Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY REVIEW OF MEAV'S DIVINAS SONGS  (Read 3999 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« on: June 27, 2013, 07:40PM »

All three  of these  ladies  did  a great  job, but  as  someone  told me, Meav  was the  best  of the  three.   Meav's   "Vincent"  simply  tugs  at my heartstrings.  Her  voice  is  so  sweet, lovely  and  passionate that it creates  instant  emotion .  It  is  flawlessly  sung.  Meav  is  a true  expert  as to how to draw the listener in to the true feeling  of  the song  and make the listener  part  of it.  The part  that  always  makes  me  cry is  "  ....I could  have  told  you  Vincent , this  world  was never   meant  for one as beautiful  as you" .   Meav  has  a lot  of  fun  with  "Glasgow's  Burning" .  Here   she is  accompanied  by  the other  ladies.  She  is clearly  enjoying  herself  and  the opportunity  to  share a part  of her Celtic  heritage  here.  Of  course,   her  voice  is still beautiful even  when  she  is  feeling   upbeat.   Smiley    OMG !!!    'The  First Time I  Ever Saw Your  Face"    was  sung  by  Meav  in a manner  that  turns   mere  mortal  men  to  mush.  Here- I will reference  a phrase  that  our  forum  friend    Wyle E  uses....." oxyhydrogen     torch  song " .  Meav  is again, so  expert  at  capturing  the emotion of  a song.  Anyone  who isn't  moved  by   this  song  needs to have  their pulse checked.  Her  "Raglan Road"  is  just  plain  gorgeous. I have  heard  others say that this  was a lovely  song- and they are correct. Meav  is  just  such  an expert at  technique- she  could  start  a clinic  for  it.  "My  Love Is Like A Red , Red Rose"   is  a pure  delight.  This  was  a song I was unfamiliar  with.  (It's  not to be  confused with  another Meav  song  with a similar title- 'I  WISH   My  Love  Was  A  Red, Red Rose" .  )    Here, her  voice  rings  out  as crystaline   clear  as   an  angel  queen.   Meav  starts  out   the beautiful  "Shenandoah"  and  is  joined  in  by the other  ladies as the song  goes  along.   GORGEOUS  is  all I can  say.   It's  such  a lovely  song unvoiced, but even  more  so  vocally.   Meav  is  smooth, silky  and  sultry.   And finally,  her  purely   a cappella version  of  "My Lagan Love"   is  breathtaking.   Not too many  singers would take on that song in that manner- but Meav pulls it off. Heck-not many  singers can sing that song in  ANY  fashion.  She  adds  delightful  variations  on all her songs and  in the group  numbers  . She  blends  well with the others. I think this    DVD  and   CD  is are "must haves"  , not  only   for Meav fans, but also for any hard core  CWazy and/or  music  lover.   LONG  LIVE  THE  LARK !!!    Kiss Kiss Kiss
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:45PM by Raving Meaviac » Logged

Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45PM »

Ahhh your Divinas set came!!! I knew you would be excited about that. Grin This is a wonderful review, James! I know I will DEFINITELY have to get this CD at some point. Smiley

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 06:52PM »

Definitely get it Potato Pants. Rita and Yulia have good songs, too. I only have the cd and I'm waiting for the other songs to be released at some point- not all of the stuff on the DVD are on the CD.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:09AM »

BUMP

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 10:04PM »

BUMP

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print