Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carolina Rua  (Read 26444 times)
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« on: June 20, 2013, 04:01PM »

Okay, so I may be way out of the loop or something but I had no idea that this song existed!! This is what sparked my newfound obsession with Lynn, and it looks like she had a whole lot of fun recording it. Does anyone know why this wasn't included in the DVD? My guess is that the song is more contemporary than most of the other tracks and it doesn't seem to fit as well with everything else...but I can't help but be disappointed that it's not on the DVD because it just looks like Lynn is having a load of fun! Usually she seems more reserved on stage, and I liked to see this as she seems to be out of her shell a bit. But I seriously love this and I can't stop listening to it.

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the link. Warning: you may get hooked on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOMf-8lGLnw

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:48PM »

Yeppers...it   is  a very  catchy  melody.  It  has  been  probably my fave  Lynn song  for a while now.   Smiley  I have  a hunch  it is  an older  Celtic folk song that David  arranged to sound  more contemporary as you say.  That is certainly  one goal of  CW is to make  traditional Irish songs more   accessible to today's listener. You will enjoy  Lynn's  "Take Me With You".  I have had it for a while now and love  it.  my other fave on that is  "Swimming In The Barrow" .  As to why it  didn't make it unto the DVD  for  SFTH- it could be as simple as copy write laws.  Different songs  have  different restrictions and  regulations on them. I have a feeling that this is someones' personal U-Tube  (under-the - table )  presentation of this song or perhaps  a clip that  Public Broadcasting showed to entice viewer pledges during the appropriate time.  A similar issue arose in SFTH  with Alex.  You may  notice that Alex's   'True Colours "  is on the DVD  but that  her  "You'll Be In My Heart"  is on the SFTH  CD.  Hope this helps....and thanks for the link.   Smiley   

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:00PM »

Copyright would make the most sense for it not being on the DVD.

The quality looks like a recording rather than a rip from a DVD, although I guess it could be a bad one.  Maybe it was broadcast @ some point and that is where the recording comes from?

Also, could it be on a DVD from outside the US such as in the UK/EU or Asia?
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:04PM »

Ahh those are good points. Makes sense. And oh my goodness...I can't believe this. I didn't realize it until this very moment that "You'll Be In My Heart" is not on the DVD. Wut. Haha.

Thanks for the info guys!!

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42AM »

I was fortunate enough to see CW three times in 2009.  That was the only year that "Carolina Rua" was in the show and I enjoyed Lynn singing it very much.  James is right.  "Take Me With You" is a nice CD.  Two most unique songs from it are "Erin Beo" and "Shona Mara".  I also enjoy Lynn's rendition of "Sometime Soon".  It is not on the CD but can be found on Youtube.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 11:28PM »

Yeah, I ordered that CD from amazon not too long ago so it should be coming in the mail soon! I can't wait to get it. Smiley

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 03:19PM »

The copyright is something to be handled, but when the opportunity to showcase
Lynn & Alex as the newest icons of Celtic Woman

To restrict those 2 at the time just leaving them each with just 1 song out of the CD & DVD is unfair.  Lips sealed
Chloe had 3 solos in SFTH, Lisa usually had 3 on ANJ.

Luckily Lynn got roles in Pie Jesu, Goodnight My Angel and the Lullaby CD to reclaim from. Smiley

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:03PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 03:30PM »

"Swimming in The Barrows" as a Celtic Woman song on it's soundtrack is a bit too jumpy for me
 though we wouldn't mind Lisa L jumping along to it on CW afterwards Cheesy.

"Take Me With You" to me would of captured the Songs From The Heart in the role of Heart!*

I understand the reason they wanted to keep the tone with one song
powerful ( You'll be in My Heart, When You Believe, The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, My Lagon Love)
and one song fun>(Fields of gold, Across the sea to Ireland,& True Colors, Carolina Rua)

My Lagon Love fitted the Meav aspect needed for keeping the Celtic Woman signature~.

Lynn and Emerald
However, I've fallen in love more with Suantrai, in Lullaby that could of took My Lagon Love's spot.
I feel it it's a signature song for Celtic Woman,
Lynn could of gave it her shot again during the Emerald Tour it
clicks perfectly for Emerald rather than repeat My Lagon Love which wasn't even an Emerald DVD song neither.

I am proud to say however Scarborough Fair for Lynn and for Meav in 2015 is the icing deserved on the cake for Lynn but even Meav too their version.

Alex
The same goes with Alex- My Heart Was Home Again would of been the extra solo she needed justice on SFTH since Lynn got the extra songs in lost to her one solo copyright. Grin
Though it was unusual song at first we fell in love right away just like Scarlett Ribbons

Once Alex's song turned to a duet with Lynn it then led it for Believe, it worked for Lisa & Lisa K as Believe
however the song still felt it fitted for SFTH rather than it did for Believe outside Broadway.

Believe
The opposite Walking the Night/The World Falls Away worked well for Believe which is the difference when I see it.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:08PM by RealFan c-w » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: