Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4/14/13 Milwaukee~ The City of Dreams  (Read 10662 times)
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« on: April 15, 2013, 11:25AM »

Okay, I've tried to live up to my review writing standards... I think I got all the songs in here, the only one I cannot for the life of me remember where it came is Bridge Over Troubled Water, so I added it at the end.  I apologize if this review isn't up to my usual standards... I got the most precious gift from Chloe yesterday afternoon, which I'll put in my review, but it's throwing me off a little bit.
   My adventure started with taking Amtrak into Milwaukee on Saturday.  I left at about 8am and arrived in Milwaukee around 3:30ish in the afternoon.  My hotel was about 3 blocks away, so I walked to my hotel and collapsed on the bed in my room.  I did sleep on the train, but for some reason, it made me even more tired.... The next day, I got up early so I could take a shower, do my hair and iron my dress... (which the stupid hotel iron ended up ruining/burning.. well, just the back).  Ncoua stopped by my hotel to pick me up to head over to the theatre for the M&G.  I met Glen in front of the theatre, and gave him my money for the ticket and M&G.  We headed inside and were told the passes weren't there yet, so we hung out around the entrance of the theatre.  After a few minutes, the PBS lady came out to get our names and we started congregating by her.  Glen's daughter was there with her daughter (Glen's grandaughter), and she was too cute!!  It was her first CW live show, and she loooves Mairead.  She was so excited to meet the girls!  She got A LOT of attention during the show as well, but I'll get to that later.  A little later, Libby walked in and I almost bowled a whole bunch of people over trying to get to her, then we gave each other the biggest hugs, since we hadn't seen each other in about 3 years.  We slowly made our way towards a private part of the theatre, and we ended up in this huge banquet room that smelled REALLY GOOD!! I saw Andy, Tommy and the bass player (can't remember his name) walk through... then Anthony came in and started filling up his plate... I was kinda having a mini spazz attack, even though I had met him before.. haha  Finally someone from the tour (I can't remember his name) came out and introduced himeself and gave us all the rules of the M&G.  He told us the girls would be walking by us to get to the M&G room.. and about 2 minutes later they did, and I freaked... I yelled out "CHLOE!"  and she looked at me and gave me one of her infamous winks Cheesy
   THE MEET AND GREET : They let us in a few people at a time.  I pulled Libby in with me and made her hold my hand, so I wouldn't bawl.  The first girl when we walked in was Chloe, and she all but threw herself at me for a hug.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mairead off to the side and as soon as I pulled away from my Chloe hug, she gave me a huge "hi!" and held out her arms to me.  I'm surprised I didn't trip running into them. Cheesy  Then of course, I HAD to have a Lisa Lambe hug, since I've heard so much about them!!  Reviews/retellings do not do her hugs justice... at all.... I don't know if I can even describe them... other than... :O :O  Then, I walked over about half a step to say hi to Susan, who actually reached out to give me a hug too Smiley  I was honestly surprised... not that she remembered me, but that she reached out for a hug.  She seems to be more comfortable this tour.  I got like a gazillion hugs from Lisa, and of course, my sweet Chloe.  Mairead wouldn't let me leave without another hug either. Wink  Of course, Libby and I got a picture with the girls. Smiley  Then, as I was being rushed out ( I never even saw Libby leave) I ran back to Chloe to give her one more hug, and to tell her how she helped me through my hospital stay last week for my depression.  I didn't go into detail, I just told her how I was hospitalized for self harm and she really helped me through it.  All of a sudden, she is around me again, and when we pull away, she reaches out and puts her hand on my cheek and says "Take care, okay sweetie?"  I looked right into those mesmerizing, heart-melting eyes and squeaked out "I will" (I had started to cry).  She would not take her hand away and said "I'm serious, look after yourself okay?"  Then I got ANOTHER hug!!  I feel so safe and loved in those arms.  This leads to what happened at intermission, which I'll write about in that part of the review.  I don't have the picture yet... Still waiting for Libby to post it.  Although, I found out this morning as I was packing my hotel room.. I had my camera the whole time... it was in a pocket of my suitcase I didn't even know I had.. Roll Eyes
   There's something for you guys to enjoy while I work on the 1st Act part of my review.  I'm gonna head out to catch my train in about 2 hours or so... and once I get to the Amtrak station, I'm not gonna be online to post it, cause they charge a ridiculous amount to get wi fi at the station.  I'm still at the hotel, waiting in the lobby, so I'll post as much as I can before my battery dies too.. haha

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02PM »

Sounds like you had an amazing time so far. Smiley Can't wait to read the rest of your review, and I'm ALWAYS here if you want to talk.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 05:29PM »

Glad you had such an amazing time.  Can't wait to hear about the rest of it.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 07:47PM »

Still on the train guys... And my laptop is dead.. I`ll post the first act tomorrow Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 07:53PM »

Sounds great so far....    Cheesy

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:11PM »

Sounds good! Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:06PM »

About halfway done with the first act.....
This show is super emotional for me, so it's taking me a little longer... thanks for your patience Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 12:45PM »

No problem, take all the time you need. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 12:59PM »

Okay, Act 1

Awakening: I didn't realize my seat was as close to the stage as it was, and I've been in the pit before, but after my amazing M&G with Chloe, I was feeling pretty emotional.  I was sitting by Glen, as well as his daughter and granddaughter, and as soon as Mairead walked on the stage, her eyes were glued to the stage.  The music started and Mairead walked out and started the song as always.  As soon as Chloe walked out, the tears started.  I was trying so incredibly hard not to cry, because I didn't want to miss anything... didn't work too well.  We were on the piano side, and the first time Mairead came over to our side, she found Jasmine (Glen's granddaughter) and played to her the rest of the show.  She kept giving her these smiles and "hi!"s.  Jasmine loved it, and we loved watching her. Smiley  All 4 girls were really on, and it was a joy watching them.  Even though I didn't tell her in the M&G where I was sitting, Chloe instantly found me and kept giving me her infamous winks.  During breaks in the vocals I would catch her eye and blow her kisses, which she gave right back.  I've said this before, but I've always felt a connection with her, but something was stronger this time.  I felt more connected to her than I ever have before, and she silently told me from that first wink from the stage that I was not alone and she wanted to be there for me.  The coreography was slightly altered as well, but it worked.. it looked incredible!!  This was my first glimpse of the new choir girls as well, and they are gorgeous!!  I've seen pics of them, but live, they are stunning!!  I could not take my eyes off of Sarah.  They both fit in incredibly well, but something about Sarah drew me to her... (I don't know if it's the name or what.. haha).  
Dulaman: Lisa was on fire, as always!!  This song starts out a little differently though.  During one of the breaks in Awakening, Lisa goes over by the piano and puts on the little filmy wrap on her skirt, which Chloe and Susan stand in front of her, hiding her from, well, most of the audience... ( I was on the piano side, so I could see).  Then, after Awakening, Chloe, Mairead and Susan leave the stage, leaving just Lisa and the band.  Normally the song is started by the male choir, but they changed it.  Lisa starts this song with the gorgeous slow ballad like song.  It confused me at first because I knew Dulaman was second in the lineup, but I was enjoying her new song as well.  It gave me goosebumps.  Then, as she was finishing, the 2 choir guys came up and started their "Dulaman" chant.  Lisa then launches into the most incredible Dulaman I have ever seen her perform!!  She looooooooves playing with her skirt, and she really gave it her all!  And Ray!  He took the male solo in this song!  It was amazing!!  I have to admit though, when I saw him come down, and saw he had a mic on, I was wondering if he was going to take that solo.. and I'm glad he did!!  Lisa playing her spoons on Ray was adorable, as always. Smiley  Towards the end of the song, the choir girls came out as well to dance with the choir guys, and I'm just gonna say here that I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how much more the choir does this tour!!  Even if they're not involved more vocally with the show than in the past, they seem to be getting a lot more stage time this tour, which is always good, in my book. Cheesy
Nocturne: I'm just going to put this disclaimer in here... any songs with Chloe in them (as you can tell from Awakening), I may get just a little emotional with.  She means a lot more to me now after intermission from yesterday, which I'll get to, but I've felt a stronger emotional connection with her since yesterday.
After Dulaman, Chloe comes out the band side of the stage with a hand held mic and says her traditional hello to everyone.  (She seemed worlds away on the other end of the stage, by the way.. haha).  She asked if we were having a good time, and there were  few cheers, so she got her adorable Chloe "pout" and said "That doesn't sound very convincing... Are you having fun so far?!"  That got a better response out of the crowd, and her smile is just heart melting.  She talked for a little bit... (she sure does love to talk.. hehe) saying how much they appreciate such a warm welcome back to Milwaukee and about how they've been coming here since the beginning of Celtic Woman.  Then, she talked a little about the new tour and how they were bringing older songs back.  She introduced Nocturne by saying that this was one of her "newer favorites"  She explained a little about what the song was talking about, then started the song... and I think I died... I have always loved how she does this song, but she was 150% on yesterday, and added a few "frills" to it, and really gave it everything she had!!  I had goosebumps all over and was in complete and utter awe.  Of course, when she was over by the piano side, I did get a lot of love from her.  When she ended, I leapt out of my seat and could not stop cheering... I got a lot of funny looks from people around me, but I didn't care.  Chloe is my favorite and I was gonna show her all kinds of love... especially after all the love she's shown me. Smiley
Coast of Galacia: Mairead was ON FIRE during the show yesterday afternoon!!  You could tell she was playing to Jasmine, who kept inching up towards the steps like she wanted to run onstage after Mairead.  Every time Mairead came over to our side of the stage, she sent smiles and kisses her way,and of course, I had to blow her a few kisses, which she acknowledged with a Mairead smile and a "hi!"  I think she was excited to have this song back... She was going to town!!  She was all over that stage flying everywhere and never missing a beat.  Her bow strings were shredded by the end, but it never threw her... She has always played off of the energy of the audience, and you could tell she was yesterday.  Once she found Jasmine, she gave her most of her attention... which was soo cute! Smiley  I don't even know what else to say about this song, other than... WOW... Shocked Shocked
New Ground: I liked that they gave this to Tommy without attaching it to Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears.  Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE IOH IOT, but I love that they let Tommy have his moment.  It was the first slower song since Chloe's Nocturne, and it gave me a chance to let it sink in.... I was crying by the end of this song... I think partly because of how gorgeous it was, and partly because of how much meeting Chloe meant to me yesterday... That was one special M&G.  I do like that they brought this song back... I've missed it.
Orinoco Flow: I am still ecstatic that they brought this song back!!!!!  The girls did something interesting with the gowns for this song too... It's the same material that Lisa has attached to her dress for Dulaman, but for this song, it's used as capes.. and all 3 girls have it.  That was the first thing that caught my attention when the girls first came out.  The choir, like always, started this song... and this choir.. even though there are only 4 of them... they are a force to be reckoned with!!  Such strong voices!!  The coreography was changed for this song too, and I honestly have to say, I liked the older coreography a little better.  I have always loved seeing this song live though!!  And the girls added their little "solos" in the middle that were there during the SFTH tour.  Susan's gave me goosebumps!!  She seems a lot more confortable letting herself go this tour, and she really shines!! <3
Caledonia: Susan walked out with a hand held mic and introduced this song.  More choir stage time, too, which is good Wink  Now, I have to say, I have always been a fan of Lisa's Caledonia, but Susan gives Lisa a run for her money on this song!!  I was getting chills.  She makes it her own and is not afraid to make a few changes.  The choir's background is just lovely for this song as well... I really think they picked the perfect choir arrangement for this show.. their voices blend so well together.  I couldn't help it, after this song, I had to give Susan a standing ovation.  She left me in awe.  Not that I was expecting any less, of course, but I had goosebumps the entire time.  There really isn't a way to describe it, other than, if you haven't seen Susan perform this live yet, you really need to!  Smiley
Teir Abhaile Riu: This is the part of the review I've been avoiding writing... It's so hard to sum this song up in words.  Last year, I was on Chloe's side of the theatre, and this year, I was on Lisa's side.  the beginning "argument" always always always cracks me up!! Cheesy  Lisa came down the aisle singing, and when she saw Jasmine, she bounced over to her, picked her up in her arms and started dancing with her.  It was sooo sweet!!  Chloe entered from the other side of the audience, and made her way over as well.  Jasmine got a tweak on the nose from Chloe, which she couldn't stop talking about. Smiley  I have to say (and I think I said this in my review last year too), "pissed off Chloe" is tooooooo adorable!!  Lisa kept looking at us, then pointing in Chloe's direction and shaking her head. Cheesy  Then, they both make it up on the stage, and Susan comes out to "intervene".  She gets the cutest look on her face too.  Then the 3 of them go at it, for what seemed like longer than last year, but it was adorable!!  The rest of the song is pretty uneventful... Other than Chloe pushing Ray off the stage and flirting with the piano player (can't remember his name, sorry Sad ).  The choir really got into it too, and I got a few smiles from Sarah. Smiley
Granuaile's Dance: LOOOOVE seeing this song back too!!  I'll say it again, Mairead was ON FIRE!!!!!!!!  I counted 15-16 spins, when I remembered to count... haha.  She was really playing to Jasmine, and off the energy of the audience.  I really honestly don't know how to review this song.... It just left me with one reaction... Shocked
Danny Boy: This is another song I don't know how to review.  Just because of how gorgeous and amazing it was!!  I can't even remember who introduced it...  But the harmonies between these 3 girls are chilling!!  David did an incredible job with the current line up!  I think I remember reading this in another review, but I wouldn't mind the line up staying like this forever... Their 3 voices just melt so beautifully together!!  Love that Mairead is in this song too!!  I know she has been for a few tours, but it adds a lot! Smiley
Mo Ghile Mear: I started crying when I recognized this song, because I knew the first act was almost over.  But, as always, it's incredibly entertaining watching the audience jump at the beginning! Cheesy  And again, this choir is fierce!!  They are incredible!!  The one part of this song, that I could not stop talking to Libby about, was during, I believe it's the 2nd verse was they sing "know that I will sing to you..." Lisa Lambe looked at me, and reached out towards me very purposely during that part.  I had been blowing her a gajillion kisses during this song, anyway, cause she likes the piano side of the stage hehe and I kept reaching out to her (actually we kept reaching to each other).  But I remember very specifically at that part of the song, she purposely reached out to me... wanting me to know that she was singing to me.  That touched my heart and made me fall even more under her spell. <3 <3

I'll post Act 2 probably tomorrow sometime... This show really got to me... with all the old songs they brought back and I somehow connected more with our girls than I ever have, so it's difficult emotionally for me to write this review... But Act 2 will be up tomorrow sometime, I promise Smiley

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:06PM by IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3 » Logged

Thanks Scott! 
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 01:12PM »

Sounds like you had an amazing time! Can't wait for the rest of the review tomorrow. Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29PM »

Great review Sarah....it really brought back the memories of my recent show......sooooo glad Chloe gave you those hugs!....and you didn`t trip ..not even once...of course there would have been no laundry baskets around , anyway Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 07:17PM »

Can't wait to read the rest of your review! Smiley
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 09:54PM »

Great review we all had a great time. You know a guy came up to us on the way out after the show and asked us if that was all prearranged with the little girl. Couldn't believe he asked us that but we told him no it wasn't and only thing was the girls knew this concert was her 5th birthday and that she loved the girls and had met them before the show. All the girls really turned on the love to her during the show Plus after the show out back by the bus. All I can say is thank you to the girls they really made her day big time she will never forget this day. When she got home she told her daddy that Chloe pulled my nose. We bought her a CW t-shirt and she had to wear it to school Monday morning to show all her little friends where she had gone. This was by far the best show I have been to and I think this was show 8 or 9 and this was the best time I have had. The picture is my Grand daughter meeting her girls as she says

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:39PM by Glen » Logged

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 09:42AM »

Thanks, Sarah for great reviews of the M&G plus first act.  I loved every word.  It just whets my appetite even more for my concerts in May.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 07:52PM »

Sorry the 2nd half is taking so long guys... I was in the hospital for a few days.. .and now I need to go to bed soon since my flight leaves tomorrow morning...
I'll post the rest of it tomorrow... I promise Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: