Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Emerald Tour  (Read 26431 times)
Believe

Celtic Woman is a blessing from God

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 05:59PM »

Probally Mairead Carlin right? Though, I miss Chloe. Cry

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 07:45PM »

I hope they keep Nil and Teir Abhaile Riu! I like the way its set up for the last tour. Having a dancing number in both acts is so much fun! I don't really want them to make Nil the opening cuz it was so much fun the way they performed it this last tour! Especially cuz the choir and band caught to come out and party in the aisles! SO MUCH FUN!
LegallyBlondfan

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 07:49PM »

I think that's going to be Mairead Carlin. isn't it?
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 08:38PM »

I hope they keep Nil and Teir Abhaile Riu! I like the way its set up for the last tour. Having a dancing number in both acts is so much fun! I don't really want them to make Nil the opening cuz it was so much fun the way they performed it this last tour! Especially cuz the choir and band caught to come out and party in the aisles! SO MUCH FUN!
I really hope they keep TAR. It looks like I'll actually be going to Pensacola. I haven't ordered my ticket yet, so I don't know where I'll sit, so my probability of being Lambenated, while very low, is still not zero.  It would be really nice if the stage at the Sanger Auditorium is deep enough for the carousel maneuver.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:51PM by Wyle_E » Logged

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
edtom

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 03:54AM »

I agree.

I love Celtic Woman
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 08:15AM »

I really hope they keep TAR. It looks like I'll actually be going to Pensacola. I haven't ordered my ticket yet, so I don't know where I'll sit, so my probability of being Lambenated, while very low, is still not zero.  It would be really nice if the stage at the Sanger Auditorium is deep enough for the carousel maneuver.
The carousel also depends on the size of the choir. Last tour, they would've had plenty of room to do it on most stages. The problem was they only had 4 choir members (2 girls, 2 guys) and so they couldn't manage it. I hope they go back to at least 6 choir members. It'll be interesting though. I wonder if Dermot will still be touring with the choir?
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 08:24AM »

I still wonder who gets to play Chloe Agnew's parts?

That will be Mairead Carlin. She's fantastic though I know we all still love and miss Chloe.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 11:13AM »

I really hope they keep TAR. It looks like I'll actually be going to Pensacola. I haven't ordered my ticket yet, so I don't know where I'll sit, so my probability of being Lambenated, while very low, is still not zero.  It would be really nice if the stage at the Sanger Auditorium is deep enough for the carousel maneuver.
The carousel also depends on the size of the choir. Last tour, they would've had plenty of room to do it on most stages. The problem was they only had 4 choir members (2 girls, 2 guys) and so they couldn't manage it. I hope they go back to at least 6 choir members. It'll be interesting though. I wonder if Dermot will still be touring with the choir?

I have wondered that also.  Since Chloe left it is possible that Dermot may not be back.  They could have done the carousel this year using Ray as a substitue for the missing choir member.  I doubt they will go back to six choir members.  They used to have eight choir members and four singers.  It has shrunk over the years.  Now they did not even film a new television special for the new tour.  It looks like they will use the South Bend concert this year to promote next year's tour on PBS.  The management is always looking to keep cutting costs.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:15AM by Hubert » Logged

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 02:55PM »

Dermot is going on the European tour, he has posted. Hopefully, that will be true for the Emerald Tour as well!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 07:33PM »

I personally wish they'd bring back Spanish Lady for the encore number. I REALLY miss that song! Only thing is it'd require the stage to go back to the older designs. The girls can't exactly swish those voluminous dresses while charging down that flight of stairs.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 09:17PM »

Dermot is going on the European tour, he has posted. Hopefully, that will be true for the Emerald Tour as well!

I would guess he'll probably be done after the European tour.  It would be a real surprise if he continued on tour without Chloe being there.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 09:19PM »

I'd like to see them do At The Céilí rather than just have a small part of it @ the very end of the show.
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 02:38AM »

I really hope they keep TAR. It looks like I'll actually be going to Pensacola. I haven't ordered my ticket yet, so I don't know where I'll sit, so my probability of being Lambenated, while very low, is still not zero.  It would be really nice if the stage at the Sanger Auditorium is deep enough for the carousel maneuver.
In the second Believe tour, one of the pipers stood in for the missing choir guy, but at the show I saw, they didn't have room for the carousel, so they danced it as three couples.  Of course, it will be a while before we know if TAR is in the Emerald tour.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:43AM by Wyle_E » Logged

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 03:56AM »

I'd like to see them do At The Céilí rather than just have a small part of it @ the very end of the show.

The extended and full version of this song? I think Lisa K, Meav and Orla were the original singers of this song.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 05:12AM »

The extended and full version of this song? I think Lisa K, Meav and Orla were the original singers of this song.

I think At the Ceili might have been on the very first tour (when Méav was on maternity leave) so Deirdre might have been the first girl torn between two guys.

That being said, I'd love to see it in full in the show again, maybe they could do a couple of 'Ceili' numbers back to back (like NSL or TAR and ATC). I always thought they could do Spanish Lady as a sort of Ceili song.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: