Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minneapolis 4/13/13: A Beautiful Blur  (Read 3348 times)
Jennifer

« on: April 14, 2013, 02:54PM »

(NOTE: I wrote this on my iPhone...)

Last night was absolutely beautiful. I still can't find the words to describe last night, so this review may be a little short.

Remember how I have been hinting at a surprise for months now that I would reveal after my concert? Well.... My surprise was that I got a M&G from one of the members on here, James (Raving Meavatic.) A few months ago, James messaged me saying he had an extra M&G ticket that was being unused. He had found someone who wanted the seat the m&g came with, but not the m&g part. He told me I could buy a ticket for myself and then get the m&g ticket from him for free. After discussing it with my parents, I ordered my ticket.

The day came. I had promised myself to take a nap during the day so I wouldn't be tired. Well... That never happened. As my dad was driving me to the Orpheum, I almost fell asleep! I had to fight to stay awake.

I got to the theatre and took a picture of the manqué with my iPhone. I then waited in the box office for James and Denise. After meeting up with James and Denise and I got my sticker, we stood around the theatre waiting for forty-five minutes for people to open the doors. At around 7, the security guard opened the doors and the people who had m&g went inside. After more waiting, the group with m&g stood in a line to be ushered into the auditorium. At 7:15, we were finally ushered in the auditorium. I noted the stunning set and how close the pit was. About 15 minutes later, James and I, along with another pair, walked outside and then went to a hallway backstage. I wondered who we would be meeting.

About five minutes later, I saw Susan and Máiréad walk into the room. Then, I saw Chloë and Lisa walk into the room. My mouth flew wide open! I had only expected to meet two of the girls. I let the pair in front of me go into the room. After they were done, I walked in.

I walked in and gave the lady my phone. The girls stood in a line and ushered me to the center. As I made my way to the line, Chloë said my shoes looked fabulous. All I could say was thank you. After the picture was taken, the girls asked me stuff. The problem was, though, I was so overwhelmed by the fact these beautiful girls were standing with me that I couldn't talk at all! All I could say was a message from Sarah (IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3) and asking Chloë for a hug. I then walked out of the room and back into the auditorium in a daze.

After talking with Sarah V, Mike, Paul and Destiny for a few minutes, I headed to the balcony to go to my seat. I was in the back balcony in row r. During intermission, I would move to the first row in the balcony.

Show time!

Will do song highlights from both acts (not in any particular order) since I can't remember the set list.

Awakening: stunning. When Máiréad came out, I felt tears come to my eyes because I couldn't believe I had just met her! As the girls went on the stage, more tears came to my eyes. It was so beautiful.

Amazing Grace made me cry for the first time ever. I have always torn up at this song for other tours, but some thing about the element of this made me start crying during the end.

Caledonia: beautiful!!! Susan made it her own song!

The Voice was so amazing!!! I love how Susan belted it without any fear of not sounding like Lisa Kelly.

The New Ground/Orinioco Flow: when The New Ground started, I was excited because I had not heard it since 2011. When the solo ended, though, I was so confused because the girls weren't on the stage. Then the choir started singing "sail away" and I realized I was wrong about the song they were going to sing.

Nocturne: love love love this song.

Ave Maria: gorgeous, as always. The choir gave me chills.

Bridge Over Troubled Waters might be my new favorite Lisa solo. This gave me so many chills.

Dulaman: who knew Ray could sing?

Granualie's Dance: so much fun!

Coast of Galacia was so energetic!

TAR: hilarious start! Loved the energy. When it ended, I saw Chloë and Dermot skip offstage holding hands, and it was so adorable!

The tribute to broadway was just stunning. I tore up during I dreamed a dream. I was blown away by the girl's power in their voices!

You Raise Me Up: beautiful, but I missed the second verse.

The Parting Glass: so many chills. When the band stopped playing and the girls and choir were just singing... Shocked Shocked

Last thoughts:

After the concert ended, I was in a daze. Everything had just gone in a blur that was so fast and beautiful.

The audience was dead in the balcony. During the fast songs, some people would clap along, but then it would just stop.

The new lighting... Let's just say I never want to be in the balcony again. The lights were stunning, but I kept getting distracted by the lights, and the lights shined in my eyes at times.

The sound was just beautiful!!!

Sorry if this review was all over the place. That was just how much of a beautiful blur last night was to me. It made my entire year and will be a cherished memory in my heart.

M&G photo!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:06PM by Jennifer » Logged
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 03:19PM »

I `m really happy for you Jenn...sounds like you had a " woooonderful" night. If you ever get to attend another show, try for front row..it`s worth it.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:25PM »

I'm happy to hear that you had a great time Jenn. Don't worry about the review being all over the place, It just happens sometimes. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:57PM »

you might give some thought to making that  pic your  banner maybe .    Cool  way cool !   

Andy91

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:13AM »

I envy you guys, you get to meet them and enjoy their concerts live. :S I am in Egypt and I wish someday celtic woman will tour here cause I am A HUGE fan of them Cheesy
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29AM »

Love reading the reviews of first time meet and greeters Smiley
You can really tell how excited you were!

I agree with Kev, you should try for the front row, or even a pit seat.. more than worth it!! Cheesy

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00AM »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.  Loved the M&G pic.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: