Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When You Believe... 4-21-13  (Read 34830 times)
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« on: April 22, 2013, 05:51AM »

When I first announced here on the forum that I would be attending my first ever Celtic Woman concert, I was told  over and over how special, magical and unique my experience was sure to be. That was an incredible understatement.

As many of you who are particularly close to me on the forum know, going to a concert like this takes an incredible amount of sacrifice and planning. A fixed income makes tickets a rare treat and M&Gs naught but distant dreams. Thankfully the tickets to this show had been a holiday gift from my housemate, who also assisted me greatly with the logistics of my special day. Despite not having a M&G I was so excited (just look through old posts if you need proof.

The day before yesterday there was nearly a serious snare in my plans however. My housemate's mom is elderly and not doing well. As a result she was in no fit state to accompany me to the concert and it was a mad hunt to find an alternate method of transport that could accommodate both me and my wheelchair comfortably. In the end an old friend of my housemate was more than willing to go with so I could relax and finally get excited.

The morning of my concert arrived and I woke early to my phone buzzing with a twitter alert. The previous night I had sent the girls a tweet saying I would be at the show and asked for a retweet. Lil Lambe had been more than happy to oblige.

Sarah Gannon was excited too

Needless to say my excitement had been sparked and I could no longer sleep anymore. I contacted Kevin and James to share the news of the tweet and ended up talking with James until he finally urged me to go get ready. I showered quickly and watched tv while debating whether or not I thought I could handle food. I ended up eating a small meal and then my housemate's friend Becky arrived and we were off.

The ride to the venue was actually quite calm and gave me a good opportunity to center myself and mentally prepare for the fact that a day I had been anticipating for quite some time had finally arrived. Despite a brief stop for lunch we got to the venue with plenty of time to spare, found our seats and settled in. I was pleased to see that the handicap section was slightly elevated and I could see the entire stage clearly. I bought a show program from a nearby usher and settled in. The show was about to begin.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 05:53AM »

Act I

Awakening- Mairead's lone entrance in shadow here is breathtaking.  As she began the first few notes, occasionally twirling her bow, I knew I was under her spell. The drums pounded and my heart followed suit. The faster she waved that bow the faster and more hauntingly the drums beat. It felt as though Mairead was a magical creature, summoning friends to share in her joy and merriment. And then Susan Lisa and Chloe started singing. Such powerfully sweet voices. And when they sang "Far off in the distance, a fire comes to light" Lisa's hands seemed to glow as though that fire rested in her palms. Then all at once with a flick of her wrists the illusion was dispelled. Mairead truly was like a fairy here, flitting here and there, as though leading the girls to see new and exciting things. As the song went on the girls increasingly acknowledged our presence, and invited us on this journey they had planned. By the time the song came to a close we were more than ready to follow.

Dulaman- this was one of the songs I had most been looking forward to ever since the set list had been revamped. The Gaelic intro was sweet and lilting, as though Lisa was a siren determined to ensnare us all. There was a brief break between the intro's conclusion and the opening telltale chant of "Dulaman, Dulaman, Graelach...” by the male choir members. Some seemed to think the intro was a separate song and began to applaud but quickly settled down when they realized Lisa had only just begun.

Let me tell you, this song about the sea, seaweed, and a choice between lovers was certainly a reminder that the water can be forceful. Lisa's voice in the beginning was full of raw power that really blew you away. The veil she wore was a beautiful touch, adding to the number’s mystique and allure. As she settled on Ray as her chosen suitor the tone gentled out and became light and playful, as did her actions (playing the spoons on Ray's shoulder!) It was amazing to hear Ray sing as well. He truly is a multi-talented individual (but then again I hear that’s common among the Irish.) And near the end, Lisa SPINS! Much like Mairead, she was quite exuberant, and I was amazed that she didn't seem dizzy as she finished the song triumphantly. This song was everything I expected it to be and more.

Nocturne-Chloe introduced this one, giving us a warm welcome to the show and thanking us for our similarly warm reception towards them. She asked if we were having fun, and there was some response, but not much. Of course, Chloe never settles for mediocre and chastised us "You'll have to do better than that to convince me!" The second try earned us a pleased giggle and a brilliant Chloe smile. She recalled how much they have enjoyed performing for Springfield in the past, and let us know some of the songs that have been fan favorites in the past had been re-added to the set list. She encouraged us to participate actively, singing, dancing, and clapping whenever the mood struck. Or in her words “Be as rowdy as ya want, y’are among the Irish after all” Then she explained that Nocturne was one of her newer favorites, and she loved the aspect of inviting us to dream with her while the night surrounded us.

This number is really where I started to notice the wonderful support the girls give each other on stage. As most of you know Chloe and Mairead have this number together, and they showed so much respect for each other as performers, acknowledging each other when one had the spotlight for a moment, and never trying deliberately to upstage or jockey for attention.

I know some have criticized the amount of vibrato that can be heard in Chloe’s voice when she sings this number, but she kept it well under control this show, leading to a sweet, yet full-bodied rendition. Contrary to what I thought might happen, I was not writing this review in my head as the show went along, being far too mesmerized to remember much more than general impressions of my emotional reactions to each song. The feeling Nocturne embodied for me was safety. I wanted nothing more than to let my cares go and surrender to Chloe’s dreamscape. I was surprised when this number got quite the enthusiastic applause at its conclusion. I would have thought we would all be lulled to sleep.

Coast of Galacia- Believe it or not, this is actually my least favorite Mairead number in general, though I find it difficult to fully dislike it, since I have quite the soft spot for our fairy fiddler. She flitted around the stage, lunging and leaping with such vigor we could hear her shoes hit the dance mats that had been laid out on stage occasionally. It felt almost as though she was daring us to keep up, and her unbridled joy at being able to play a song that is so clearly close to her heart was just infectious. I counted nine or so spins here, and as I suspected would happen, this number brought down the house. I noticed her bow was shredded too (no surprise) By the way? Shredded bow #1

The New Ground- One of the things I find very enjoyable about the current set list is that each act has an instrumental solo (besides the fiddle solos that belong to Mairead of course). The New Ground, performed by Tommy, is the solo for Act I. Felt a little odd to me not to see it coupled with Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears, but it was done beautifully and didn't seem to end abruptly as I had feared it would, flowing nicely into…

Orinoco Flow- While not a number I would mark as one of my standout favorites before this show, after seeing it done live I desperately need to rescind my hasty assessment. The number opened with the sounds of rolling thunder, the lights blue to suggest a storm at sea. Up came Susan, Chloe and Lisa, capes wrapped around their shoulders. As the choir really has a major place in this song, here would be a good time to remark on this aspect of the show. While at first I like many worried that the four person choir would not be enough to support the powerful voices of the girls, boy was I proven wrong. There are only four choir members because that’s all that is needed! Such exquisite harmonies, sharp and clear, that did not overpower Lisa, Chloe and Susan in any way. By the way, what an entrance! Lisa descended almost fully, then jumped off, twirling to the left (piano) side. Chloe does the same thing, except she only came down midway, and she went to the right side. Susan came down center and the choir lifted her down the rest of the way (she kicked prettily in mid lift, her dance training shows).  The choreography here is also worthy of note, particularly the girls’ come hither gestures, which combined with their capes and blue gowns to suggest the mythical sirens. And sirens they were.The arrangement had a fuller, richer quality to it that was haunting and entrancing, rather than the high, echoing quality of the original. It was easier to hear amongst the fantastic drumming. This number, likely largely due to popularity, garnered huge audience response.

Caledonia- As soon as I heard Susan introduce this one, I felt my apprehension at seeing a song previously considered to be a Lisa Kelly standby done by someone so new to the group, dissipate. This may have been because Susan referred fondly to singing this song often when she was a child, so I knew her first association with the piece was not with Celtic Woman, so this was by no means a “hostile takeover”. Susan has really blossomed and for the first time seems comfortable being a part of Celtic Woman. She gave the song her own unique treatment, and her acting skills came into play a bit too. For the lines “I’m sitting here, before the fire, an empty room, the forest choir, the flames have cooled, don’t get any higher, they’ve withered now they’ve gone” she sat on the edge of the onstage steps, facing sideways, giving the impression of gazing off into space and musing to herself. The following stanza saw her standing with determination and purpose, ready to journey back to the land she loved so well. The final chorus was quiet and light rather than heavy with longing like the previous ones, and suggested a sweet contentment. In other words, two thumbs up.

Teir Abhaile Riu- I was so captivated by Caledonia that I nearly missed Lisa appearing right beside me to begin TAR, though her clear sweet voice carried well and her flirting was well received. When Chloe caught on to Lisa’s scheming and the argument began, there was almost immediate laughter, and I was stunned to find Lisa turning to me and catching my eye with an aggrieved pout before gesturing to Chloe as though asking me to stick up for her. Chloe noticed and shook her head at me. On and on it continued, until Susan called the girls to the stage to intervene, putting a stop to it as a mother might, Once the girls agreed to take turns (by the looks of things) telling Susan their respective viewpoints, things got underway again and the song began properly. This was breathtaking, and virtually unchanged from what is seen on the Believe DVD with the exception of the absence of the Celtic Tornado, possibly thanks to the shallow depth of the stage. Even without that there was enough activity and bustle to make this a crowd favorite.

Granuaile’s Dance- By far my favorite song of the day, this has been a song I have been longing to hear done live. Mairead knew she had the audience from the very first note and so relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed herself, flitting here and there like a hummingbird might, her impish looks daring us to follow along. As always she worked hard to engage with the other musicians, who enjoyed her energy and gave it right back. Halfway through when the tempo changed, I found myself face to face with an embodiment of the fierce pirate queen Granuaile, someone who looked beautiful but knew exactly the depth of the sway she held or could hold over others. 12 spins here, and so much joy I found myself laughing aloud in pleasure. Shredded bow #2

Danny Boy- Lisa introduced this by saying it, like most Irish music had themes of love, loss, land, hope and sorrow. She explained it tells the story of someone who is leaving home and his loved ones for a long time and hopes to return to them. She then revealed it as Danny Boy to a murmur of excitement from the audience. This is the song that cemented Susan as a wonderful addition to the group in my mind, as her voice seems to melt into Chloe’s and Lisa’s but can still be distinctly heard if you listen. The importance of the song to the girls was clear as wistful expressions graced their faces and they reached out to the audience for silent support. Altogether utterly lovely.

Mo Ghile Mear- This song starts with no warning but the drums, and then the choir’s forceful entrance. Boy are they a powerhouse. The Irish and English are nice contrasts between chorus and verse, and I remember thinking when I heard this done on A New Journey that five voices, a choir, two drummers, and Mairead was a bit like overkill/ Three voices plus the other bells and whistles is perfect! And Mairead is back to conducting the drum solo part with her bow!

Intermission found me gasping for breath and completely entranced. I gathered myself by greeting a fellow forum member, and heading out to the lobby to buy a t-shirt, the second of my well-deserved souvenirs. Then it was back to our seats so the show could resume.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:32AM by littlecubspirit » Logged

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57AM »

Act II

Amazing Grace- Anthony appeared right beside me to begin his slow procession to the stage for Amazing Grace and I was impressed by the skill with which he played his instrument. In the wake of all the tragedy that has occurred this week this song held particularly deep meaning just as Danny Boy had earlier. I typically do not enjoy this song, simply because I think it has been overdone and there aren’t many ways to put a unique spin on it anymore. But this afternoon I found myself singing along, losing myself in the beautiful harmonies and surrendering control for a moment to allow tears I had been holding back to fall.

She Moved Through The Fair- Chloe begins this one, and given her age and current romantic involvement it suits her well. If I recall correctly Susan eventually joins her. The choreography of moving through a crowd (not much of a crowd as its the choir) was fun as the choir members stayed largely inanimate until touched by a soloist. There were some really sweet moments between Chloe and Dermot here.

Broadway Tribute- Les Miserables was the first play I ever saw performed professionally in a real theatre. Therefore for reasons that should require no additional explanation, its music is near and dear to my heart. I was a bit unsure how “I Dreamed a Dream” would work as a duet but I found myself heartbroken by song’s end, wanting to gather Susan and Chloe into my arms and do something to make their “pain” better. Circle of Life was the perfect antidote and we got to see a delightfully perky Lisa dance her heart out. Though Chloe and Susan sang as well, they left the spotlight largely to Lisa and she was well deserving of it.

Bridge Over Troubled Water- This song was introduced beautifully by Lisa, who said she enjoyed this song because of its American heritage, given the strong ties she has developed with America as a result of being part of Celtic Woman. I LOVE that this song now belongs to Lisa alone, as it matches with her voice well. The slower tempo is also nice, leaving Lisa to caress beautifully long musical phrases with that exquisite voice. As expected this was another song that was popular with the audience. For those that know why Celtic Woman is so near and dear to my heart, it will be no surprise that this song had me reduced to tears again, as the very hope that CW embodies for me was brought to light through this song.

Nil S’en La- I enjoy the extended intro tremendously, which includes our second non-fiddle instrumental solo (Ray on Bodhran) who is eventually joined by Andy, Mairead and Craig as things dissolve into a duel of sorts. While this spectacle distracts us the choir comes down into the audience, dancing and laughing. Craig especially stood out here, as his dancing is ...wow.   The girls arrive on stage, in Nil S'en La dresses feigning anger at the choir for being found in the audience with us. The scolding are creative and ever so much fun. Lisa swatting Dermot on the bottom with his hat that she snatched off his head as he tried to sneak by (also getting a dirty look from Chloe) was a standout, and Mairead joined in with that infamous bow of hers. Nil S’en La began with clapping encouraged the whole time, Mairead taking to scolding us if we stopped for too long. The energy was amazing and I came away from this again laughing for joy.

Shenandoah- This song, rather than Mna Na Eirann is Mairead's final solo. It's been a favorite of mine since A New Journey especially when you recall the serenity it brings over Mairead. She tends to really lose herself in this one and certainly did so at my concert. The excitement on her face when she hit that final high note of Shenandoah was just as it was on the ANJ DVD and her satisfied nod brought gentle laughter. Holy cow, it's quite a change in pace from this to her duel with Craig which is what follows. The duel aspect is higighted as the lights alternate illuminating them as they try to one up each other. Mairead had two opportunities to spin here, once halfway through about six times and then at the end as expected. She spun so fast here I could not keep count but I would guess between ten and fourteen. When the duel finished the air was down right electric and Mairead was jumping up and down before taking a huge bow with Craig.

Ave Maria- The choir walking onstage with candles and Chloe using a stand mic on a primarily dark stage set the tone for this one nicely. I love this version as compared with the rendition from the original concert. It feels more mature and Chloe uses the power in her voice to its full potential here. A small child started crying at the natural break between verses, causing Chloe to smile gently, and the crying ceased as soon as she began again. Magic, I tell you. This was one song that got a standing O from most of the house and Chloe was shocked and humbled.

The Voice- As others have speculated, it seems as though Susan slows the tempo just enough to be noticed on this number, as compared with its original version sung by Lisa Kelly. Susan’s rendition had a pleasant youthful exuberance to it, combined with almost an ageless wisdom as though the being speaking has lived many lives. This song, and now especially Susan’s version, remains one of my favorites. (Edit: Something else occurred to me last night as I continued telling forum friends enthusiastically about the show I had seen. It is one hundred percent RIGHT for Susan to have The Voice as a solo. Susan is Lisa K's successor. This was a song that Lisa K was famous for. By Susan taking over this song, it almost felt like Lisa was with the girls in spirit. Though they have moved past her departure, as we say so often here, once a Celtic cutie always a Celtic cutie. Susan performing it so capably means that CW is moving into a new era so to speak, and what a tribute to one of the group's founding members)

You Raise Me Up- Mairead introduced this one, commenting on how certain songs have become such a part of Celtic Woman, and that it was a defining moment the first time they performed it. When she revealed the title it got huge reaction. This was just amazing, with Susan taking over Lisa’s former solos, her full rich voice absolutely at its best. This got such a reaction that the girls did not even leave the stage, not wanting to turn their backs on the standing O they were receiving, Finally Chloe calmed us enough to be heard and said “I take it this means you want to hear one more?” A resounding yes led us into…

The Parting Glass- This song was another introduced by Lisa, who quoted the old Irish Blessing “May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your backs. May God bless you, and may Joy be to you all” This song sounded almost identical to the Believe DVD, and the perfection of it had me bawling as it finished, beginning when the pipes were added. The girls indicated that they wanted us to sing along, and I was stunned to find that most of the audience did, as would be traditional in pubs where this song ends the evening. Everyone on stage and off seemed particularly moved by this shared tune.

Chloe encouraged us to sing, dance, and clap along for the Ceili Finale which we did with abandon, leading to repeated bows, thank yous, and blown kisses. It lasted longer than any I know of from the DVDs or occasional bootlegs I stumble into on YouTube.

The show itself was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. It moves at a great pace; slow enough for you to savor your favorite moments but constantly moving forward before you can get bored, enticing you with the promise of even better spectacle and song around the corner. I went back and read reviews from past tours and it seems as though this show had the most audience interaction, something that has surely added to Celtic Woman's appeal. The gowns were beautiful the sound and lights extraordinary. Each of the girls was fully present in the moment, as were the choir and musicians. They were and are committed to putting on a great show. Even after it ended I felt such a lovely sense of peace and Joy that it never occurred to me to be sad that it was over. I don't think I ever will be, not with the stunning amount of memories I've got and how precious they are.

The girls:

Chloe- You really have matured beautifully over the years, and so has your voice. High notes that used to sound thin and flute-like now sound like sweet clear peals of bells. Lower notes have gained more strength and body.  You look incredible and your vibrant personality shone through in every number.

Mairead- There is no one like you in the whole world, of this I am certain. You may be the tiniest of the girls, but you make up for that with infectious, boundless energy that leaves me in awe, and a wicked sense of humor. Not to mention your incomparable fiddling. Fairy fiddler indeed...such a mischevious Pixie.

Lisa- You captured my attention from moment one, with your confidence in yourself and your COMMITMENT to every choice you make onstage. Your voice is so comforting and sweet, like warm thick honey. You were a joy to see and hear. Please say a solo CD is in your future.

Susan- One phrase comes to mind. Triple threat. Your blend of acting singing and dancing abilities is flawless. Welcome, by the way, to Celtic Woman. You've made yourself comfortable within the group and it shows. I hope you're with us for a long time to come, as I know I was spellbound in your presence!

I also thought I should mention that seeing the show was such a magical experience (must have been all that pixie dust from Mairead) that I will be pledging to PBS for a DVD of the new show as soon as it becomes available so that I can relive this incredible day over and over again. My heart is full of joy and laughter and it will be for a long time to come.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:07AM by littlecubspirit » Logged

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:04AM »

A Miracle

Though I had no meet and greet for this concert, I had decided that if possible it might be fun to head to the stage door post show. Since there were doors that led from the theatre to a flight of steps which ended on a sidewalk just beside the stage door, the navigation wasn’t overly difficult and we didn’t have to fight a crowd since I insisted we leave as soon as the girls left the stage for the last time. If you all are wondering how I managed the stairs, I got out of my wheelchair and walked down. A few stairs is a small price to pay for such a great experience as this would turn out to be.

As it was now early evening it had cooled off a bit outside and I shivered as I waited for others to join me, and for any sign of the girls. Naomi walked past, presumably to help Chloe and gave me a wink and a smile…so far so good. Ewan and Dermot emerged, so did Sarah and Edel and the various musicians including Ray, Andy, Tommy, Anthony and Irish dancer Craig.

Shortly after, Susan was first of the girls to emerge and eagerly said hi from a distance before going to put her things down in the bus, followed closely by Lisa who did the same. We asked Lisa if the girls would be willing to do autographs and photos and received an enthusiastic “sure!” in response before she disappeared into the bus.

Imagine our disappointment when an assistant for the girls came out a few minutes later and told us the girls could not keep their promise due to the fact that there had been a paid meet and greet earlier. We decided to stick around to see if we could at least wave to Mairead and Chloe. Boy am I glad I did. Mairead came out and asked us if we’d enjoyed ourselves to which we gave a resounding “YES!” She too disappeared to put stuff away.

About five minutes later Lisa and Susan come rushing down the stairs of the bus to greet us, happy to sign things, do photos, talk, hug us…etc. They acknowledge that although they might get in trouble for doing so, seeing us and spending time with us is worth it.

Lisa comes running toward me, arms outstretched for a hug. “Hello, beautiful girl!” she says as she gathers me into her arms. She holds me for a moment and tells me she loves me before breaking away and asking if she could sign something for me, so I hand over my program. She writes quite the message and hands it back, asking my name. I tell her, and she immediately recalls that she tweeted me the night before, and when I remind her of the letter James passed on to the girls for me, I find myself in her arms again. “Oh we loved it, it was so thoughtful and lovely, and it’s so wonderful to put a face with your name” She asks my permission to tweet me later and I nod, surprised. Somehow I am brave enough to tell her that I had taken up bodhran, inspired by Celtic Woman, especially the song Dulaman. She looks stunned, and quite pleased. I pull the tipper I’ve brought with from my purse and show her how it was made to allow me to hold it, and she says with a smile “well then, we’ll just have to get that signed for you…would you like the boys to sign it? I can see to it.” I manage to squeak a yes and a thank you and she takes it inside quickly, before coming out and telling me not to leave without it and giving me my third hug.

Susan approaches next, and I am pulled close in a hug. She signs my program as I introduce myself and she too remembers the letter, says she loved it and loves me. We talk for a moment as she makes sure I enjoyed my show then leaves me with another hug.

Mairead is next, approaching with a cheerful “Hi!” and wrapping me in a hug. She makes sure I loved the show, and I introduce myself. She also remembers receiving and reading my letter. Her recognition of me is the moment captured in the photo below, as she says "I thought your letter said you wouldn't be able to meet us! I hoped I'd get to see you!" A giant hug is forthcoming and her arms tighten even more around me as she whispers discreetly “Take care of yourself please…we love you.” A nearby fan comments on how tiny Mairead is and I take great pleasure in revealing that I am even smaller than Mairead. She laughs and says “Really?” and I nod, making her smile. I then pre-empt her next question, telling her my favorite song is “Granuaile’s Dance” making sure I pronounce the Irish correctly. She gives me an impish look which melts my heart and asks cheekily. “Well now, are you just sayin’ that because I’m the one who asked, or was that an honest answer?” I grin back and say it was one of the first videos of Celtic Woman I found and it sent me scurrying to Google for more. It seems to satisfy her and she gives me another huge hug and moves on.

Last but not least, Chloe emerges heading for us with hellos and singling me out first with a hug and a “Hello, beautiful girl!” I go through the introduction again and she acknowledges how much she enjoyed reading my letter before, like Mairead, squeezing my hand and making me promise to take care of myself, and saying she loves me. She too signs my program as I tell her I am very close with Sarah, and she smiles when I thank her for giving Sarah such a wonderful gift (second M&G), then tells me to let her know she is looking forward to seeing her Tuesday. Chloe asks if the girls will see me again and I assure her they will.
Another hug and the girls have to leave. Security brings my tipper back with Andy’s signature, a rare treat. We shout goodbyes as the girls board the bus, and Lisa catches my eye and blows me a kiss as the door closes.

I was completely stunned at how generous the girls were. Unlike a PBS meet and greet there was no "one picture" or "no autograph" rule. And certainly no "no hug" rule.(hug count: Lil Lambe : 3, Mairead: 3 Susan: 2 Chloe: 2) The girls were advised not to do this but did it anyway, because they knew it would make us happy. Biggest understatement ever. They genuinely listened to all that we wished to share with them and in my case made certain I knew that they knew exactly who I was and that I was special and important to them. There was never a feel of urgency and we were invited to share our thoughts on the show while hearing from them what they love best about what they do. Each one of us got plenty of time to talk to the girls and build a relationship with them.

Strangely enough the girls all put me instantly at ease and I felt no anxiety. I was open, friendly, and even able to play around a bit with Mairead. Had this been any other group of people I would have panicked and made a scene but I felt so loved and safe with them. They saw me and my unique personality, not my chair. I never felt judged or like they were treating me as anything less than just Misha. Any love I received had nothing to do with special treatment because of my chair, it had to do with who I was as a person. And that in and of itself was a beautiful gift.

I cannot tell you how much this impromptu meet and greet meant. It was more than I could have hoped for, especially considering the girls knew me, and went out of their way to say they loved me and offer me all the silent support and kindness they could in the time they had. I was even told by each of them “We were hoping we would get to meet you” and I explained I had sent the letter because I hadn’t known for sure if they would or not. They were so gracious, kind, and supportive. They gave me more than they will ever realize. Those hugs are indelible, the words spoken even more so. I have already thanked them individually via Twitter and gotten the promised tweet from Lisa. It is a memory I will cherish forever.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:32AM by littlecubspirit » Logged

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 06:19AM »

FENTESTIC! I am sooooo HAPPY for you!

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 06:30AM »

magical !

a special evening indeed.   Thank you for sharing it with us.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 11:03AM »

I'm so happy for you Misha! Definitely magical! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 11:31AM »

I am glad you had such a great time, Misha. Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 04:47PM »

Congrats Misha.  Must have been truly amazing to have met the girls.

I'm jealous.  Wink
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 04:57PM »

Congrats Misha.  Must have been truly amazing to have met the girls.

I'm jealous.  Wink

It was amazing....even the words I typed seem inadequate... this was like a meet and greet on caffeine....it was awesome. The girls talked with me for about 15 minutes or so.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 06:22PM »

You  already  know  I am  very happy for you.  Excellent review.... BTW   Grin

Scott

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 08:10PM »

That's excellent, Misha! Smiley  I really enjoy reading first-time reviews. Smiley

Bagboy

Gee, I wish I was Irish!

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 09:43PM »

I had the distinct pleasure of attending and witnessing the same concert as Misha's first Celtic Woman  experience and her description and review of the show and the "stage door" meet-and-greet is beautifully and accurately expressed.  I had met Misha at intermission, as I knew where she would be from her post in the Springfield, Illinois, Believe Fan Gatherings 2013 topic.  I had "Tweeted" her that I would look her up on Twitter, but I don't know if she had read my "Tweet".  I had told her that I was there with my daughter and granddaughter and that we were planning on trying to catch the performers as they came out the stage door after the show, and was happy to see Misha out there when we came out after the show.

Misha, you have captured the very essence of this magical Sunday afternoon concert experience far better than I could have expressed it, and I will reread your review from time to time to refresh my memory of my best Celtic Woman concert that I have had yet (this was my 14th show)!  You have a gift with words, young lady! I hope you attend many more shows and  I will look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Anyone who loves Celtic Woman and Meat Loaf can't be all bad!
Banner by MLB! Thank you Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 09:48PM »

Thank you! I've always loved to write, and this review took me 7 hours to put together... The girls were so kind and attentive to us! It was wonderful to meet you. Do you think I have made any errors or exaggerations?

Bagboy

Gee, I wish I was Irish!

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17PM »

Thank you! I've always loved to write, and this review took me 7 hours to put together... The girls were so kind and attentive to us! It was wonderful to meet you. Do you think I have made any errors or exaggerations?

No worries there.  You did an excellent job and this is an outstanding "first" review! Smiley Cheesy Grin

Anyone who loves Celtic Woman and Meat Loaf can't be all bad!
Banner by MLB! Thank you Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: