Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TNT24 Interview: Susan McFadden stars in Cats  (Read 1796 times)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« on: August 17, 2013, 09:54AM »

Susan McFadden is a star in her own right. Not only has she established herself as a singer with Irish female ensemble Celtic Woman but she also has played an impressive array of lead roles in many top West End shows.

The songstress’ latest project is playing the lead in Cats the Musical which opens at The Bord Gais Energy Theatre from Wednesday.

I caught up with the sister of former Westlife star Brian McFadden and asked her about playing a furry feline, living in the UK and touring with her group…

For those of us who aren’t familiar with Cats can you tell us what’s it all about?

Cats is a musical which is based on a set of poems by TS Elliott. It was made into a musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber many years ago and it’s about a group of Cats who decide that one of them will venture off and come back to a new life. It’s the fourth longest running West End musical in the world and its 21 years since it’s been in Ireland.

Susan, you play the role of Grizabella, is she much different from other characters you’ve played previously?

She’s totally different than any other character I’ve ever played. I’ve always played the girl next door like Sandy in Grease and Elle Woods in Legally Blonde. For Cats I play a part where my character used to be a glamour cat. She’s older, she’s haggard now and she’s had her time. She’s also looking back at how things used to be and that’s where the song Memories comes from

Will your family be coming to see the show?

Of course! My mum’s delighted because obviously I work away all the time so it’s harder for family and friends to come and see my shows so it’s good to be home once again.

You spend a lot of time in the UK, what would you say you miss about Ireland the most?

I think I just miss being close to my mum, dad, family and friends. It’s a lot harder to hop on an airplane than it is to just hop in the car to go see them

Do you see your brother Brian much?

Well he’s moved closer to home now, he’s based in London so it’s nice. I’ve moved to Cheshire in England it’s brought us closer and my mum’s delighted.

http://tnt24.ie/index.php/2013/08/interview-susan-mcfadden-stars-in-cats/28322/

Rest is @ the link.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:41AM »

cool...thanks   again  Eric.    Smiley 

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 10:43AM »

This is so cool! Having a Celtic Cutie playing in my all time favourite musical for now and forever is soooo.... EPICLY AWESOME!!!

sorry *cough*

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: