Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's speculate a little!  (Read 5783 times)
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« on: August 25, 2013, 05:52AM »

Now, we can speculate how it will be with Mairéad C!

What kind of solos will she have? I think more of the folky type. But not in a Méav or Órlagh way. In her own way, a little more earthbound maybe.
Will she play the arcordeon? I hope so! Having another vocalist-instrumentalist sice Órlagh has left would be sooo cool!
What kind of dresses will she wear? I so hope to see her in a cold, dark green! A simple cut, wavy skirt!

What do you think?

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:07AM »

Hmmm...I  think  since   she  sounds   a  lot  like  Alex  that  perhaps  she  will be  given  songs that suited  our  Sweet   beautiful Alex -  hopefully  getting  more  stage  time  than was  allotted to  Alex on  tour.  This is  probable  since it's  the  3 vocalist mode.   I see her  shifting  from  classical  to  folk . 

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:42AM »

Everyone sais, she sound like Alex. I've never heard that :/ Is there any song where it shows very much? I would like to hear it!

I think she'll do fresh, light and folky songs!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:56PM »

I think her voice reminds me a bit of Alex but in essence she reminds me of Lynn.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:29AM »

To me her voice reminds me of Alex but she looks like Hayley Smiley

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Excalibur

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46AM »

I do hope Mairead gets some very Celtic solos. She can sing in a very delicate Lynn-like way so this could be a chance to have a Celtic "a cappella" piece (like Meav's Danny Boy or Lynn's My Lagan Love) back in the set-list. But then, Mairead seems to be able to sing with power too, so I think she could sing a very wide range of music as easily as Chloe did, even some classical or theatrical - I would love to hear her sing Anthem.

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:14PM »

I do hope Mairead gets some very Celtic solos. She can sing in a very delicate Lynn-like way so this could be a chance to have a Celtic "a cappella" piece (like Meav's Danny Boy or Lynn's My Lagan Love) back in the set-list. But then, Mairead seems to be able to sing with power too, so I think she could sing a very wide range of music as easily as Chloe did, even some classical or theatrical - I would love to hear her sing Anthem.

Off topic, but I love your banner. Smiley

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 09:34PM »

I was about to say the same thing! I LOVE that banner!
edtom

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 05:48AM »

I was about to say the same thing! I LOVE that banner!
I third the motion. Cheesy

I love Celtic Woman
Excalibur

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 11:58AM »

Thanks guys  Smiley

Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 02:10PM »

Thanks guys  Smiley

Your banner is so awesome!! So elegant!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 08:53AM »

So! Celtic Woman posted on Facebook that Mairead was meeting with Synan for her dress fitting. What do we think? Will she be outfitted in Chloe's 2013 tour dresses for the European tour?
Believe

Celtic Woman is a blessing from God

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 09:56AM »

Really like your banner!

Excalibur

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 11:43AM »

So! Celtic Woman posted on Facebook that Mairead was meeting with Synan for her dress fitting. What do we think? Will she be outfitted in Chloe's 2013 tour dresses for the European tour?

When Lynn joined CW, I remember she wore the same white dress that Hayley used to wear on tour -not sure about the golden one though. Same thing for Alex who wore Lisa K's ANJ gowns and Lisa Lambe who wore Alex's and Lynn's dresses from SFTH, and Susan with Lisa K's Believe dresses. That was obvious, because all the girls had similar sizes.

Now, Mairead seems to be much more thinner than Chloe so it's hard to say if the actual dresses can be modified to fit her or if new dresses will be needed. Especially because we don't know if the other girls will get new gowns for the upcoming tours. Only time will tell.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 12:56PM »

When Lynn joined CW, I remember she wore the same white dress that Hayley used to wear on tour -not sure about the golden one though. Same thing for Alex who wore Lisa K's ANJ gowns and Lisa Lambe who wore Alex's and Lynn's dresses from SFTH, and Susan with Lisa K's Believe dresses. That was obvious, because all the girls had similar sizes.

Now, Mairead seems to be much more thinner than Chloe so it's hard to say if the actual dresses can be modified to fit her or if new dresses will be needed. Especially because we don't know if the other girls will get new gowns for the upcoming tours. Only time will tell.

She wore her golden dress. There are pictures and a video of her, where she tries it. They made it bigger for her though...

As for Mairéad, they might give her a smaller version of Chloe's dress for the first act, because all of them fit together. I hope she'll get her own one for the second act, though...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: