Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Show!  (Read 12047 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 10:32PM »

There was a TGJ CD. I have a copy.
I too am hopeful of a major new production next year, perhaps later in the year.

My theory is that the 2014 North America tour will not be to celebrate the 10th anniversary.  It will be something similar to the current show, but with various changes/updates/alterations.

Then come September or October is when they'll film the 10th anniversary DVD which would probably as a PBS special as well.  Where, I have no idea, but Ireland would seem to be a high probability.  It would be released in time for the 10th anniversary tour in 2015.

One would hope for the filmed event they'd try to bring back as many of the girls as possible.  Even better would be if on the 2015 tour, they could have some of the original members with the tour at various stages, even if only for a couple of weeks for each one.
GeorgeN

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 10:56PM »

There was a TGJ CD. I have a copy.
I too am hopeful of a major new production next year, perhaps later in the year.

My theory is that the 2014 North America tour will not be to celebrate the 10th anniversary.  It will be something similar to the current show, but with various changes/updates/alterations.

Then come September or October is when they'll film the 10th anniversary DVD which would probably as a PBS special as well.  Where, I have no idea, but Ireland would seem to be a high probability.  It would be released in time for the 10th anniversary tour in 2015.

One would hope for the filmed event they'd try to bring back as many of the girls as possible.  Even better would be if on the 2015 tour, they could have some of the original members with the tour at various stages, even if only for a couple of weeks for each one.

Good theory, and maybe right...... but PBS has already announced a new 2014 TV Show! I can't imagine it being a mashup of clips from the old shows, and every prior TV show has been somehow 'bigger' than the prior ones. PBS needs 'new and exciting' to pull in donors, and they probably need something to replace Believe for next year's fund raising and tickets for North American tour. For PBS CW is all about raising money, and I doubt that CW has enough money to fund a full show production (hundreds of people to pay) without financial backing from PBS.  I'd expect a recording, very likely back in Ireland or even someplace else in Europe, maybe sometime between August and October this year. Do they have a break in their touring schedule to do it before the Christmas tour? They would also need time for a studio recording of the new songs.

If I were you guys, I'd get a passport right now, and start saving for airplane tickets to Ireland for this fall!   Wink

GeorgeN
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 11:00PM »

As I mentioned before, the "2014" PBS special is not something that is being planned but not yet filmed.  It is the show that was filmed on 9 April 2013 in South Bend, Indiana.  We'll see it, and likely is accompanying DVD, during the Spring 2014 pledge drive.

In the review posted, it is mentioned where Lisa puts on the guy's hat during the "argument" intro of Téir Abhaile Riú and this is seen on that small clip that was released so we know without a doubt it's the same show.
GeorgeN

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50PM »

As I mentioned before, the "2014" PBS special is not something that is being planned but not yet filmed.  It is the show that was filmed on 9 April 2013 in South Bend, Indiana.  We'll see it, and likely is accompanying DVD, during the Spring 2014 pledge drive.

In the review posted, it is mentioned where Lisa puts on the guy's hat during the "argument" intro of Téir Abhaile Riú and this is seen on that small clip that was released so we know without a doubt it's the same show.

You right!   Shocked

Lisa mentions it in an interview published in the "Washington Examiner" on June 13th, 2013: http://washingtonexaminer.com/celtic-woman-casts-a-magical-spell/article/2531831?custom_click=rss

End of story..... the next CW PBS TV show is the one recorded in Indiana! .....except when will it be released? In the article Lisa says "later this year".

GeorgeN
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15AM »

Either Lisa was mistaken or perhaps her interview was done before they knew when PBS was going to air it.

We all assumed it would be the fall pledge drive, but everything we've seen says in the spring.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 02:13PM »

Either Lisa was mistaken or perhaps her interview was done before they knew when PBS was going to air it.

We all assumed it would be the fall pledge drive, but everything we've seen says in the spring.

Yeah, the fact that they've posted it on their website as spring 2014 makes it a done deal, I'm afraid. Gonna be a long, cold winter without new CW content to munch on.  Smiley

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
David Knisely

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 02:50PM »

Maybe it's going to be something like TGJ

That was a DVD, with much of the disk coving the history of CW up to that point. It was never shown on PBS that I know of. I don't remember a CD either..... I don't think PBS would be happy with a show like that to attract donors from their general audience base.

I'm getting the feeling that David has something new and spectacular up his sleeve, ready to spring on us poor, unsuspecting, CW FansShocked

Wait and see.... and Believe.....   Grin

GeorgeN
I'm not sure if The Greatest Journey aired on PBS, but it actually did have a CD released alongside the DVD. Smiley  And I agree with what you said about David.  Although I really don't want to get my hopes up too high, Celtic Woman has never failed to surprise us--who knows what the future holds. Wink

Yes, Greatest Journey did air on PBS, at least here in Nebraska (on the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 2008).  I was recovering from an emergency appendectomy at home when I stumbled upon it and instantly was hooked.  After seeing them for the 6th time last week (and going to my first and probably only meet-and-greet), I can probably be patient enough until spring to hear them again.  Still, this all seems like a circular information path, as the Celtic Woman site just links to the YouTube video and the YouTube video lists the Celtic Woman site for more information!  I would like something a little more "official" before I start jumping for joy. 
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 01:43PM »

I totally understand what you mean.  I hate that we have to wait so long too.  It'll be worth it though.  And you never know about their 10th anniversary.  They might surprise us with something.  They're good at that lol.  Smiley

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 09:36AM »

With some spring 2014 tour dates already leaking out, it seems likely that if PBS uses the South Bend concert to promote next year's tour some PBS affiliates will air it this fall (like around Thanksgiving as they have done in the past).  After all, one of the 2014 dates already listed is in February.  When CW appears in Arkansas it is usually in April or May.  In the past the local station has had pledge drives with ticket promotions in late November and March.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: