Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The greatest show EVER-Springfield, IL 4-21-13  (Read 4337 times)
avalonfreak06

« on: April 21, 2013, 06:58PM »

Stay tuned! I'll be working on the review shortly. Let me just say, best CW show I have been to musically! Smiley Grin
avalonfreak06

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:58PM »

Since I didn’t write things down in order during the concert, Im just going to go down the list on the setlist in the program and talk about it that way. I would rather enjoy myself then have to be writing stuff down! ?

Awakening-WOW, I love it, love it, love it! I loved the new beginning that they added to it. It was different yet it still in the element of the song. I liked their new dance moves that they did as well. Lisa did her little thing with the lights and her hands like others have described in the past shows. It was such a cool effect.

Caledonia-Susan has definitely come into her own during this tour. She was a little reserved the last tour, but WOW, has she changed.  She gave the background before this song saying she sang it when she was growing up and had a special place in her heart. She conveyed the song beautifully.

Danny Boy-This song received a standing ovation at the end and it was well deserved. Lisa introduced the song saying its an Irish staple song.  This arrangement is always beautiful to begin with.

Dulaman-I LOVED this new introduction.  I agree it does sound like a whole new song.  Loved hearing Ray sing. I don’t know why they didn’t do that a long time ago.  This song is great as always!

Granuaile’s Dance-Mairead was on turbo all afternoon. She bounced around she just blew everyone away.

Mo Ghile Mear-This is another great song! So much energy and it gets people on their feet. Its just a great song in general. 

Nocturne-Chloe got the crowd riled up and asked if we were ready for a great time. She always has so much passion behind this song when she sings. It just blew people away.

Orinoco Flow- Let me just say! WOW! They way they rearranged this piece, I love it even more! I loved the new capes that they put on. Gave it a great affect to the song. So nice to hear Susan finally on this song.

The Coast of Galicia-This song was just as awesome as always. Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. 

The New Ground-Tommy did wonderful as always.  Theres a lot of love for him in this area of the country!

Teir Abhaile Riu-Still one of my favorite numbers. Chloe brought a girl in the audience up to her. That little girl loved it!!!  I look forward to seeing what they do with this song in the future!

Act 2 will comes as soon as I can get to it! Im still on a concert high! Smiley
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:06PM »

Great review, can't wait till part 2. Isn't Mairead ALWAYS on turbo?

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Jennifer

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 08:20PM »

Can't wait until act 2 Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:26PM »

nice  review   Avalon ....  Cool

avalonfreak06

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 09:35AM »

Thanks everyone. I have to work until 10pm(cst) today but I plan to work on it whenever I get home. Grin
avalonfreak06

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 10:46PM »

As promised here is Act II.

Act II

Amazing Grace-This just moves the audience through a journey back into such a magnificent show.  The effects of Anthony coming from stage right in the audience gives us audience a more intimate feel to it. Typically listen to the CD, I always skip past this song, but there is just something about hearing this live that changes it for me every time.

Ave Maria-Chloe did fantastic on this.  I loved that the choir came out with the candles they used during Nil Se’n La in the SFTH tour. I think this was the best that I have ever heard Chloe sing this! You could hear the break in her voice during this that gives it that real feeling! What a beautiful arrangement.

Bridge Over Troubled Water- Can I just say WOW! I typically hate this song usually when anyone else since it, but Lisa has definitely made me start to like it.  This arrangement is SO SO SO much better than the group version of it. I didn’t like the group version too much but this solo version Lisa really shined her light through.

Broadway-Can I just say that Susan seriously need to become Fantine in Les Mis when she is finished with Celtic Woman? Seriously, She does this song the justice that it deserves and I am more convinced by her singing it then when Anne Hathaway sings it in the movie adaptation.  Chloe always adds that extra warmth to the song as well.  Then Lisa comes in and starts with Circle of Life. Still from one of my favorite Disney movies.  I love the way they convey this song on the tour, so much better than the DVD, but the DVD does justice too.

Nil S’en La- WOW WOW WOW! I have a newfound love for this song. I loved it to begin with but I love it even more now. The choir members were so playful during this song. I seriously thought that Craig was going to kick one of the audience members in the face when he did his dancing in front of the front row.  But the arrangement of this song seemed different to me. There wasn’t as much bass as there use to be. And some parts there seemed to be an acapella elements added to it! I thought it was so cool and different!

Shenandoah-As I previously stated, Mairead blows every number she does out of the water.  Craig comes out and dances later on and gets the crowd a goin.

She Moved Through the Fair-I have to say I love Meav’s version of this song, but I absolutely love this version SO much better. There is just something about it being a duet. You can definitely tell the love that Chloe and Lisa have for one another. 

The Parting Glass- I love the new arrangement. The girls had me laughing during this song, especially Susan. Anthony was coming down the stairs with the bag pipe and she just kept flirting with him and then kept tugging on his kilt. I thought it was hilarious.

The Voice- I have to say Susan has WON me over!! I love Lisa’s version as much as everyone else. But I love the breaks that Susan in her voice that gives this song such a different feel. I applaud Susan for doing such a fantastic job with this version. 

You Raise Me Up-I always love hearing the girls with this one. I was disappointed with them leaving out the extra verse, but Ill get over it.  This was done beautiful as always.

I have to say this show goes down in the books for me as the best show I have seen by them to date. And that’s a lot to say to make me think that. The attention they gave me during this show was amazing! Chloe especially.  I had the privilege of meeting the girls once again at the stage door. First one that came out was Susan, she went to put her stuff on the bus and stayed there for a while.  Then Mairead came out and went to the bus. Then the two came off and started signing things. It was finally great to meet Susan face to face and once again get to chat with Mairead.  Then the best moment for me was when Lisa came out. She put her stuff on the bus then came back out and her and chatted about her wedding and she told me about why she wasn’t wearing her ring on tour. We then started chatting about the recent recording that was made.  Everyone was asking where Chloe was and Lisa came back and said we are always waiting on the youngin. LOL Chloe finally came out and when she got to me I thanked her for all the attention she was giving me from the stage. She said she was so happy to see me again and was thrilled that I come see them year after year.  She said she loved that sang along to all the songs and she was impressed that I was singing along to the Irish ones too.  I do have brag that our audience was amazing. There were pretty much standing ovations after every song that afternoon.  The crowd was very receptive. I probably embarrassed myself too much cheering and yelling for them as loud as I was, but im not ashamed haha. Overall a wonderfully fantastic show. 
Bagboy

Gee, I wish I was Irish!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06PM »

Thank you for the great re-cap, and I must concur with Brandon, that this was the greatest show ever!  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin   But even more special was the impromptu stage door meet and greet, which was an unexpected bonus for those of us that waited! 

Anyone who loves Celtic Woman and Meat Loaf can't be all bad!
Banner by MLB! Thank you Smiley
avalonfreak06

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 12:48PM »

So so true!! And  for us to have some to have some extra special girls to wait for was such an incentive!!!  Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 05:05PM »

Avalon... what a wonderful show we shared...and I can still feel the girls' hugs from the impromptu meet and greet.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: