Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I made "Hayley Westenra" in my online game.  (Read 101023 times)
Naraku_Diabolos

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 03:00PM »

I know that I keep bumping this, but here's a major update. This thread is going to be revamped. How so? I'm actually able to record the cutscenes from the game (the ones that do have spoken and non-spoken dialogue, so you will have to read the ones where it is not spoken) on my computer using the NVIDIA GeForce Experience software.

To record these scenes, I have to close my web browser, iTunes, Skype, everything. It has caused delays in recording before, but I was finally able to record 3 of the chapters. However there are 13 videos total I do need to upload. More will come! You get to see my character being animated and acting along with the other main characters in the story. I'm switching between her job professions so you get to see her wearing different armor with her different weapons (except her 3 new jobs which I need to work on later). You're in for a treat, everyone. I do have a YouTube channel, so the videos will be uploaded to that. As soon as the test video is done uploading (it's actually the first one in the series), I will provide the link with this post. After that, I will give out the link on this post (edited) with the channel so you can stay tuned to see how the story plays out.

Be warned, as this is only the cutscenes I'm uploading. A lot of the minor meat of the game's story isn't in cutscenes, so there may be some missing information. But, enjoy!

EDIT 1: The rest of them will be uploaded over the night. The first one was a success. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqQ_giggFk1IA-x_0UpkOccPgfaanOAcN

EDIT 2: All 13 videos are uploaded now. I'm recording some more, so hang tight. The story gets really good, trust me Smiley

EDIT 3: The next 18 videos were uploaded overnight. They may be out of order on the listing, but look for the "Chapter #" and then the "Part #" to know the order of the story. I'll record more videos today, then convert them into a smaller file size (one video was recorded at 1.5 GB! I got it down to 836 MB from converting it) before uploading to YouTube. I think I will be doing 3 Chapters a day of recording, then uploading them overnight to YouTube.

I have already just beaten the expansion pack story for the game, too. It was REALLY good. Those scenes for that story will be uploaded much later because I don't want to rush ahead and leave out all the good parts leading up until then. The story wouldn't make any sense then! Smiley

EDIT 4: I will warn you, the cutscenes from the patch 2.55 are crucial leading up to the story of the expansion. One cutscene is over 50 minutes long! I don't know how I will do that one, unless it is broken up into parts. I'd might do something funny with Hayley (my character) for the starting cutscene for the expansion. It involves the northern city-state called Ishgard, which is wrapped in an eternal winter. My character had to cross the bridge in a raging blizzard. I may have her do that scene in a swimming suit just for kicks!

EDIT 5: I have a new 16 batch of videos being uploaded tonight while I'm asleep. It's going to be the climax battle that my Hayley character will have to deal with. With powerful demi-gods posing a threat to suck the land clean of energy, the evil empire has a weapon to harness energy. It will be Hayley's duty to form alliances with other players (who are not shown in the videos, but they will be if I am playing the game) to take down the empire's stronghold in the upcoming videos in the near future. After that, there is going to be conflict in the one city-state as something shocking will happen. Hayley gets caught up in it and gets framed for helping murder. My character, that is, hah.

EDIT 6: I got Hayley up to Patch 3.1 now and finished it. There's a new threat on the horizon, and it mirrors what my character is striving to do...only that it's...the dark side.

EDIT 7: There have been some problems recording with my software, so I am trying to look into it. There will be some scenes I am recording that are quite long. One of them is almost up to 10 minutes long. Oh, and this is a trailer of something my Hayley character will have to go through for Patch 3.2... You might find plastic baby dolls more creepy after viewing this trailer. I'm sure if my character saw it, she would never want to look at a doll again! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZET2yYZLN8

EDIT 8: So I figured out why I was having problems recording. Not only that, but with NVIDIA driver installations, my monitor would turn off and wouldn't come back on, so I had to do a hard reboot. Well, there was a new graphics driver today. Installed it normally, but had that problem with the monitor. Once it rebooted, I thought, "Why not do a clean install?" Did that and no problems! I think there were some registry errors with the graphics driver installation causing problems, but not only that but with recording on the GeForce Experience software. I will test recording tomorrow to see if that works. Fingers crossed! Hayley's story for 2.0 A Realm Reborn will be wrapping up soon in the video journal! She will be storming the imperial base taking down the evil generals, and if you are following the videos to the last ones I uploaded, the sinister group known as the Ascians. After that story, the Primal deities are showing up with more frequency with those evil Ascians, leading up to a downfall of the city-state of Ul'dah and then the journey to the closed off city, the Holy See of Ishgard.

There's going to be the Little Ladies Day seasonal event coming up soon (based on Japan's Little Girls Day in which young girls in a family are given dolls), but sadly there is no St. Patrick's day event on the game. I will be taking pictures of my Hayley character in her pink yukata (luckily this time since the new graphics runtime of DirectX 11 has been released, I will get better lighting and shadows, and see how the cherry/peach blossom effects are) dancing and also hanging out with my friends on the game. I will see if my company of friends can show up so I can get my Hayley to be with a crowd of people this time!

EDIT 9: Got the last cutscenes recorded for the game of 2.0. I have to get them converted to a smaller file size before uploading them to YouTube. I will be doing that Friday night all the way into the weekend. There is a lot of dialogue that isn't voiced, so you have to read it, but near the end of it all it is voiced. Please try to watch the videos, even there is no spoken dialogue. I am sure you will like the story of this game, and see if a character based on the real Hayley Westenra is truly a champion in her own right.

The reason I chose the name for this character Hayley Westenra was not only for my love and admiration towards her, but I have read about her past and saw how wonderful of a person she became. Starting out as a normal girl, the real Hayley rose to stardom and has helped the world through generosity such as UNICEF and even other smaller charities. In my eyes, the real Hayley Westenra is a champion who has accomplished a lot in her life. With such beauty, a loving heart, and talent, she is a star. To me, she is a heroine.

EDIT 10: After messing around with converting (just to see if I could use another format called HEVC that can have the same video quality but at a lower file size), it distracted me all weekend so now I am just starting to upload the batch of videos. They should be done uploading by tomorrow, however it's only 17 videos on this one. I will add the next batch within the next few days (preferably overnight), and then start recording the scenes from Patches 2.1 to 2.55 that lead up to 3.0 and 3.1. Take note; there is two elven characters in these next series of cutscenes that are very important story-wise. The first elf is named Haurchefant (horsh-eh-fah) and the second is Ser Aymeric (sir am-rick). Both play a key role leading up towards the expansion pack and possibly beyond, but one of the two befalls a tragic end in 3.0. I'm not going to tell you who, but with how one of them supports you throughout your early adventure, his ending story will make you upset. Both Haurchefant and Ser Aymeric play key rolls in the expansion as well within the Holy See of Ishgard (hint: Holy See is also a term used for the Catholic Church, which the city of Ishgard is almost based upon the Vatican in the way the city looks, but not so much as to how the city's religious beliefs play out).

EDIT 11: Take it as you will, but some of my recent videos that I uploaded to YouTube have been deleted. Whether or not it was because of copyright infringement or what, I will see which ones got deleted and re-upload them. I did not get any messages as to why they were removed, so I'll try to put them up again. Right when I got the action-packed cutscenes of having my Hayley character raiding an enemy fortress, too! Well, 2 fortresses. I am also upgrading her Ninja armor at the moment and I have started on her ultimate weapon from the expansion pack. I will work on that as well get her other jobs, crafting, and gathering classes leveled up, too. I did take some pictures of my character for the recent in-game holiday. I'll try to post pictures of the new outfit, a Japanese suikan, up on this thread this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:19PM by Naraku_Diabolos » Logged

[video]http://xivpads.com/?Hayley-Westenra-Excalibur[/video]

"I Made Hayley Westenra On My Online Game."
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=19082.msg879933#msg879933
Naraku_Diabolos

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 11:45AM »

Sorry for not updating this thread! I've been so busy with work that I have not been able to play my game, but I will be starting up again by playing in the fall since my job is in its slower season and I will have more time to play the game (I work in a garden department at Lowes now).

Coming up in the next few weeks, the special summer event of Moonfire Faire is going to begin! This year, we don't get yukata for the male and female characters. This time, we are getting...

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/Moonfire_Faire/

Super Sentai! AKA, Power Rangers! Roll Eyes Cheesy Hayley will be getting some Ranger armor that I can dye different colors.

Also this fall, and if this releases, I will also be getting a new graphics card that will be less expensive. If this version of the NVIDIA graphics card, the GeForce 1060 Ti, releases, I will buy it. I will then have better framerate for my game and I will also get a Solid State Drive for my desktop next year, too, so recording the videos will be much easier and run more smoothly. Probably a 2TB hard drive since I have a regular 2TB drive currently.

EDIT: Another reason I'm waiting to play the game later with new PC upgrades is because I occasionally have my whole computer freeze on me when playing the game. I do not know if the graphics card gets stressed out or what causes it, but I hate it when it happens. Especially if I am doing something important on the game. That is also the reason why I have not updated this thread with new pictures or have played the game for more than 30 minutes recently.

I will also record new videos later once I have my computer upgraded with new parts, and I may take down the current videos on YouTube. Why? When I have the better graphics card and new SSD hard drive, my game will run super fast (it would run faster if I were to get a 4K HD monitor at above 60 frames per second!) and recording will be more smooth. Hopefully no more crashes after that!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:03AM by Naraku_Diabolos » Logged

[video]http://xivpads.com/?Hayley-Westenra-Excalibur[/video]

"I Made Hayley Westenra On My Online Game."
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=19082.msg879933#msg879933
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: