Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could choose what Lisa sings July 4th, it would be...  (Read 4897 times)
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 26, 2013, 07:25PM »

So we now know that our lovely Lisa will be performing on July 4th in Atlanta. What tune or tunes will she sing? From what I could find out about the annual event, it seems there are usually multiple performers - so I'm guessing it won't be more than 2 or 3 songs at most, but who knows? Let's have some fun with it.

If you could choose her songs, what would they be?

I know it seems obvious, but I think "O America" would probably bring the house down. So that's my first choice. And then I think I would stick to traditional patriotic songs, given the occasion. Maybe "God Bless America" or "America the Beautiful." It would also be cool if she had a choir behind her made up of some of her students, a la "Believe."

What do you think?

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:27PM »

Good choices Grin

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:34PM »

I agree with TS on this, even though I'm not an American. Grin

and Congrats to Leighlam who just hit 28000 posts!

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:36PM »

LOL!  Thanks Jared, I didn't even notice Smiley

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38PM »

O America. And perhaps The Blessing?

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:02PM »

I assume it will be patriotic type of music so since it's the 4th, I'd love to see her sing The Star Spangled Banner.  If anyone can nail that song (which is considered one of the most difficult for some reason), it would be Lisa.

O'America would be good, or even Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears.

But if it's not CW related, I'd say God Bless the USA.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:05PM »

I assume it will be patriotic type of music so since it's the 4th, I'd love to see her sing The Star Spangled Banner.  If anyone can nail that song (which is considered one of the most difficult for some reason), it would be Lisa.

O'America would be good, or even Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears.

But if it's not CW related, I'd say God Bless the USA.

Hmmm, I never thought of that one, but you know, I bet that would go over really well in the south. Cool idea...

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 02:55AM »

Ooooooh, I'd LOVE to hear her sing The Star Spangled Banner!!!! Ahh!! That would be a good one...mostly because I just really want to hear her sing it. Grin

"O, America" would be a good one to get everyone in the patriotic spirit, but then I think there needs to be another "Lisa classic" for everyone's enjoyment. Like "Fields of Gold"..or "Send Me a Song"...or something like that, ya know?

Ooooh and I really like the idea of her having a chorus of her Academy students behind her. That would really make it. I'm really excited to hear about what she does sing!!! Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41PM »

Ooooooh, I'd LOVE to hear her sing The Star Spangled Banner!!!! Ahh!! That would be a good one...mostly because I just really want to hear her sing it. Grin

"O, America" would be a good one to get everyone in the patriotic spirit, but then I think there needs to be another "Lisa classic" for everyone's enjoyment. Like "Fields of Gold"..or "Send Me a Song"...or something like that, ya know?

Ooooh and I really like the idea of her having a chorus of her Academy students behind her. That would really make it. I'm really excited to hear about what she does sing!!! Smiley

Since it's in Atlanta, if she does sing a CW song, should it be one of the ones from "Believe"? You know which one I would vote for.  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: