Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon has release date of 10/29!!!  (Read 18845 times)
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 06:23AM »

Wait so there is no presale code? :S 

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 06:39AM »

Wait so there is no presale code? :S 

Looks like it.  Don't know where the fault lies, but I would say it is right on Amazon.

When I get to work, I am going to call them again and go thermonuclear.  I deal with over 200 vendors for a living so I know how to deal with companies when they screw over a customer.  It is not going to be very pretty.

And now, off to work.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 06:40AM »

AW good luck!! Cheesy

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
hhuff

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 06:52AM »

Quick update, I called customer support after the original chat I posted.  They basically stated it needed to be handled by the promotions department and they don't have a phone number to call for them and that all communication needed to be handled through email.  They also stated it would take 1 - 2 days for them to get back to me.  I tried to emphasize that the tickets were supposed to become available today at 10 am and that the matter needed to be handled by then but even after the representative I spoke with talked with her manager she was unable to help.  So as it stands now I am waiting to hear back from the promotions department.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 07:17AM »

Quick update, I called customer support after the original chat I posted.  They basically stated it needed to be handled by the promotions department and they don't have a phone number to call for them and that all communication needed to be handled through email.  They also stated it would take 1 - 2 days for them to get back to me.  I tried to emphasize that the tickets were supposed to become available today at 10 am and that the matter needed to be handled by then but even after the representative I spoke with talked with her manager she was unable to help.  So as it stands now I am waiting to hear back from the promotions department.

Ok, minor upside: even if tickets do go on sale today no one has the presale code so everyone is out of luck. At a guess, the problem lies somewhere between Ticketmaster & Amazon. Calling and yelling at customer support won't really do all that much as they have no control over any of this, all they can really do is help with the actual ordering process of goods from Amazon. I've emailed CW to see if they have any ideas but it looks like, for now, the only thing to do is wait until it all gets straightened out.

aislin
hhuff

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 07:28AM »

I agree that calling customer support and yelling probably won't produce any results.  Trust me I was quite agreeable and have no plans to berate them.  Just an aside I do believe some people have gotten the promotional code I found someone on twitter (https://twitter.com/itsemilylol) talking about it when desperately searching the web to find out if others had gotten the promo code.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:37AM by hhuff » Logged
hhuff

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32AM »

Ok so another update.  I finally received an email with the promotion code.  The info in the email leads you to a site with all of the concert dates listed including the one I wanted to purchase tickets for which is the one at the Frances-Merrick Hippodrome in Baltimore.  For some reason when you click on the link for that venue it takes you to the ticketmaster website without any way to enter a code to purchase tickets.  Was debating calling them but didn't want to miss out on a chance to purchase really great tickets so instead I purchased some for the concert at Benedum Center for the Performing Arts in Pittsburgh.  Front row center tickets  Grin  I guess now I will wait for the ticketmaster presale for the concert in Baltimore since it seems they aren't participating in the Amazon presale.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 09:00AM »

I got the code a bit after 9:00 this morning

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 10:25AM »

I spent an hour on the phone with Amazon, talking to 5 different people.  Finally got someone who knew what they were doing and apparently it was just some foul up on Amazon's end.  They basically just didn't release the promotion codes.

What's funny is Ticketmaster didn't even ask for it.

Sometimes my experience @ work actually comes in handy.  I've dealt with a lot of companies that are so beyond incompetent *cough, cough* HP *cough, cough* that dealing with Amazon was easy by comparison.

I don't know if my call got it fixed, but at least something did.

And I did get the CD/DVD today from UPS.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:27PM by AggieGuy » Logged
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 07:08PM »

It now shows that my CD, DVD and Blu-Ray have shipped, but have still not gotten the code. 

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 07:14PM »

It now shows that my CD, DVD and Blu-Ray have shipped, but have still not gotten the code. 

Given how long it took for those of us who had it ship last night, it might be 12+ hours before you do.

If you don't, call Amazon tomorrow and raise some you know what.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 07:21PM »

Amazon indicates my DVD/CD was mailed today and I should receive it on Halloween.   Grin

urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2013, 07:52PM »

Amazon.com has indicated my Blu-ray has shipped. Grin
Bad news, it's expected to be here on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 by 8:00pm.

It's coming via DHL from Breinigsville PA though.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 09:55AM »

Given how long it took for those of us who had it ship last night, it might be 12+ hours before you do.

If you don't, call Amazon tomorrow and raise some you know what.

You pretty much hit it right on the head - didn't get the code until 10:07 this morning, 24 hours and 7 minutes late.  Tongue

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
edtom

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 01:37PM »

Got my DVD today. Getting ready for Trick or Treaters, so will have to wait to watch later.

I love Celtic Woman
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: