Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need love and some hugs...  (Read 10916 times)
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« on: November 14, 2013, 07:36AM »

Hi everyone,     some of you know what`s going on with my nanny position and how hard it`s been. I decided this morning that I`m giving my 2 weeks. The mom is being a bully and overly controlling and taking all her anger and frustration out on me. I don`t deserve this or have to put up with it. They also haven`t paid me in 5 weeks, when we agreed on every 2 weeks when i accepted the position. They keep saying they`ll pay me when they can, but they haven`t. I could be picking up more shifts at my other job, and actually working somewhere i still like to work. I just haven`t figured out how to tell the family. We`ve been friends for awhile, and i don`t want to lose their friendship, but i can`t stay here as their nanny anymore either... Not with how she`s (the mom) treating me lately. They need someone to get their kids up and on the bus in the morning, cause they both leave early. And if i quit, they`ll have to figure that out themselves... Which isn`t my problem, and i`m not going to let it stop me anymore.    it`s just a really hard decision that still hurts.. And i don`t know if it`s "right" but this is just making my depression/anxiety even worse

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:51AM »

Sarah, in this case you have to be a little selfish and think of what`s best for Sarah. Just go ahead and tell them politely...even if they get mad...keep your cool. The stress you`re going through isn`t worth it. I think you know what you have to do...the sooner the better.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:43AM »

Tell them you can get more work at your other job and be paid for it.  Tell them you need the money.

I can't figure out why someone would bully you and not pay you at the same time.  That is really low.

I'm not sure why you still value their friendship after what has happened.

Best of luck and God bless.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13AM »

You need to do what is right for you Sarah, not them. The stress isn't worth it as you said, and I agree with you. Tell them politely that you won't do anymore work until they pay you and that there are other jobs you can go to where you CAN get paid. You need the money. It's not fair how she's bullying you.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 11:06AM »

What everyone else said. You need to take care of you. Also, you are giving a two weeks notice, when you could just quit and leave.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:14AM »

I wouldn't give them 2 weeks for free when they already owe you for past work.  I would leave today.
sunflower
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 04:18PM »

The decision to leave is hard but your happiness and health is more important. Know that we're here for you and we'll support you no matter what! *big hugs*
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 04:56PM »

I actually had a fight with the mom this morning, and stormed out and came back to my parents house...

I'm gonna stay here till Monday afternoon till I see my therapist... then go from there I think..

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 05:07PM »

tell them that if you don`t get the rest of the  money they owe you, you know someone in R,I. that`ll unleash a herd of killer squirrels in their house  Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 10:28AM »

tell them that if you don`t get the rest of the  money they owe you, you know someone in R,I. that`ll unleash a herd of killer squirrels in their house  Roll Eyes

That must be the same bunch of squirrels that attacked that guy on the TV commercial.   Cheesy

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52PM »

That must be the same bunch of squirrels that attacked that guy on the TV commercial.   Cheesy
well, I DO have a sign on the gate going into my backyard "BEWARE OF ATTACK SQUIRREL"

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 03:19PM »

Cool, Kevin.  I wish you could get a picture of it and post it on the forum.

kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 04:08PM »

Sarah sometimes you really have to take care of number one. I have always thought a job that makes you unhappy isn't worth it, it has a serious impact on your own personal life. My first job was like that, in a Nursery, with two women twice my age who had worked together 18 years, I felt insignificant and like you I was bullied.

The family should keep to their word, if you have an agreement on when your paid they should stick to it. I honestly hope you get it sorted! Please just think about yourself in this situation, and make the choice which makes you happier in yourself! Massive hugs hun! X

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 06:06PM »

Sarah sometimes you really have to take care of number one. I have always thought a job that makes you unhappy isn't worth it, it has a serious impact on your own personal life.

The family should keep to their word, if you have an agreement on when your paid they should stick to it. I honestly hope you get it sorted! Please just think about yourself in this situation, and make the choice which makes you happier in yourself! Massive hugs hun! X

Couldn't have said it better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: