Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Tour  (Read 83731 times)
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26AM »

No they're not on sale yet. They aren't giving them away until the date of airing, which is December 4th. A pair of M&Gs, according to one of the PBS peeps, is $250. Compared with Cinci's $550 and you understand.

I lucked out at Dayton this year--somebody GAVE me a M&G pass at the Dayton show and I moved up to front row center after intermission!  Grin

At San Antonio this year I was front row on the end.  Scott spotted two empty front row center seats and then Lester and I moved to them at intermission.  But there was no M&G at that concert.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2013, 09:12PM »

Yeah, definitely call the theatre and see what's up if you've bought tickets already.

Got my Columbia, SC tix. Yay!
You coming to the Asheville concert as well?

Nope. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to just one.
rodzilla

« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20PM »

Got my tix for San Diego in March!  Can anybody recommend good hotels in the area?  Just PM me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:50PM by rodzilla » Logged

"Nil Se'n La"--Seize the Day!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2013, 09:47PM »

Just  got  my  tickets  and  M&Gs   for  St. Paul   on  St.  Patty's  Day .    Grin   

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2013, 10:13PM »

I wish I could find out about the M&G in Houston (if there is one) or if by some freak chance one in San Antonio.  I signed up with Houston PBS to be notified of such events (and of course it required a small "donation") but so far nada.  Guess I'll call tomorrow and see if there even is one.

I have to snag them for Dayton by any means necessary.  Houston would just be a bonus and SA is just a fantasy since I don't think they ever have them.  Even though I trust what Matty said about Dayton, I should probably call them tomorrow as well just to make sure (for my own peace of mind) and try to get an exact time they become available.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2013, 10:38PM »

I will have tos earch to see if there is one in Asheville, if not I'll just spend the day in Asheville

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55AM »

They did not have M&G at San Antonio this year and don't count on that next year.  Houston has had them before according to Scott but he indicated they might be expensive.  I'm hoping Tulsa offers a reasonably priced M&G next year.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #262 on: November 20, 2013, 11:55AM »

They did not have M&G at San Antonio this year and don't count on that next year.  Houston has had them before according to Scott but he indicated they might be expensive.  I'm hoping Tulsa offers a reasonably priced M&G next year.

Yeah, and I'm not counting on SA, but if they did, I'd go.  I still might go to the SA show if some good tickets popup for around the original cost.  I suspect they will have a M&G in Houston, but if PBS gets greedy and wants some insane amount, then I'll have to pass.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:17PM by AggieGuy » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2013, 07:27PM »

Well, I tried calling the Houston PBS station, but could never get anyone except the operator/receptionist. I'll try again tomorrow at 8:30am when they open.

Also decided to book a hotel in SA right across from the Majestic, just in case I go, since there is no cancellation penalty so I won't be out any $$$ if I don't.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2013, 08:10PM »

Just  got  my  tickets  and  M&Gs   for  St. Paul   on  St.  Patty's  Day .    Grin   

Say hello and happy St. Patrick's Day to the ladies for me.   Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2013, 09:31AM »

Well, I tried calling the Houston PBS station, but could never get anyone except the operator/receptionist. I'll try again tomorrow at 8:30am when they open.

Also decided to book a hotel in SA right across from the Majestic, just in case I go, since there is no cancellation penalty so I won't be out any $$$ if I don't.

That may be the same hotel that Scott, Lester, Edd and I had lunch at before the show this past May.

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53AM »

Finally got through to someone @ the Houston PBS Station.  Transferred to 3 different people and disconnected once before I got someone who could tell me about the M&G

To quote them, there will be a "very limited number" of Celtic Woman M&G tickets for the Houston show.  Cost is $450 for two.  They go sale during the pledge drive when HFC airs on 12-2.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2013, 02:22PM »

Thanks, Eric.  That is very expensive.  Depressing.  Sad

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2013, 05:40PM »

Thanks, Eric.  That is very expensive.  Depressing.  Sad

Yep, right @ my breaking point.  I'm waiting to find out if the person going with me to the show wants to go to the M&G.  If not, maybe someone here would want to split the cost of the M&G.  Thankfully I have a little while to decide.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2013, 02:31PM »

Finally got through to someone @ the Houston PBS Station.  Transferred to 3 different people and disconnected once before I got someone who could tell me about the M&G

To quote them, there will be a "very limited number" of Celtic Woman M&G tickets for the Houston show.  Cost is $450 for two.  They go sale during the pledge drive when HFC airs on 12-2.

wow... that is crazy expensive!!  Shocked

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: