Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs for Mairead to Cover  (Read 38179 times)
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22AM »

Her voice similar to Alex's and I even hear a similarity to Hayley's. She's not so much a Chloe replacement as she is a unique and totally new vocal sound.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 04:14AM »

There is no such thing like replacement for any of the CWuties. One Celtic Woman "leaves", another one comes.

Louis97

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 08:20AM »

There is no such thing like replacement for any of the CWuties. One Celtic Woman "leaves", another one comes.

100% Totally Agreed!

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44AM »

She'll gonna be great. And I think Chloe's later solos are not right for her :/ Rather her older ones, like those from the Original Helix shows!

Cherany

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 10:04AM »

I would love to hear a duet between her and Lisa Lambe.  Shocked

Ditto!  Their voices would harmonize really well, but more than that, they each have a voice that made me stop everything I was doing the first time I heard them sing, so I wouldn't miss a note. CW has never had a bad singer in their line-up, but I think Lisa L and Mairead C are two of the best they've had.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 10:54AM »

Some pf the posts are off-topic.  I was asking what songs you think Mairead should cover (not just CW songs, but any song).  It's just for fun...

Cherany

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 11:30AM »

Some pf the posts are off-topic.  I was asking what songs you think Mairead should cover (not just CW songs, but any song).  It's just for fun...

The song cover topic easily lends itself to related topics, such as duet partners and old versus new songs from the CW show, any of which she could potentially cover on tour. I don't think that is anyone straying too far. Smiley

I think she'd do a great job with The Snows They Melt the Soonest (one of my favorites from Cara Dillon), but honestly, I'd most like to hear her sing things I haven't heard before. Nothing beats discovering a talented new artist, but second to that is discovering a new song. This includes songs old in age, but new to most of us.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 03:33PM »

The song cover topic easily lends itself to related topics, such as duet partners and old versus new songs from the CW show, any of which she could potentially cover on tour. I don't think that is anyone straying too far. Smiley

I wasn't talking about that.  Some people were talking about Mairead can't reallly "replace" Chloe.

Anyway... I think she should sing Isle of Innisfree.

Louis97

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 09:03PM »

Some pf the posts are off-topic.  I was asking what songs you think Mairead should cover (not just CW songs, but any song).  It's just for fun...

I wasn't talking about that.  Some people were talking about Mairead can't reallly "replace" Chloe.

Anyway... I think she should sing Isle of Innisfree.

Oh I'm sorry! In my thought of trying to pick songs for her, I began thinking of which CW songs she should adopt and then that led to who she sounded most similar to. The Chloe thing was just a side comment on my part. Many apologies!

On your original topic: I would love to see the girls (especially now with Mairead) sing The Raggle Taggly Gypsy!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:25PM by Louis97 » Logged

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31AM »

Isle of Innisfree is a great idea, Tiffany!

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 07:52PM »

Am I allowed to do other Celtic Woman songs or do I need a separate thread for that?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 07:27AM »

I think, you can post everything here.

How about "Who'll Come With Me" I would love to hear her sing that...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:29AM by ShiningBright » Logged

Believe

Celtic Woman is a blessing from God

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 10:36AM »

I Dreamed A Dream.

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 12:32PM »

I Dreamed A Dream.
I hope not.  Sorry, but that song just bums me out.  Odd, because I can listen to "The Last Rose of Summer" without feeling suicidal.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Louis97

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 02:13PM »

I would love for her to sing Scarborough Fair.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: