Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa will be performing on July 4th at Centennial Park in association with WSBTV  (Read 43608 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 07:07PM »

Need to find that software I used to have which will record streaming video.

Got a name for said software? Wink

It depends on which stream format they will use, which will determine how well and which software should be used. 

Don't know yet.  Going to work on it this weekend.  I'm sure the site streams its nightly newscast (most do now) so I'll use that as a test.  If I manage to record it, I'll make sure it's available to anyone if the site doesn't post it online themselves.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 02:44PM »

There is a decent chance it might not happen.  Atlanta is forecast to have thunderstorms most of the week, with a 50-70% chance on Thursday depending on which source you check.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 03:58PM »

Darn. I was really looking forward to this. Sad
I hope they're wrong.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 04:08PM »

Darn. I was really looking forward to this. Sad
I hope they're wrong.

Same here; I just spent the last few days figuring out how to record it and will be annoyed if it gets washed out, but what can anyone do?  The weather is beyond our control.
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 04:37PM »

If the show goes on, here's a message I got from WSBTV (notice that the banner will be there when the streaming is available on Thursday nite and hopefully will be obvious and available to us all):

"Thank you for your email regarding Georgia Salutes America.  We appreciate hearing from you and hope you’ll be able to watch.  We will be live
     streaming beginning at 9PM eastern.  You’ll see a banner appear at the top of our website at www.wsbtv.com, and you can click there begin watching.  We
     hope you enjoy the show!
     Thank you for viewing Channel 2 WSB-TV and www.wsbtv.com."

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 04:42PM »

Chance of rain is up to 70-80% with "heavy t-storms" part of the forecast.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Atlanta+GA+USGA0028:1:US

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=atl

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/atlanta-ga/30076/daily-weather-forecast/56577_poi
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:17PM by AggieGuy » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 11:33AM »

Chance of rain for Thursday is now 100% in the Atlanta area.  Numerous smaller 4th of July events have already been canceled or rescheduled.

Centennial Park hasn't canceled/postponed, yet.

https://twitter.com/centennial_park

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/postponed-or-canceled-fourth-july-events/nYbsz/

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/4th-july-washout-flash-flood-warning-issued-metro-/nYbr9/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:51PM by AggieGuy » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 10:46AM »

Well, according to the Centennial Park Twitter page, the show will go on no matter what, at least for now.  Although I'm sure if there was a lightening storm they'd send everyone indoors.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:11PM by AggieGuy » Logged
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 01:12PM »

Well, according to the Centennial Park Twitter page, the show will go on no matter what, at least for now.  Although I'm sure if there was a lightening storm they'd send everyone indoors.

Maybe Lisa could sing a cover of CCR's "Who'll Stop the Rain".   Grin

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 01:27PM »

Could someone record this for us please? Something has come up, and I won't be able to see it live. Sad
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:30PM by urbanracer34 » Logged

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 04:42PM »

Could someone record this for us please? Something has come up, and I won't be able to see it live. Sad

I am going to try; I think the software I have will do it, but I'm going to do more testing tonight just to make certain. So far, everything I've recorded has come out good.

I'll make it available to anyone who wants it.

Update: They have now said that if the weather turns severe, the show will likely get postponed/canceled.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:11PM by AggieGuy » Logged
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 09:20AM »

I don't know if this means Lisa will be singing early, or it means that they'll just start playing music at 6:30pm.

4TH OF JULY: Park gates open at 6:00pm, music starts at 6:30pm, fireworks scheduled to go off at 9:45pm.
CelticCate

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 12:05PM »

I am planning on going, and taking my video camera will hopefully have the video uploaded later this week, or sometime this weekend

IMG_1373.JPG
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 12:11PM »

I am planning on going, and taking my video camera will hopefully have the video uploaded later this week, or sometime this weekend
Sounds good. How did your test recordings go Aggie?

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 12:26PM »

Stupid question....
Is eastern time ahead or behind Minnesota time?
I've never been good with time zones...

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: