Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irish Eyes are Smiling with Celtic Woman (Springfield, Illinois/Susan Interview)  (Read 2117 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 18, 2013, 07:59PM »

While most of the country was complaining about the recent spring snow storms and unseasonably cold temperatures, a visitor from the temperate climes of Ireland was enjoying the weather.

“It was the first time I witnessed an ice storm and the aftermath was so beautiful. In Ireland, we don’t get a lot of ice storms. It was really spectacular to see,” said Susan McFadden, of the vocal group Celtic Woman.

The ice storm resulted in power outages that canceled the group’s performance in Sioux Falls, S.D., last Thursday, but the forecast is favorable for their show Sunday at Sangamon Auditorium in Springfield.

Celtic Woman was founded in 2004 and has been called “Riverdance for the voice,” a comparison to the dance stepping production that popularized Irish culture throughout the world in the 1990s. Since its inception, Celtic Woman has featured a revolving lineup of vocalists and a Celtic violinist.

McFadden, who was born in Dublin, Ireland, was invited to join Celtic Woman last year when original member Lisa Kelly announced that she would be leaving the group to give birth to her fourth child.

McFadden had spent the past seven years working in London’s West End, landing leading roles in musicals such as “Legally Blonde” and “Grease.”

“I was delighted to have the opportunity to step away from that and do something different, go back to my roots and doing something Irish again. So I jumped at the chance,” McFadden said.

“I’d followed the girls’ success over the years so I had a good idea of what they did. I think the thing I wasn’t prepared for was how hard the girls work. We’ve spent the last 18 months traveling all over the world promoting our music. It’s a very rewarding job,” she said.

McFadden, original member Chloë Agnew, vocalist Lisa Lambe and violinist Máiréad Nesbitt are currently on a fourth-month tour of the U.S. that will find them performing in more than 70 cities. The group performed in Springfield in 2009 and 2011.

http://www.sj-r.com/entertainment/x1545201889/Irish-eyes-are-smiling-with-Celtic-Woman
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:12PM »

I get to see the show this article is in reference to!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I know that you all know that but I'm super excited) Also, I am really glad we got a Susan interview. It seems as though she really is settling into Celtic Woman nicely, and her comments about being a bit unprepared for the workload Celtic Woman entails seems to explain why she may not have seemed as interactive as the other girls in the beginning. I'm sure she was exhausted, and of course Lisa Kelly's shoes are big ones to fill.

It's been exciting to see her relax and open up to us, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: