Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Show!  (Read 12048 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« on: June 12, 2013, 09:53AM »

Didn't know where else to post this. But it looks like Celtic Woman finally revealed when the new show is coming out. According to the trailer (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcEqySKw-c) it premieres Spring 2014 on PBS. The trailer is the same as the one we've all been talking about that was used for the Australia show.

I'm kinda disappointed it won't be out sooner, especially seeing as the fall pledge drive is when we will be purchasing tickets for the upcoming tour. Also, this dashes my hopes of a 2014 Reunion show for the 10th Anniversary. This'll be their 2014 special so I guess that's it. I know it was speculation and dreams on the fans part, but still.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:18AM »

It's funny that it says to "visit the Website for details" - I just went to the site, and all they have is a link to the video.

Hopefully, these "details" will be coming soon.

Spring is a loooooooooooooooooooong time to wait.  Sad

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
GeorgeN

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:39PM »

Where can I get the DVD?   Wink

GeorgeN
MaryNorth93
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 06:28AM »

This doesn't mean there won't be a special with new songs recorded. They still have July, Augustus and a few days in September for that. It wouldn't make much sense to me if they were going to tour with the Believe show for the third time, as far as I know they've never done that before.

This recording and/or dvd is probably meant as a nice way for PBS to get some extra pledges. I hope some gentle soul puts it's on youtube for us Europeans, though  Grin Although there are rumors RTL is going to broadcast it too, nothing is confirmed yet. Anyway, very excited  Grin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:37AM by MaryN. » Logged
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07AM »

This doesn't mean there won't be a special with new songs recorded. They still have July, Augustus and a few days in September for that. It wouldn't make much sense to me if they were going to tour with the Believe show for the third time, as far as I know they've never done that before.

This recording and/or dvd is probably meant as a nice way for PBS to get some extra pledges. I hope some gentle soul puts it's on youtube for us Europeans, though  Grin Although there are rumors RTL is going to broadcast it too, nothing is confirmed yet. Anyway, very excited  Grin
But remember, this tour is NOT the Believe show. Its very different!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 08:59AM »

This tour has some songs from the "Believe" show and some brought back from past shows.  If they don't film a new DVD they could just use a mix of new and old next year also.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 12:23PM »

This tour has some songs from the "Believe" show and some brought back from past shows.  If they don't film a new DVD they could just use a mix of new and old next year also.

I kinda liked that they brought back old songs.. like Orinoco Flow...
Although I do miss Spaceman and You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 12:42PM »

Looks like they pulled that video, probably because it was posted twice.  The earlier one they tweeted out is still up.

It was the one for the show they recorded in South Bend, not a preview for next year, since for whatever dumb reason, we won't get to see the recording on PBS until next year.

I'm sure they're keeping what the 2014 tour will involve very, very secret.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 01:05PM »

Maybe it's going to be something like TGJ

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 01:06PM »

Good  point.   Cool

GeorgeN

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 09:52PM »

But remember, this tour is NOT the Believe show. Its very different!

Maybe they can call it the "Now you can REALLY Believe" Show!  Wink

Didn't they record one of this year's tour performances in the Midwest somewhere? Could this be the new PBS '14 TV show? That would sure save production costs.

Personally, I'd hope for something completely new, with a full symphony, bigger band, larger back-up group, and just maybe adding another singer? I'm sure David will surprise us YET again! The man has done it for 10 years now, so why would he not pull it off again?

GeorgeN
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 09:53PM »

Didn't they record one of this year's tour performances in the Midwest somewhere? Could this be the new PBS '14 TV show? That would sure save production costs.

The PBS special (and assumed DVD) we will see in Spring, 2014 is the show which was recorded in South Bend this year.
GeorgeN

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 10:00PM »

That was a DVD, with much of the disk coving the history of CW up to that point. It was never shown on PBS that I know of. I don't remember a CD either..... I don't think PBS would be happy with a show like that to attract donors from their general audience base.

I'm getting the feeling that David has something new and spectacular up his sleeve, ready to spring on us poor, unsuspecting, CW FansShocked

Wait and see.... and Believe.....   Grin

GeorgeN
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 10:19PM »

That was a DVD, with much of the disk coving the history of CW up to that point. It was never shown on PBS that I know of. I don't remember a CD either..... I don't think PBS would be happy with a show like that to attract donors from their general audience base.

I'm getting the feeling that David has something new and spectacular up his sleeve, ready to spring on us poor, unsuspecting, CW FansShocked

Wait and see.... and Believe.....   Grin

GeorgeN
I'm not sure if The Greatest Journey aired on PBS, but it actually did have a CD released alongside the DVD. Smiley  And I agree with what you said about David.  Although I really don't want to get my hopes up too high, Celtic Woman has never failed to surprise us--who knows what the future holds. Wink
edtom

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 10:20PM »

There was a TGJ CD. I have a copy.
I too am hopeful of a major new production next year, perhaps later in the year.

I love Celtic Woman
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: