Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4/14/13 Milwaukee~ The City of Dreams  (Read 10660 times)
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 10:30PM »

Okay, I know you guys have been waiting a long time, and sorry you'll have to wait a little while longer. Sad
I'm almost done.. I promise.
But... the special intermission I was talking about.....
TA DA!!  Enjoy Wink

INTERMISSION
Okay, so here's the long anticipated intermission story.  Mostly, I hung out with Libby, and we chatted about the show and how amazing the M&G was. Smiley  Then, we decided to make a run to the restroom before the 2nd act.. a literal run.. haha.  We wanted to make sure we didn't miss and if the 2nd act.  Then, I was hanging out with Libby at her seat before the 2nd act started (since her seat was on the other side of the theatre than mine Sad), when Naomi came up to me and asked if I was Sarah.  I thought I was in trouble or something, but I said I was.  Then she told me something that has kept me going throughout this whole week... something that helped me through my 3 days at the hospital this past Wednesday-Friday.  She looked at me and said, "Chloe wants you to have a meet and greet for Dayton."  That touched my heart and made me tear up.  I kept asking "Are you serious?  Are you kidding?"  She assured me that she was serious and asked me if I wanted 2 passes then for the M&G.  By this point I was bawling uncontrollably, but I was able to squeek out "Yes."  I've been asking Libby ever since (even this morning) if it was real or not... if it actually happened.  She keeps having to reassure me that it was real and it actually did happen.  Sorry Libby... Sad  I'm probably gonna be asking you right up until Tuesday right before the M&G hehe
So, there's my incredible intermission story and Chloe's incredible gift!  Hope that lives up to your expectations of what I've been talking about with my intermission story. hehe

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39AM »

YAY SARAH!!!   looks like Chloe is your new BFF....have "fooooon" in Dayton. Wink

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 11:33AM »

You're so lucky Sarah!!! Yes, the intermission story did live up to my expectations. Can't wait for the rest and have fun in Dayton!

Remember, "once your mind is blown, it can not be un-blown" - The Big Bang Theory

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 08:22PM »

I'm so happy for you, Sarah. Smiley

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the show.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 08:25PM »

You're so lucky Sarah!!! Yes, the intermission story did live up to my expectations. Can't wait for the rest and have fun in Dayton!

Remember, "once your mind is blown, it can not be un-blown" - The Big Bang Theory
   Haaa... I like that quote  Jerad....    Grin

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28PM »

Haaa... I like that quote  Jerad....    Grin
   Thanks James. Grin

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 12:23PM »

I promise the rest of my review will be up sometime today.. Since my next show is tomorrow...haha

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 02:19PM »

Dream come true! No M&G for me tomorrow.  Sad  The only one of the current 4 I haven't met is Chloe who's my favorite! And this year, when they're not in Cinci, they do the M&G with all 4 members. Someday Chloe. Someday!  Wink

And I also plan on posting one of my fun long reviews after my concert tomorrow too! Since it'll be my friend Brittany's first CW live experience, it'll be interesting! Hopefully we can assimilate another into our Collective!  Grin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:20PM by mattycakes » Logged
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51PM »

Okay, here's the 2nd act... sorry it took so long Sad

Amazing Grace: As always, Anthony started this song coming down the aisle on his pipes.  He came right next to where Glen and Jasmine were sitting, and Jasmine was starting at him.. I'm so happy for her, that she got so much interaction from our girs, and it seemed like the choir, (well, and Anthony) were right there in front of her, in the audience quite a bit.  Chloe, Lisa and Susan went on to blow the roof off the theatre with Amazing Grace!!  I always bawl during this song, but thiswas the best I've heard it!
She Moved Thru the Fair: I believe it was Chloe and Lisa who sang this... I can't remember... I'm finishing this review a week after the show... hehe  This song was gorgeous!!  I didn't want it to end!!  There really are no words...
Tribute to Broadway: Susan came out and introduced this song, saying how she's been on Broadway her whole life, and she loves being a Celtic Woman and being able to sing Broadway.  I Dreamed A Dream always tears me up... especially after Chloe's special gift, I couldn't look at her without bawling.  Susan and Chloe's voices really do blend well together... I got chills.  Circle Of Life is always fun to watch!!  Lisa is so playful and puts so much energy into this song!!  The choir seemed to be having a lot of fun too.  I got a lot of love during this song.. and even a kiss from Susan. <3
Nil Sen La : Ray came out and did a solo... kinda like the SFTH tour.  He is AMAZING!!!!!!!  I loved being on the piano side for this show, cause that's where Ray is.  I was clapping and laughing throughout the whole solo!!  Then Mairead came out and Ray and Mairead "fought" which was HILLARIOUS!!!!!
I love how they did Nil Sen La!  I mean, during the SFTH tour, I loved how they started it slowly and with candles, but this was fun too!!  The choir and some of the band were in the aisles.. (on my side.. Sarah was sooo close!! Cheesy) and they were dancing and "playing".  It was incredibly entertaining to watch.  I don't really know what happened on stage, since I was honestly paying attention to the choir, but I do remember Lisa came halfway down the steps, gave the choir a "look" and pointed up onto the stage.  Chloe and Lisa were "glaring" at the choir as they made their way up to the stage.  Edel and Sarah had different outfits on for this song too, and they really had fun "playing" with their dresses. Smiley  I loooooooove the the girls had their Ceili dresses for this song, and they really had a lot of fun!!  I could hardly stay sitting, I wanted to get up and dance... hehe
Shenendoah: This was GORGEOUS!!  I had never heard it live before, and it gave me goosebumps and almost stopped my heart.  I love it on the CD, but seeing/hearing it live is just breathtaking!!  Then Mairead and the tap dancer (I can't remember his name... sorry Sad ) had a duel which was hillarious!! Smiley
The Voice: Okay, to me, this is Lisa's song, even though I've never heard her sing it live, but Susan's version was incredible!!  She added a few little parts of her own, which made the song that much better. Smiley  I love that she feels comfortable adding her own little bits to it.  And this honestly gave me chills too!!  Obviously, she's not Lisa, and no one can replace Lisa, but I am falling in love with Susan's version! Smiley
You Raise Me Up: Mairead introduced this song, saying that it's one of their favorites and they've done it since the beginning of Celtic Woman.  I honestly do not have words for this song... it's always made me bawl, but something about it this time just touched my heart in a way it never has before...especially after Chloe's gift.  I felt like she was singing it right to me, and that meant everything to me. <3
Parting Glass: I  can't remember which girl introduced this song, but I remember as soon as she said the name, I started crying.. again... Knowing that this was the end of the show, and the end of my evening in heaven really really hurt.  Even though I knew I would be seeing them again in a week, it was hard.  I don't honestly even know how much of the song I heard.. I was trying so hard not to let my crying be too loud.  Although I did get a little bit of Sarah time, which was nice. Smiley  It seemed like they gave the choir a little more to sing in this song too. Smiley
Finale: Amazing as always!!  The girls always have so much fun, and you could tell they were really enjoying myself.. Chloe caught my eye and gave me a huge wink and kiss, which has stayed with me.  I was trying to have fun and clap along, but it's always hard for me when the show is over.  I did notice in this song, you can sometimes hear Susan above the others... which is really cool! Smiley
Ceili Playout: The choir did their bows, and the band got acknowledged and everything as usual.  I don't know, there really isn't much to say about this one.  Other than more love from the girls. <3

(Bridge Over Troubled Water): I CANNOT remember where this came in the concert order, so I thought I would put it at the end.  I have always loved this song, since it first aired when Believe aired on PBS, but Lisa's solo version... Shocked Shocked Shocked  Shocked  And the lyrics actually settled in this time, which, I've always loved the lyrics, but this time they really touched me.  Especially the "sail on silver girl.." verse.  It meant a lot to me where I am in my life right now, and with Lisa's gorgeous voice.. it touched my heart... I felt different, and that song has helped me a lot since then.

Okay, end of this review... sorry it took so long to get the 2nd part up.  My next concert is tonight... In a few hours, actually.  Chloe gave me that wonderful gift of a 2nd meet and greet, so I'm really looking forward to that.  And Starman... thank you so so much for that closer seat!!  I owe you. Smiley  Can't WAIT to see the girls up close again!!
Stay tuned for my next review.. Wink

Thanks Scott! 
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 02:13PM »

Love the second act. It's OK that you took so long to get it up.
I'll be waiting patiently for your next review, and have fun in Dayton tonight, M&G and all. Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 04:09PM »

Loved your review of the second act. Have fun tonight Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 09:09AM »

Thanks, Sarah.  Loved it!  Smiley

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: