Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding...  (Read 2916 times)
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« on: April 16, 2013, 12:57PM »

As many of you know, the tragedy that occurred in Boston yesterday prompted a veritable media storm, with celebrities and average citizens alike taking to the internet to express shock, sorrow, and hope as reports flooded in and we struggled to make sense of it all. I was particularly moved by the quick and heartfelt responses of the CW community to the goings on.

Sarah Gannon tweeted about the runners who continued past the finish line, running to area hospitals to donate blood for the injured, and my response was favorited.

And Anthony Byrne expressed his shock and disgust, prompting the following dialogue.

In times like these, the line between celebrity and non celebrity, as with all lines that divide us, become blurred as we try to comprehend what has happened. This honest and open communication is a testament to that. It really did comfort me to be able to have such open and honest dialogue with someone who I respect, but don't know all that well. The sentiments expressed by Sarah and Anto, as well as myself, were genuine. I am so thankful they made themselves so available to fans.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28PM »

It's like  Charles  Dickens  said in "A Tale Of Two Cities" ...... "it was the best of times...it was the worst of times...." 

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:59PM »

I'm a new yorker, so there's the rivalry between our two cities but this is just awful. My prayers to all

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: