Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Milwaukee, April 14th- the Meet and Greet  (Read 3387 times)
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« on: April 15, 2013, 04:18PM »

This was it. The day was finally here! Sarah summed up waiting at the venue very well, so I will post the meet and greet experience and more details later. I just have to say that I feel SO fortunate to have met all four girls at my first meet and greet. So, here it is.

Sarah and I walked into the meet and greet room together. She was ahead of me holding my hand. The first thing I remember is Lisa and Mairead saying, 'oh my gosh, you are so beautiful!' I was totally taken aback! They we calling ME beautiful? Cheesy I thanked them, and Susan reached her hand out to me and introduced herself. I said i was glad to meet her. She is so gorgeous!
Right after, Lisa came up to me and gave me a big hug! I told her i was so happy to meet her. She is absolutely stunning! Then, I looked to Mairead, and she reached out and gave me a big hug as well! I told her how excited I was to meet her as well. Lisa asked me if I had been at a show a week ago, i can't remember where she said, but I told her that my last show had been nearly three years ago. They all were like, 'oh my gosh!' I know I hugged Susan somewhere in there, also.
Then, Chloe came up to me and gave me the biggest hug ever. Her eyes are just beautiful! I always thought she was taller than me, but i did have heels on. We were at eye level with each other as we talked. She asked me if the St. Paul show three years ago was the one I had been at, and I told her it was Appleton. She said, 'oh, Appleton Wisconsin! That was such a beautiful little city.' She then proceded to spin me around and say, 'I need to show our stylist your hair.'  Cheesy (I was VERY happily suprised at this point) We talked about our hair for a little bit, then Lisa chimed in and said she loved it. I told her that her hair was gorgeous and that their stylist does an amazing job. Chloe said, 'Tell Michael that!' (I think that was his name, i'm not 100 percent sure.) I did, and he seemed genuinely pleased. The girls all laughed and said 'that's so nice!' We then got together for a picture, and Susan asked us how far we had come to see the show. I told her Sarah had traveled six hrs on a train, and they were all so appreciative with that. I then stepped away from the girls. Lisa came up to me again and gave me another hug and said, 'You are such a beautiful girl!' I was again taken aback Cheesy I said 'thank you so much!' I said goodbye to the rest of the girls, and walked out.

I can't even believe this really happened, you guys. I'll post a review, the pic and more highlights later tonight when I can gather my thoughts a little bit better. Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:37PM by Irish CW Fan » Logged

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:49PM »

Love hearing your reaction Libby! I didn`t even notice you leave haha I was confused when I turned around and you weren`t there.  I`m waiting on the picture... Wink

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:52PM »

Sounds like you had  an awesome time Libby !  Thanks for sharing your good time.   Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:53AM »

Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:54PM »

OKay, guys, here some highlights of the show in my opinion.
  • Caledonia- This may have been my favorite song in the entire show. I didn't know they had brought it back in this tour, and it was my favorite Lisa solo. When Susan started to sing, I instantly fell in love with her version. Whenever she sang the chorus, it gave me chills beyond compare.
  • The Voice- I know I am kind of revolving around Susan's solos, but this was my other favorite Lisa solo. Susan 100 percent BLEW IT OUT OF THE WATER. I gave her a standing ovation afterwards.
    • The male choir member/dancer (can't think of his name) slipped and nearly fell while coming down to do his bit in TAR! My heart really skipped a beat then.
    • Duing the "dueling vocals"between LIsa and Chloe in the beginning of TAR, Lisa came up to Glen's grandaughter, Jasmine, and picked her right up!
    • Chloe's Ave Maria had the ENTIRE audience on their feet. She seemed genuinely suprised after she had gotten up from one knee. The audience really was amazing at this show. Best I've ever seen.
    • Lisa Lambe is STUNNING! ANd all the rest of the girls are as well, and my gosh they are easy to talk to.
    [/list]

Emer Dreamer
    Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 08:14PM »

Hey.... I  absolutely  loved   Susan's  solos too.   Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: