Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Australian Tour Rescheduled to January  (Read 11688 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: August 04, 2013, 05:57PM »

RESCHEDULED SHOWS
Due to unforeseen circumstances the Celtic Woman Tour have been rescheduled.

Below outlines the shows that have changed date.
City    Original Date    New Date
Melbourne    Sun 15 Sep    Sun 19 Jan 7:30pm
Adelaide    Tue 17 Sep    Tue 21 Jan 7:30pm
Wollongong    Thu 19 Sep    Thu 16 Jan 7:30pm
Newcastle    Fri 20 Sep    Wed 15 Jan 7:30pm
Canberra    Sun 22 Sep    Sat 18 Jan 5:30pm

All ticket holders for the above cities, your tickets will be valid for the new performances, simply present them at the venue on the new date.
If you cannot attend the new dates, please click here to see information on obtaining a full refund on your purchase.

The below shows have change date and venue. Please note you will be contacted in the course of the week to arrange a replacement of your tickets or to provide a full refund.
Original Venue & Date    New Venue & Date

Brisbane Convention Centre, Thu 12 Sep    Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Sun 12 Jan 5:30pm
Perth Arena, Fri 27 Sep    Riverside Theatre Perth, Fri 24 Jan 7:30pm
Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Tue 17 Sep    Adelaide Entertainment Theatre, Tue 21 Jan 7:30pm

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=CELTICWO13

https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman?ref=stream
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 06:00PM »

It's  a bummer for  our  "Down Under" friends...but  I  wonder  what  the  'unforseen circumstances "  where.  Undecided

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 06:04PM »

It's  a bummer for  our  "Down Under" friends...but  I  wonder  what  the  'unforseen circumstances "  where.  Undecided

I have my theory, but I won't speculate publicly.  I just hope it's nothing bad such as illness.  If someone is missing from the Christmas show this week, we'll have a partial answer, but I don't think anyone is expected to be MIA.  Susan, Mairead, and Chloe have all mentioned traveling to Dublin and Lisa is already there.  Hopefully it something mundane such as a contractual issue.

That said, I wonder how much of a ripple effect this will cause.  It could impact the European tour, Christmas tour, or even the 2014 NAT.  This year the girls had January off before starting the NAT.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:58PM by AggieGuy » Logged
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 06:28PM »

This is disappointing for the friends in the outback. I wonder what the circumstances are. Undecided

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 06:56PM »

Something else I thought of.  Will the rescheduled shows still be what we all saw on the NAT, or rather the Emerald Tour.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 09:37PM »

Here is the official press release.

CELTIC WOMAN RESCHEDULE AUSTRALIAN TOUR DATES

Due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts, Celtic Woman have been forced to postpone their forthcoming Australian tour. The concerts were due to commence on September 12 and tour is rescheduled to January 2014. New dates and some venue changes are listed below. Tickets for the original dates will be valid for the new dates and those ticket holders who wish to obtain refunds should request a refund from point of purchase by 31th August 2013.

Celtic Woman’s Susan McFadden says, “We are truly sorry for any inconvenience we have caused our Australian fans and promise that when we come over in January we will put on a show to remember!”
“We are sorry for any inconvenience to the fans. We are pleased we could reschedule the tour and not cancel”, said Leon Spellson from Nine Live, the Promoter of the Australian Tour.

Brisbane’s concert has now moved to Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre tickets are transferable for the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. New seated tickets for Brisbane Entertainment Centre will be automatically posted out to current seated ticket holders after 31st August 2013. Additional tickets for the Brisbane Entertainment Centre will go on sale on Monday 5th August 2013 10am, from

www.ticketek.com.au.

Perth’s concert has been moved to the Riverside Theatre, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. Perth Arena tickets are transferable for the Riverside Theatre. New seated tickets for The Riverside Theatre will be automatically posted out to current seated ticket holders after 31st August. Additional tickets for The Riverside Theatre will go on sale on Monday 5th August 2013 10am, from www.ticketek.com.au.

JANUARY 2014 TOUR DATES

Brisbane Brisbane Entertainment Centre Sunday 12 January 5.30pm
Newcastle Newcastle Entertainment Centre Wednesday 15 January 7.30pm
Wollongong WIN Entertainment Centre Thursday 16 January 7.30pm
Sydney* Sydney Entertainment Centre Friday 17 January 7.30pm
Canberra Royal Theatre Saturday 18 January 7.30pm
Melbourne Arts Centre Melbourne, Hamer Hall Sunday 19 January 5.30pm
Adelaide Adelaide Entertainment Centre – Theatre Tuesday 21 January 7.30pm
Perth Riverside Theatre, Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre Friday 24 January 7.30pm

http://celticwoman.com/reschedule-press-release/
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28PM »

It's  a bummer for  our  "Down Under" friends...but  I  wonder  what  the  'unforseen circumstances "  where.  Undecided

I have my theory, but I won't speculate publicly.  I just hope it's nothing bad such as illness.  If someone is missing from the Christmas show this week, we'll have a partial answer, but I don't think anyone is expected to be MIA.  Susan, Mairead, and Chloe have all mentioned traveling to Dublin and Lisa is already there.  Hopefully it something mundane such as a contractual issue.

That said, I wonder how much of a ripple effect this will cause.  It could impact the European tour, Christmas tour, or even the 2014 NAT.  This year the girls had January off before starting the NAT.

Yes, this will definitely affect the 2014 NAT tour although some venues have already sold tickets.  So those dates may have to be changed.  This will be felt far and wide.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 04:30PM »

Yes, this will definitely affect the 2014 NAT tour although some venues have already sold tickets.  So those dates may have to be changed.  This will be felt far and wide.

My original comment was before we knew why, although I was thinking it was someone leaving, with Chloe making the most sense.

Right now, the earliest US 2014 date we have is Feb. 25, a month after the rescheduled AUS tour concludes.  If that is the earliest or close to it, they should be fine.  The real issue now is integrating Chloe's replacement into the group and having her ready to go.  If that goes well, I don't see a disruption.  I'm more worried about the Christmas tour at this point.  2014 is far enough away.  If they didn't think they could get everything ready, they wouldn't have rescheduled the AUS tour, but just canceled it.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 06:20AM »

Do you think Méav can take Chloe's place? I'm just wondering... Roll Eyes

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: