Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Am A Lisa Kelly Fan  (Read 4344 times)
Texan

« on: May 22, 2013, 08:57PM »

An old post! This was posted on Jan 1, 2006 in the CelticWoman Forum at that time. At this point I had only seen Celtic Woman on PBS and on DVD (played many times). I had also ordered Lisa Kelly’s CD from Ireland. Celtic Woman had a ‘short ‘ tour in 2005. They didn’t come to Houston but they did appear in Dallas, Summer or early Fall , can’t remember. But I couldn’t make it.

In any case, with so many new fans on the forum I thought you may appreciate reading this. There were so many wonderful posts by so many fans over time. I wish they could be recovered. Ha! Ha!, the posts! Well, perhaps a few fans too. 

I do hope you enjoy reading this. And I do hope also that if you haven’t done so before, express your feelings about them. My feelings have not changed over the years. They are the very best – every darn one of them.

Why I Am A Lisa Kelly Fan

How does one say “Thank You” to a group of women whose performance is so refreshing, so beautifully done? I’ve now become one of those people you call a fan.  Yes, one of those whose life can easily center on someone or group of people that give you some meaning in this life. It just happens I suppose. So here I find myself compelled to express my thoughts and feelings. So, I’ll just try and let the words come out from the heart.

It’s not easy being a fan. I mean it doesn’t seem fair. They come here, steal your heart, and then disappear to some other magical place. They call it Ireland. An Isle that I’m beginning to believe is indeed mystical and magical. You wonder what is happening in their lives. Are they ok? You want to wish them well. You hope they get to relax so they will have energy to make another tour. Will they return? You begin counting the days in anticipation.  You try to find other fans so you can share your admiration for them and seek some solace. It is a tough business being a fan. Not for the weak of heart. I’ve been a Boston Red Sox fan all my life. No need to go into that except to say the experience has helped prepare me to be a Celtic Woman fan. It gives me hope for the future.

They take your breath away! Imagine you are the soundboard of a grand piano. As the hammers are struck and the strings vibrate with magical energy you resonate with perfect harmony. The sound gets into every fiber of your being and you vibrate with mystical emotions that color the sound.  You will not understand what happened and you will not be the same afterwards. You will experience emotions that will leave you wanting more.

These women will do that to you. Their voices and violin playing are the hammers and strings that put you on your journey.  If one could ever make the case where the whole is greater than the parts, Celtic Woman proves it. Individually they are star performers. Put them together in a show and its like the heavens opened and sprinkled star dust upon them and we now have a new constellation.

I’ve been reawakened to the strength and sensitivity of the female voice and in awe of a beautiful and expert fiddle player who displays her love of music in a way that will leave you spellbound.

There’s something really special here. It’s more than just beautiful voices and music. There’s a projection of innocence, sincerity, strength, warmth, energy. There is beauty on display. The kind of beauty that springs from the heart when an artist strives to release their inner feelings to their voice, to their instrument. You can see it in their eyes. They love what they do.

I’m become fond of these girls as I know so many have. They deserve to be successful. Their years of hard work, training, and devotion to musical expression have paid off.
Yes, they love what they do but we are the beneficiaries. There is nothing finer than to be able to share in a form of human expression with music, song. It is a part of our nature. These women can take you places you haven’t been before. I’m not sure they even realize the gifts of their talents. But the fans know! Deep inside of us the connection has been made. They are now a part of us. Just one of the benefits of being a fan.

Ok, I’m playing the DVD again. Fan tip: DVD’s and CD’s are really a survival kit. Use liberally.

Thank you girls for the memorable experience you have given us. Rest, recharge, and please keep coming back.

Thanks to Sharon, David, the chorus, orchestra, Celtic Collections, everyone involved with Celtic Woman. You are really special.

LISA

I know this was supposed to be a posting about why I’m a Lisa fan. After all, it was her voice that initiated me to Celtic Woman. As a fan you try to find a way to show your appreciation. There were so many things I wanted to say. I’ve been sitting here listening to her CD… Thirty minutes later now and no progress in my typing.

Strange when you really know so little about a person yet feel you understand them well.
In some ways she reminds me of the girl next door that we are now discovering. She was always there, being herself. She never changed. She changed us.

I could mention some of her qualities that all her fans understand.  A voice….if a heart could sing that’s Lisa. A smile… Wow! Reflects such inner beauty. I’ll never take a broad smile for granted again. That’s one lesson I’ve learned from Lisa.

Did I mention that being a fan is not for the weak of heart?

I’ve come to the conclusion that words are inadequate to describe such a beautiful person.

As I said I really don’t know much about Lisa, really. I know enough. Everything I read about her is so positive. We should thank her Mom and Dad, her sisters, husband Scott and her children for the woman she is today. So down to earth. You’ll enjoy reading her Thank You notes with her LISA CD. She knows her priorities in life. Her CD is terrific by the way. She sings so well it is hard to pick a favorite. I have to play the entire CD every time I listen. It’s addictive. The more I hear her the more I appreciate her voice. 

I will always love her singing, but I like Lisa more for just who she is. The girl next door who remembers her roots and values. A mother, daughter, sister, wife – all the roles that she holds so dear. An expert at her craft. A big heart. Someone who can smile at you that makes you feel good for the entire day. There’s just a wholesome warm quality about her.  It’s reflected in her voice.

I can only imagine how proud your Mum and Dad must be of you. I’m certain, if I can take the liberty, all of us that have seen you feel proud of you also. You’ve touched us all. With sincerity, the world is a better place with you in it. I hope you never stop singing. But even if you did, it is a good feeling just knowing you’re here. You need to know that.

That’s why I’m a fan.

God bless you Lisa. Thanks for ….being you.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15PM »

I've seen all eleven on video, and four live.  They're all lovely (and Meav is just forget-to-breathe-and-drop-dead gorgeous) and they all sound heavenly, but I keep coming back to Lisa Kelly.  When all is said and done, she's still the only one who makes me want to just curl up and purr.  I hope there's another solo CD in the works.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Texan

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:31AM »

I've seen all eleven on video, and four live.  They're all lovely (and Meav is just forget-to-breathe-and-drop-dead gorgeous) and they all sound heavenly, but I keep coming back to Lisa Kelly.  When all is said and done, she's still the only one who makes me want to just curl up and purr.  I hope there's another solo CD in the works.

Wyle,

Well, we can only hope that perhaps Lisa will someday record another CD. But I'm ok if shs does not.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:56AM »

Ahhhhh..... Sweet Lisa K. ....so many reasons to love her and not one thing not to.   Kiss 

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 11:59AM »

Thanks, Lester.  You said it better than I could ever hope to.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:44PM »

I think the original post sums up very well why so many people love Lisa.

She's loved not for a superficial reason such as beauty, although she is gorgeous, but because she is just a wonderful person.  And while I've never met her, I have no reason to doubt that she truly is as amazing as she seems.

As I said once before, Scott found a rare and wonderful gem in Lisa.  Why can't I ever meet someone like that?
Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:10PM »

Lester, your old post reflects exactly what was (and is, always will be) special about Lisa... that everything about her is so positive.  I have met her several times, and she always was the most genuinely friendly person you can imagine.  She truly loves meeting people.  Thanks for bringing this old post back up. Smiley

Texan

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 07:56PM »

Scott, Wylie, Aggieguy, Hubert, Raving Meaviac,

You're all so right. She is special. She posted a photo in twitter, I think yesterday (actually it has a link to her facebook for LK Voice Academy).
A great picture of her with two very young students. She's enjoying what she is doing.

Thanks for the comments.

Lester

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: