Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photography  (Read 87951 times)
oregongirl29
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 06:57PM »

I would love this camera, The model name hasn't been released yet or the price,

Either this one or this one. I couldn't find the model name.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/review/130/page_1.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:59PM by Irishgirl29 » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 07:05PM »

Looks like it will compete nicely with the comparable Canons and Nikons.

I wish I could get the Canon EOS 1D-X (my company's CFO has one) and it eats everything else for lunch.  He's actually published using it and the previous 1D Mark IV.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 07:06PM »

Some people rafting down the Colorado River.  Shot it from a rest stop along I-70.
oregongirl29
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 07:22PM »

Looks like it will compete nicely with the comparable Canons and Nikon's.

I wish I could get the Canon EOS 1D-X (my company's CFO has one) and it eats everything else for lunch.  He's actually published using it and the previous 1D Mark IV.

Wow that is a nice camera, it would take me forever to figure that one out.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25PM »

Yeah, I'd never figure it out.  I'm still learning about the 7D I got in December.  The Rebels were easy to use, not a lot of flashy settings.  The 5D, 7D, and 1D series are insane with features.
oregongirl29
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25PM »

Beautiful pics, What were your settings?

I wish I was there white water rafting, I've always wanted to do that but never had the chance.
oregongirl29
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 07:26PM »

Yeah, I'd never figure it out.  I'm still learning about the 7D I got in December.  The Rebels were easy to use, not a lot of flashy settings.  The 5D, 7D, and 1D series are insane with features.

I agree,
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 09:23PM »

This one is from a slide I took in 1992.  It's one of my favorites to this day.

Listed on the wall are the 1,177 names of the sailors and Marines who died on board the U.S.S. Arizona on December 7th, 1941.

Included on the names are 23 sets of brothers and one father and son.

As a historian with an specialty in WWII (and especially WWII in the Pacific), visiting Pearl Harbor will always be the greatest memory I will ever have.  I just wish I had spoken to the veterans who were there; but as a shy kid I couldn't do it and now regret it because nearly all of them are gone.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:26PM by AggieGuy » Logged
oregongirl29
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25PM »

Awe that's sad, Great picture though.
Texan

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 09:33PM »

I hope you guys keep posting pictures. Some great shots posted.

Photography is something I have a strong interest in learning.
I do have an Olympus EPM1. It's a micro four thirds camera (if that means anything to anyone). It takes great pics. Very small compared
to the cameras you all have. I figured it was a good investment to make to LEARN photograpy without spending too much. Problem is
I really haven't devoted the time to learn. Going to have to get on that.

I even bought some old Canon legacy lenses on ebay that I can use with an adapter. Manual focus however.

Again, thanks for posting the pictures.

Lester

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.

Thanks for all of your wonderful music Deirdre
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 09:38PM »

I do have an Olympus EPM1. It's a micro four thirds camera (if that means anything to anyone). It takes great pics. Very small compared
to the cameras you all have. I figured it was a good investment to make to LEARN photograpy without spending too much. Problem is

I even bought some old Canon legacy lenses on ebay that I can use with an adapter. Manual focus however.

Lester

Best advice is just go out and start shooting.  Easiest, quickest, and most enjoyable way to learn.  Reading books on it is boring.
oregongirl29
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 09:49PM »

Lester

Best advice is just go out and start shooting.  Easiest, quickest, and most enjoyable way to learn.  Reading books on it is boring.

Ditto, That's how I learned. I just started taking pics of everything I saw and little by little I got better at it.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 09:50PM »

Another old one from a slide, but hey, it's Irish so why not.  Shot this at my least favorite airport in the world, Chicago O'Hare back in 2000.

oregongirl29
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 09:59PM »

Our first now here in South Carolina, It actually snowed on Christmas day.

Here you go Kevin
oregongirl29
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 10:00PM »

Another old one from a slide, but hey, it's Irish so why not.  Shot this at my least favorite airport in the world, Chicago O'Hare back in 2000.

Awesome,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: