows they already did this year?? Just wondering!  Hope everyone had a good time at the shows!!
 And if any one is still going to any m&g's can you ask if they got my goodie bags from cleveland I left for them at m&g!? (purple) Thank you!!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:31PM »

This might seem like such a random thing, but I wonder why they included such an old photo of the girls with the article?

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 03:45PM »

This might seem like such a random thing, but I wonder why they included such an old photo of the girls with the article?
Not random at all. Wink I was wondering this a bit too.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:49PM »

I mean its a beautiful photo but its a bit misleading to use it, since Lisa K is not performing with them anymore.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 05:10PM »

Someone was just very lazy.  They just grabbed a stock photo, possibly from some place like Getty Images or Demand Media.  It also could have been one they already had in their own stock and just reused it without even thinking.

If you search the site for Celtic or Celtic Woman, it shows a different picture in the results; one that is even older.

I posted the larger version on the CW picture thread just in case it was one that someone hadn't seen before.

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=17662.135
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: