Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just what I needed  (Read 2268 times)
CelticCate

« on: May 06, 2013, 08:20AM »

I went to the Savannah show, and after a hard week it was just what the "doctor" ordered!
I was looking forward to the concert from the beginning of last week, but when I went to work on Wednesday, I found out that my boss's daughter, who is like a kid sister to me, had been put into a rehab facility (she has horrible depression, and also has cut her self, which is what caused her to be put in the facility.)  so needless to say that put a damper on my week.  But come Friday I made the trip down to Savannah where I hung out with one of my best friends from college, Lindsey.  we hung out on River Street until it was time for the show.
Once we got to the show we had an usher try and rip our tickets out of our hands when we politely told her that we knew where our seats were, but that didn't dampen our moods for the exciting show we knew we were going to see.  once we finally got our tickets back, we got to our seats and eagerly awaited the show.
Awakening as always so much fun!  Caledonia Loved the new Gaelic beginning, was so excited to finally see this one live, and it didn't disappoint! Danny Boy excellent as always.  Dulaman I missed hearing them talk about the two fine specimen of seaweed, but otherwise absolutely perfect, and we got to hear Ray sing! Granuaile's Dance  once again so happy to finally get to see this one live, and it too didn't didn't disappoint, I just wish Mairead had had a bigger stage!  Nocturne this really shows how much Chloe's voice has matured over the years.  Orinoco Flow love the thunder and effects, and always a crowd pleaser.  Coast of Galicia excellent as always.  The New Ground amazing!  Teir Abhaile Riuthis is always fun to see live, with the dueling la la las, followed by Susan telling Chloe and Lisa to be silent, which always gets a laugh from the crowd.  I had told my friend about the Irish step dancer, and how high some of his leg kicks and jumps were but she thought I was exaggerating, until this song!  Mo Ghile Mear always bittersweet to hear this song, because I know that the show is either half over or coming to an end, but still so much fun, especially with the step dancer added into it! 
Then came intermission which is always fun because you get to meet new people and tell them about the forum :-)  and then it was time for the second act
Amazing Gracewhat can be said about this that hasn't been said before, simply amazing!  Ave Maria hello Church of Chloe Agnew, where do I sign up to become a member??  also the closest to opera i have ever been and just as incredible as I think opera would be!  Bridge Over Troubles Water I really like that they made this one a solo, and turned it into more of a ballad.  I think it is much more effective this way, and really wish they had recorded it like this instead of as a duet.  Broadway Tribute always one of my favorites!  Just so incredibly well done!  Nil Sen La  this one just totally made my night!  I had given Lindsey the aisle seat, because she is a little on the short side, and knowing that somethings would be happening in the aisles.  during this song we didn't know that the members of the Aontas Choir would be coming down our side of the aisle, so imagine our surprise when down comes Craig doing his Irish step dancing, and almost nails her three separate times!  Then come the two women, who brushed Lindsey with their skirts, and finally came Dermy who turned to us and said "Hey Ladies!"  Grin Grin then they were ushered on stage by Chloe, Lisa, and Susan, who gave them very disapproving looks and Dermy even got a fake kick to the bum from Chloe! The Song then proceeded normally and was fun as always!  Shenandoah yest another I was super glad to finally get to see live, and my only complaint is that Mairead didn't have a bigger stage!   She Moved Through The Fair this was the only song I wasn't impressed with.  I don't' think it worked with Chloe's voice or the notes they were having her sing.  Lisa's parts were absolutely incredible, and I would have loved to hear her do the entire song a a solo.  The Voice  my new favorite Susan song, she really blew me away with this one!  You Raise Me Up this song has always been close to my heart, and also symbolized the relationship between my boss and her daughter, and as soon as they started singing it, I started bawling.  As always just an incredible job and such a wonderful song!  oh and we got to hear Mairead speak!!  The Parting Glass I knew the show was coming to an end with this song, so it too was bittersweet, but what a way to go out!!  Finale  each person/performer got their own solo which is always a treat, and at the very end everyone got a standing ovation!!
As we waited to see if we could catch a glimpse of everyone getting on the buses we finally got a message from Anthony about getting our cds signed, and unfortunately we just missed him.  but to make up for it we got see everyone get on the buses, and got a hug from Mairead!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin 
The following morning I also found out that my boss's daughter was coming home that evening  which just made for an even better end to the week!

IMG_1373.JPG
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 06:02PM »

Nice review  Cate....   Smiley  I enjoyed your descriptions of the audience interactions.   After having been at my concert a few weeks ago, I have to agree with everything you said -even with your perspective on "She Moved Thro...."   I guess I've  been permanently affected by Meav's original performance of that. 

CelticCate

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:11PM »

Raving Meaviac, I have to agree about She Moved Through the Fair being influenced by Meav's original performance. But overall super fun!

IMG_1373.JPG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: