Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home For Christmas DVD Reviews  (Read 40091 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 08:33PM »

I have both the standard and Blu-ray discs.  If you have the equipment, get the Blu-ray, it's incredible! I took the standard version to work to watch on my laptop when I could, but watched the Blu-ray when I got home-no comparison!

Great to hear! Grin

I wish they would release SftH and Believe at the Fox on Blu-ray.

I had great luck getting them to come to Saskatoon, so let's see what I can come up with. Wink

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
tchristina23

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 08:43PM »

First time I ever saw Ray in a shirt with sleeves.

No Chloe, but that is her father on oboe, correct?

Yes it was nice to see Ray in a different color shirt, other than black...
Yes that was Chloes dad on the oboe.

I also noticed Sarah in the audience. They picked her up twice I think.
turbodaxter1980

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 06:12AM »

Lets all buy the Blueray version (even when you dont have a player) so they see it sells well and release all the other concerts (including the missing songs as extras so the fans have a reason to buy them again)
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 10:57AM »

Lets all buy the Blueray version (even when you dont have a player) so they see it sells well and release all the other concerts (including the missing songs as extras so the fans have a reason to buy them again)

Some of the missing songs, such as from SFtH are because of copyright issues so they cannot legally release them for sale unless those issues are resolved.
turbodaxter1980

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 11:45AM »

I understand the legal issues but still pretty confusing, all the songs that are missing are already released as a mp3

And i believe that Calorina Rua is on Lynns album is released by The same label as the Cw stuff

Just let us al hope good things will come in the future (the south bend recording on dvd i hope)

I still have to wait 11 days till my blue ray arrives
Gribblie24

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 03:54PM »

I have both the standard and Blu-ray discs.  If you have the equipment, get the Blu-ray, it's incredible! I took the standard version to work to watch on my laptop when I could, but watched the Blu-ray when I got home-no comparison!

Great to hear! Grin

I wish they would release SftH and Believe at the Fox on Blu-ray.

I had great luck getting them to come to Saskatoon, so let's see what I can come up with. Wink

Ditto, I was there for the first night's recording at The Fabulous Fox and have many pieces of the Mylar confetti to show for it.
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 05:15AM »

I pre ordered mine yesterday! It will be out in Germany on November 15th! I'm so exited!

flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 12:17PM »

Received my blu-ray today and all I can say is WOW!

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 03:07PM »

Received my blu-ray today and all I can say is WOW!

Yes, I've had mine for two days now and keep trying to think of what to write on this thread, and that's the only word I can think of, too.   Cheesy

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
MaryNorth93
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 07:10AM »

Nice thread, I like the comments so far. (Have to wait for another two weeks for it's released over here and I suck at avoiding spoilers, so I'll just wait and read  Roll Eyes )

I have yet to see it, but what I like about it so far is that the music is a nice selection of traditional and modern christmas songs. (I can't wait to see We Three Kings performed  Grin) Everyone celebrates christmas differently, and I guess everyone will find moments and songs to love in this show.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 10:38AM »

Just saw it last night and I must say this is by far the best Christmas DVD yet! The dresses were beautiful and it was nice seeing Meav again. The stage design was lovely and the music was fantastic as usual. I do miss Chloe and Lisa but it is a nice change out of voices and their voices blended really well.

Thanks Lindsey
sammiesoprano22

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 11:12AM »

HOLY COW!!!!! My DVD came today (what are the odds of it coming the day after my signed poster <3 ) The lineup may change, but CW will never cease to amaze me! Loved how well Lisa, Susan and Meav all blended vocally together!

<3 Celtic Woman CWazy fan forever <3
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 11:21AM »

The  next  three and  a half  days  are  going t be  sheer  agony  for me waiting  for  mine  to  arrive ......  Tongue

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 10:32PM »

A few impressions, after living with it for a couple of days…(if you haven't seen it yet, don't read if you want to be surprised)

Just a personal thing, I tend to like the hymns more than the carols, and the combination of a hymn and Méav singing it is magic. I've yet to be able to watch her sing my all-time favorite hymn (What Child is This) without choking up a little. Her "Silent Night" with the choir holding lit candles behind her is also mind-blowing. So incredibly awesome to see her with the group again. Like Lisa K, it just seems when Méav is singing, no matter what's going on in life, everything is going to be OK.

Susan always looks nice, but she's particularly stunning in this show. The dresses they chose for her suit her perfectly. And I absolutely love her "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" with the gospel choir. Breathtaking. Wouldn't be surprised if that became a signature song of hers. I can totally hear Chloe doing it too, but Susan nailed it. The concert I saw in March was my first time seeing Susan perform, so it's good to be able to have this performance on disc and get to know her better. As per usual with "newer" members (although she's been with the group awhile now, this is the first DVD), I enjoy her performances more every time I see them.

I would have liked to see more Mairéad. Her "Carol of the Bells" is terrific as an instrumental, with her usual energy and virtuosity. I would have liked to see at least one more solo, and have her featured more during the other numbers. You can never have too much fairy fiddler, in my opinion.

I must admit that before I heard L'il Lambe sing "Auld Lang Syne," I never really cared for it all that much. But her emotional treatment of the song totally turned it around for me - I think it's one of the highlights of the show. Love the way she reacts to what people in the audience are doing while she's singing. She'll turn and look and see somebody, and flash a toothy smile without missing a note. Her lilt is perfect for this song. Just beautiful, and David's understated arrangement is perfect.

A few other highlights were "O Tannenbaum" in three languages (especially Lisa's German) - and "The Light of Christmas Morn". I'm embarrassed to say I'm not very familiar with this song, but I love it. I would have thought I'd heard all the Christmas songs there were to hear, but this one took me by surprise. Kind of like "Christmas Pipes" did in the first Christmas special. While "It's Beginning to Look at Lot…" isn't a favorite song, I do like the staging with the red dresses and the snow - it's the song that has a little bit of the playful feel that "Let It Snow" had. And finally, I thought "Joy to the World" was the perfect choice for the finale, a joyful and triumphant tune that the girls and choir deliver beautifully. And I do like the bonus material, too - just something a little different (I could listen to those ladies talk, as well as sing, all day…sigh.)

Nice to see Chloe's dad playing with the orchestra, and a couple of familiar faces in the choir. And of course, our own Kirstie "representing" for the forum.  Grin

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 04:23AM »

Travelling Spaceman, thank you for your post!!! But one question: I thought What Child Is This and Silent Night are hymns, aren't they? o.O

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: