Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roots of Ireland video  (Read 29638 times)
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« on: August 26, 2013, 08:41AM »

I was surfing YouTube this morning on my new tablet and found these. Both are videos from the latest show from the creative team of Riverdance. The new show is called "Roots of Ireland".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59EUz4niTo&feature=youtube_gdata

This first one is a "Ceili Song" called Phil the Fluter's Ball. It features Simon Casey, Rebecca Winckworth, Simon Morgan (Li'l Lambe's husband) and former CW vocalist Lynn Hilary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJIsMOSE3Pc

This one is a Gaelic folk song called An Maidrín Rua (The Little Red Fox). Again, this features Rebecca and our lovely Lynn. The Gaelic is interchanged with English to assist understanding. (like the CW version of Mo Ghile Mear)

Enjoy your day! I love you!!!

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
edtom

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:17AM »

There is more information about the Roots of Ireland show in the Lynn Hilary section-Lynn News-Lynn's in a New Show.
I have the promo CD and DVD. They are great. BTW, I recently received an email from Glen Leddy, the show's Executive Producer, which said that they are still working on developing a PBS special and a tour of the show.

I love Celtic Woman
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46AM »

There is more information about the Roots of Ireland show in the Lynn Hilary section-Lynn News-Lynn's in a New Show.
I have the promo CD and DVD. They are great. BTW, I recently received an email from Glen Leddy, the show's Executive Producer, which said that they are still working on developing a PBS special and a tour of the show.

is that SERIOUSLY 'recent' news? Ive gone back & forth with Rebecca & Simon (Lisas husband) over the past year on Twitter & they basically said the project wasnt 'progressing' any longer. Hopefully that makes sense but i got the feeling that that project is done & they arent trying to do any more with it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:53AM by CelticWomanFan425 » Logged

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
edtom

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 12:09PM »

is that SERIOUSLY 'recent' news? Ive gone back & forth with Rebecca & Simon (Lisas husband) over the past year on Twitter & they basically said the project wasnt 'progressing' any longer. Hopefully that makes sense but i got the feeling that that project is done & they arent trying to do any more with it.

I quote from the email I received on August 12 from Glen Leddy:
"I actually hope to have news in the next days about a PBS show. Also setting up a tour for the end of summer 2014.
I will update you hopefully shortly.
Glen Leddy"

I love Celtic Woman
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 12:12PM »

I quote from the email I received on August 12 from Glen Leddy:
"I actually hope to have news in the next days about a PBS show. Also setting up a tour for the end of summer 2014.
I will update you hopefully shortly.
Glen Leddy"

oh SWEET!  Shocked Grin I am DYING to see/hear Lynn again in concert & Rebecca & Simon too! (that is if Lynn agrees to leave Ireland and tour again which will probably be quite hard to convince her to do)

*EDIT* Well i sent an email to Glen & asked about an update. He said things are going well with the show & basically what was said above, but he also said that they have a good promoter in the U.S., but also, some of the singers on the tour will have changed from who was on the DVD 'due to time/tour commitments' which means Rebecca will be out because she seems to be on a 'world solo tour' of her own & I dont know much about Simon Casey becaue i dont follow his career. There is a possibility that Simon Morgan could still be on the tour since he still 'does his own thing' while Lisa L tours with CW, so that wont(or shouldnt) change anything. ....and Lynn...well I cant in a million years see her coming to the U.S. for a tour of any kind at all anymore. So at this point WHO KNOWS what kind of thing will end up happening.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:34PM by CelticWomanFan425 » Logged

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 08:29PM »

Are the CD and DVD still available? I did an Internet search, but couldn't find them anywhere.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 08:39PM »

Thanks for sharing these, Misha - I had seen An Maidrin Rua (and gotten it stuck in my head for abut a month, TAR-style  Cheesy ) but I hadn't seen the other one. Love Lynn and Rebecca.  Smiley

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 09:28PM »

Hey ...very  catchy  and  lively.  James  likey .....    Smiley

edtom

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 05:25AM »

Are the CD and DVD still available? I did an Internet search, but couldn't find them anywhere.
Try emailing Glen Leddy at glenleddy@mac.com

I love Celtic Woman
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 07:02AM »

Thanks for sharing these, Misha - I had seen An Maidrin Rua (and gotten it stuck in my head for abut a month, TAR-style  Cheesy ) but I hadn't seen the other one. Love Lynn and Rebecca.  Smiley

You're welcome

Hey ...very  catchy  and  lively.  James  likey .....    Smiley

Hehe glad youre happy

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 09:48PM »

Try emailing Glen Leddy at glenleddy@mac.com

Will do - thanks!   Smiley

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 12:18AM »

Found some more "Roots of Ireland" videos, to add to the two that Misha previously posted:

The "Roots of Ireland" title song with the whole cast:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG9OCLLnltE

The "Last Rose of Summer" featuring Rebecca Winckworth, Lynn Hilary, Simon Morgan and Simon Casey:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXt8IsbG7dU

And the Showcase Trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDnES0teyvc

These were posted about a month ago.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 02:36AM »

OMG this is totally awesome!
And I notice something.  Rebecca sort of sounds like Lisa Lambe, at least in my opinion!

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 10:03AM »

And I notice something.  Rebecca sort of sounds like Lisa Lambe, at least in my opinion!

Glad you enjoyed them, Tiffany. And yes, Rebecca certainly has that lovely Irish lilt to her voice.  Smiley   So nice to see Lynn perform, too.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05PM »

Glad you enjoyed them, Tiffany. And yes, Rebecca certainly has that lovely Irish lilt to her voice.  Smiley   So nice to see Lynn perform, too.

Yeah it's so awesome to see her on stage again.  And Rebecca just gained a new HUGE fan lol!  And she and Lynn sing beautifully together.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: