Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Emerald Tour  (Read 26456 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 05:29AM »

I'd like to see them do At The Céilí rather than just have a small part of it @ the very end of the show.

The extended and full version of this song? I think Lisa K, Meav and Orla were the original singers of this song.

I think At the Ceili might have been on the very first tour (when Méav was on maternity leave) so Deirdre might have been the first girl torn between two guys.

That being said, I'd love to see it in full in the show again, maybe they could do a couple of 'Ceili' numbers back to back (like NSL or TAR and ATC). I always thought they could do Spanish Lady as a sort of Ceili song.

I mean, they did both NSL and TAR last year so anything's possible

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 08:59AM »

I'd prefer only one Ceili song. I looove them, but it should stay a very special entr'acte. At The Ceili is my favourite, and the original singers were, btw, Lisa K, Órlagh and Deirdre. I would love them to do it again! Susan as Lisa and Lisa and Mairéad... Umm... Dunno, I know too little by Mairéad, yet.

I would like them to do Ni Na La as a ceili song!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 09:50AM »

I'd prefer only one Ceili song. I looove them, but it should stay a very special entr'acte. At The Ceili is my favourite, and the original singers were, btw, Lisa K, Órlagh and Deirdre. I would love them to do it again! Susan as Lisa and Lisa and Mairéad... Umm... Dunno, I know too little by Mairéad, yet.

Negative on the first point. I LOVE the Ceili numbers! They could do all three of them (At The Ceili, Nil Sen La, and Teir Abhaile Riu) and I'd LOVE it! I doubt they will though. I imagine that'd be a bit exhausting on the girls.

Most they've done is 2. SFTH they used Nil as the opening number and ATC was the true Ceili number in the second act. But I prefer the way they did it for this year's World Tour with TAR being the Ceili song in the first act and Nil being the Ceili number in the second act.

Also, I love the idea of Ni Na La but I'm worried that its too much like Nil Sen La. So I honestly don't see it happening. But with the addition of Mairead Carlin, who plays the accordian, I can see the girls doing a version of Whiskey In The Jar similar to The High Kings version. But NOT like that God-awful version Celtic Thunder came out with. Ugh! Hated that version.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 09:52AM »

I agree. Celtic Thunder turned Whiskey In The Jar into a rock song.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 09:58AM »

Negative on the first point. I LOVE the Ceili numbers! They could do all three of them (At The Ceili, Nil Sen La, and Teir Abhaile Riu) and I'd LOVE it! I doubt they will though. I imagine that'd be a bit exhausting on the girls.

Most they've done is 2. SFTH they used Nil as the opening number and ATC was the true Ceili number in the second act. But I prefer the way they did it for this year's World Tour with TAR being the Ceili song in the first act and Nil being the Ceili number in the second act.

Also, I love the idea of Ni Na La but I'm worried that its too much like Nil Sen La. So I honestly don't see it happening. But with the addition of Mairead Carlin, who plays the accordian, I can see the girls doing a version of Whiskey In The Jar similar to The High Kings version. But NOT like that God-awful version Celtic Thunder came out with. Ugh! Hated that version.

I love ceili songs too. That's the reason why I want only one. It should stay the show's highlight!

I think Ni Na La is totally different than Nil Sen La...

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2013, 10:34AM »

I love ceili songs too. That's the reason why I want only one. It should stay the show's highlight!

I can't speak for the original versions, but if you compare CW's version of Nil with Orla Fallon's Ni Na La, the lyrics are pretty similar. At least the translations I've come across.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35AM »

I agree. Celtic Thunder turned Whiskey In The Jar into a rock song.
Yeah. They did the same thing with Black Is The Colour and I was just appalled.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 11:18AM »

I would LOVE for them to do all 3 "Ceili" numbers.  That would be amazing!

And actually, Celtic Thunder was not the original group who turned Whiskey in the Jar into a rock song.  It was some other group...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:32AM by Tiffany Gray (Lil' Fuzzball) » Logged

Believe

Celtic Woman is a blessing from God

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 12:32PM »

I would like them to sing Somewhere again

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36PM »

I would like them to sing Somewhere again

I would love that, and maybe The Soft Goodbye!  I LOVE that song, and I never got to see it live!

Believe

Celtic Woman is a blessing from God

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36PM »

That is great too! Smiley

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 02:06PM »

I do hope they keep she moved thru' the fair. I love that one and I saw it for the first time this past tour

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 11:13PM »

I do hope they keep she moved thru' the fair. I love that one and I saw it for the first time this past tour

Agreed!  I didn't get to see it live, so I hope they keep it, and the new arrangement of "The Parting Glass!"

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 08:09AM »

Agreed!  I didn't get to see it live, so I hope they keep it, and the new arrangement of "The Parting Glass!"
I LOVED the new version of The Parting Glass! It was a stunning vocal arrangement.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2013, 12:31PM »

I can't speak for the original versions, but if you compare CW's version of Nil with Orla Fallon's Ni Na La, the lyrics are pretty similar. At least the translations I've come across.

Maybe, I can't speak Irish (sadly), so I don't know. But the sound is totally different!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: