Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From Celtic Girl to Celtic Woman (Chloe)  (Read 1398 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 16, 2013, 10:03AM »

Irish singer Chloë Agnew is the daughter of globe-trotting musical parents, entertainer Adele “Twink” King and oboe virtuoso David Agnew. She first appeared on her mother’s RTE show when she was still in diapers. (Though, to be fair, she didn’t sing on the show until she was 6 years old.) She recorded her first CD when she was 12; her second, in 2004. Later on that same year, she appeared onstage in Dublin, the youngest member of what supposed to be a limited-run group, Celtic Woman.

And you probably know what happened to all thoughts of a limited run after that.

Agnew, now 23, and her luminous voice will appear with the latest lineup of Celtic Woman Sunday night at 8 at the Mann Center. It’s the group’s last stop on a long North America tour that began in early April. Catch them while you can.

Though Agnew has packed more musical stardom into her young life than many singers do over decades, performing never stops being a thrill—and at times surprisingly challenging for one so talented and experienced.

“I was born on the stage,” Agnew says. “I was immersed in all things music and theatre. It was just a way of life for me—it was like breathing air.”

But don’t assume singing before jam-packed auditoriums is a walk in the park. It’s certainly not disabling, but it’s no walk in the park, either.

“I think every performer wrestles with stage fright at some stage. If they tell you they don’t, they’re lying. For many years, I didn’t know how to harness it. It can come in fits and spurts. It’s actually a very healthy thing. The day you stop getting it (stage fright), obviously your heart and soul aren’t the way they once were. You have to keep battling through it, and use it as a positive thing. I’m all in favor of it, as awful as it is.”

Read More: http://irishphiladelphia.com/2013/06/from-celtic-girl-to-celtic-woman/
gig5
Total Fanatic

The fight for Middle Earth

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:15AM »

Very interesting, Chloe has a great voice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: