Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It took me the better part of 3 years...  (Read 11274 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« on: May 29, 2013, 09:31PM »

But I finally nailed down exactly which song I had heard in the Songs from the Heart TV commercial that made me fall in love with our girls so many years ago. back in 2010.
I wish I would've figured it our sooner. Sad

It was their version "Amazing Grace" Shocked... A song I'm sure most of us have heard countless times. Cry Cry

But It's nice to know exactly where a person gets started when they go on one of these magical musical journeys, eh? Grin

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:07PM »

Good for you  Jerad !   Cool 

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:16AM »

I'm glad that you found it.  Whatever song you hear first is special because all of their songs are special.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:30AM »

I couldn't agree more. Although I'm not 100% certain which song I heard first, I am sure that the first one I fell in love with was "May It Be" - the first time I saw Lisa. I enjoyed the Helix show up until then, but that was the first time my jaw dropped and my eyes glazed over.

Then, when I found "The Voice" and "Dulaman" on YouTube, love turned into an addiction. Six years later, I've still got it bad. Please help.  Cheesy

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 04:24PM »

For me, it was a link to the "Carol of the Bells" on YouTube.  I still can't remember exactly which performance, but I remember thinking these were really extraordinary voices.  Then, suddenly, there was this little blonde violinist dancing with her instrument.  Even then, I wasn't really hooked, because I had somewhere to go.  The next day, I saw "Believe" in the local PBS schedule and set my DVR.  Watching that recording was what got me.  I must have watched it 100 times in the next two months, probably saving myself from a serious winter depression.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 07:24AM »

I can relate to that, Wyle_E - CW DVDs have gotten me through many a brutal Western NY winter. My little ray of sunshine in the darkness.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 07:35AM »

I found "o come all ye faithful" on line. It was my lucky day when I decided that I wanted to hear this particular song

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 04:33PM »

That's great! I remember the first song that made me fall into a tailspin of obsession...Dulaman!

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
sammiesoprano22

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 05:36PM »

Our lassies have gotten me through quite a bit in my life; I even did a recital of all their music this past Janurary. CW can get me out of any funk I might be in <3

<3 Celtic Woman CWazy fan forever <3
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 10:00PM »

Ah yes! I remember this moment well... My dad had gotten their Christmas cd (ACC as this was back in 2007) and I didn't really care much. I like all Christmas music so it was no big deal. Then I was flipping through the guide one afternoon when I was home from school sick and I recognized the name Celtic Woman: The Greatest Journey. So I turned it on just in time to hear my favorite Celtic Woman, Chloe, singing her line in Mo Ghile Mear: "Set your heart on this far shore and sing your dream to me once more." I thought she and her beautiful voice were stunning. And I was hooked. Mo Ghile Mear is still my favorite song and the Slane version is the video I YouTube the most.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 10:08AM »

I couldn't agree more. Although I'm not 100% certain which song I heard first, I am sure that the first one I fell in love with was "May It Be" - the first time I saw Lisa. I enjoyed the Helix show up until then, but that was the first time my jaw dropped and my eyes glazed over.

Then, when I found "The Voice" and "Dulaman" on YouTube, love turned into an addiction. Six years later, I've still got it bad. Please help.  Cheesy

Me too! "May It Be" was actually the first CW song I ever heard.  Cheesy

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 10:11AM »

Smiley What's funny from the beginning, when Celtic Woman was at it's historical moment throughout PBS, my mom would tell me to look at the tv
woman with beautiful voices. I can't imagine now, how then I would be on the computer, and when she let me know about it while it was on, I turned for a slight minute, see it them standing on the stage, together, one by one, but that didn't spark me at all, I return to my normal doing.
Then I guess, perhaps what catches me first would be seeing the album all over Borders and that in the music section I could sample the albums with headphones, so song listening first instead of DVD could make me favor it more. So I was again interested at the original cd, I give it a go. Once after
I later decided to get the original DVD for Christmas. The most significant that got to me, was the sequel A New Journey on PBS at start with SDS in white dresses, Lisa Kelly by the piano starting her line was the very first time I was then full Glued and from there the journey was non-stop, Wow they are getting more and more popular! Oh and Don't get me started with ACC DVD, I haven't found it on PBS at all, and the exhilaration to watch that DVD, Buy it immediately, knowing from the cover the girls would perform in wearing easter colored dresses, now that's YAHHH of excitement. My favorite Border's purchase to say other than SFTH. I guess Danny Boy with Meav was perhaps the 1st that got me to like the whole CW setup, Chloe's first solo I knew from the Snowman and wondered, was she the original singer to that? Orinoco Flow with the girls just standing was super powerful back then, now the most powerful is them moving with the stage, or the choreography in Emerald with the sailing. I think my favorite would of been Orinoco Flow if the Emerald version happened to of been the first or the X tour version than the original style.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:20AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: