Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan to star in "Cats"  (Read 15778 times)
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« on: July 07, 2013, 12:41AM »

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/susan-cant-wait-to-come-home-and-get-her-claws-into-cats-29399489.html

This is awesome!!! So excited for you, Susan. Smiley

Oh and what's this about a new Christmas special..? Hehehe I'm super excited now.

Also I got a kick out of how Susan used her extensive hours on the bus traveling with CW to plan her wedding. Smart girl. Wink

AKA CelticWomanFreak (CWF)

Proud member of the Gosh Dang Potato Gang (Idaho)
6/6/13: Best night of my life. Dreams really do come true.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:55AM »

Shocked

"Filming a Celtic Woman Christmas special in Dublin?"  (at the Helix Huh )

"On shelves in America in December?"

Maybe we won't have to wait until Spring for something new after all!   Shocked

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 01:08AM »

Exactly what I was thinking!!! This is exciting Grin Grin Grin

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:11AM »

If they're filming a Christmas DVD it will have to be very soon, since she'll have to start working on preparing for "Cats" (one of the oddest plays ever written) and then 5 days after it's over they're off to Australia and then not long after that Europe.

Strange that we haven't heard of a new special being filmed (I guess it could also be a CD and not a DVD) since tickets have to go on sale at least sometime in advance and that window is closing fast.  Also, a DVD has post production to go through, far more than a CD does, and if they want something out by Christmas, that window is closing fast as well.

I did a quick check for any CW tickets on sale in Ireland and nothing, nor does the Helix list anything CW on their current schedule.
Potato Pants
Honorary Roadie

<3meav<3

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 01:15AM »

If they're filming a Christmas DVD it will have to be very soon, since she'll have to start working on preparing for "Cats" (one of the oddest plays ever written) and then 5 days after it's over they're off to Australia and then not long after that Europe.

Strange that we haven't heard of a new special being filmed (I guess it could also be a CD and not a DVD) since tickets have to go on sale at least sometime in advance and that window is closing fast.  Also, a DVD has post production to go through, far more than a CD does, and if they want something out by Christmas, that window is closing fast as well.

I did a quick check for any CW tickets on sale in Ireland and nothing, nor does the Helix list anything CW on their current schedule.

Wow, they're gonna be busy...Susan especially it seems!! I guess they're gonna make it a big surprise or something then... Tongue

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 01:29AM »

Yeah, although doing the play is probably more enjoyment than work for her; she seems to really love theatre.

I'm sure once this news spreads, the girls and David will start getting hammered for information.  It's also possible of course that the article completely botched the information.  Wouldn't be the first time the media completely screwed up.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 05:37AM »

I'm  sure  she  will   do  wonderfully !  no  need  fro  Susan to  worry.   Smiley

MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 06:55AM »

I hope we get some footage or recordings of Susan in Cats! I'd love to hear how she tackles Memory!!!

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 07:10AM »

They do have a very limited window to record anything. First week in Sept or first week in Oct that's about it. It could be done though. I actually thought the very same thing about a possible miscommunication involved here. A new Christmas CD  makes a lot of sense. A DVD would be a bit strange. Would they record 2 DVDs in one year? Would they release the South Bend DVD AND a Christmas DVD so close to each other?

I look forward to CW's "official" announcement regarding all this. VERY interesting!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 07:30AM »

I'm not completely convinced we'll be getting a new Christmas DVD this December. With logistics and timing, unless they've been planning it for quite a while, this DVD shoot (if it happens) is going to be a pretty messy ordeal for everyone involved. I just don't think there's any point in getting too excited just yet. There are plenty of reasons it may have popped up in the article and we know the press doesn't get everything right.
Anyway, there'll be a lot of time to get excited once we hear an official announcement, and I'd rather get excited a bit later compared to excited now and disappointed later.

That being said, I think we should all be extremely excited for Susan for getting such a prestigious role in an amazing, albeit very strange, musical, especially in her hometown! I'm sure Susan is completely thrilled to land the role, and with all the pressure I'm sure she'll appreciate any and all the support we can give her!!!

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 07:37AM »

I am beyond the point of happy for Susan!! This is wonderful news!!!! And they do have an extended amount of time off so I think it will and can be done!  And amazingly I might add especially being on home turf! Not sure if they can top the last Christmas album but I am sure it will be brilliant! They are all professional enough where I think they can work quickly and efficiently to make this work! Which probably also means right after or end of next year they might have a big taping! It always kind of works like that! Which I will be patient on that because I am sure they want all details to be perfect! And I for one no matter what will be first in line and support them!! But, so excited for Susan!! Definitely made me smile this morning!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 11:23AM »

I am very excited for you Susan. Smiley

I wish we'd be getting a Christmas special, but as many people have said in this thread, the window is closing fast and there's more post-production to do on a DVD than a CD.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
gig5
Total Fanatic

The fight for Middle Earth

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 02:43PM »

Hmmmnn............. interesting..... That's cool!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 03:01PM »

That is very cool. CATS is my favourite musical ever, there is no thing in the world of music or musicals, that I love more! And I wouldn't know about CW, if I wouldn't know about CATS, no matter how strange that sounds. Smiley

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 05:04PM »

Tweeted by Susan earlier today.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: