Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond the Sea  (Read 9720 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: July 11, 2013, 05:53PM »

Okay. I'm not sure if there are other people with the same feeling I have about Celtic Woman's version of the song, but their version of Beyond the Sea has made dislike the original version. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I wish that I could enjoy the original jazzy version, but Celtic Woman's is so good, I just don't like the old one anymore.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:16AM »

I like it when Chloe sings her solo part. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:59AM »

I like both versions and I like how CW does not try to mimic other artists but adds their unique touch to old songs.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 07:48PM »

Another question I have about the song is that to me it sounded like a person singing about their dead lover and how they will eventually join them on the other side, beyond the sea. I could be wrong about that. I have been before.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:49PM »

CW  does  have  a way  of  making  me  think  that  the  original  artist  of  many  songs are  inferior to  CW's  versions.  it's  a credit to  both  the  talent  level  of  the  ladies  and  the  skill  and  dedication  of  David  D.    Smiley

Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 02:01AM »

I like it when Chloe sings her solo part. Smiley

Chloe doesn't have a solo in that song.  I still don't get why Chloe was the only one of the girls that didn't get a solo.  Even Hayley got solo in that song even though she was brand new at the time.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 03:45AM »

Exactly that's why. On the tour it was always just five members, but it was six girls for the show at Slane Castle. Therefore they partly gave away solo lines that actually belonged to one girl to another, so it would fit "space" wise. Chloe was usually in the center and so they thought it would fit to give her lines form the tour to Hayley who sang on tour the lines Méav did when she was not touring. Also, Hayley was not exactly "brand new", more of a special guest. I don't see why she should not get some pore parts, especially considering Chloe did not only have the most screen time in the original show and she appeared in all group numers in the ANJ dvd, which Hayley did not.

Jonas

GO Celtic Woman

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 05:08AM »

Exactly that's why. On the tour it was always just five members, but it was six girls for the show at Slane Castle. Therefore they partly gave away solo lines that actually belonged to one girl to another, so it would fit "space" wise. Chloe was usually in the center and so they thought it would fit to give her lines form the tour to Hayley who sang on tour the lines Méav did when she was not touring. Also, Hayley was not exactly "brand new", more of a special guest. I don't see why she should not get some pore parts, especially considering Chloe did not only have the most screen time in the original show and she appeared in all group numers in the ANJ dvd, which Hayley did not.

Chloe wasn't in all the group numbers at Slane.  At the Ceili?Huh  Orionco Flow?Huh  Also, after she sung "The Prayer", she wasn't seen again until the second to last number of the first act (Over the Rainbow).  And in Act 2, she didn't appear until the 4th number (Sing Out).  And "Spanish Lady" is the only number that I recall where Chloe stood in the middle of all the girls.  Also, Meav appeared in more numbers than Chloe in the original show.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: