Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bells Palsy?  (Read 47507 times)
sunflower
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 05:04PM »

no matter what...we LOVE our Kirstie! Kiss

We certainly do! Kiss Kiss

*hugs* I'll pray for a speedy recovery.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 05:15PM »

no matter what...we LOVE our Kirstie! Kiss

We certainly do! Kiss Kiss

*hugs* I'll pray for a speedy recovery.

Aw thanks guys! I love you all too :-) honestly means so much to me! Smiley Kiss

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 05:30PM »

I had a friend who had 2 episodes of Bells Palsy: about 10 years ago and then again this year.  Both times, with medication it went away after a month or so. 

kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 05:46PM »

I had a friend who had 2 episodes of Bells Palsy: about 10 years ago and then again this year.  Both times, with medication it went away after a month or so. 

Aw brilliant! At least it can be treated (a lot of what I've read online has said otherwise) still a chance it's not Bell's palsy, time will tell Smiley thank you

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 05:56PM »

Aw brilliant! At least it can be treated (a lot of what I've read online has said otherwise) still a chance it's not Bell's palsy, time will tell Smiley thank you

Everyone is different.  Sometimes treatments help, sometimes it just has to wear off on its own.  The vast majority recover with or without treatment and no lasting effects. The problem is no one really knows what causes it, although there are numerous theories.  Most likely there are numerous causes so that is why treatments work for some and not others.  Either way, if the doctor thinks it is BP, then she/he will start treatment right away.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 06:19AM »

I'm eventually back from the doctors!!
It definitely is Bell's palsy, so I've now got a ton of tablets to take, which will hopefully get me back to normal a bit quicker. She was concerned about my tongue because I said it felt like it was going to one side and as if I'd burnt it. So I'm being referred to ent to get that checked as well. Only downside to the medication is that I have to tape my eye shut which probably means I can't drive, and need to explain it to the kids in work Sad

I'm so glad to know what it is & have something to help it a little! Smiley
Thank you all so much for the information & support Smiley I honestly do love you guys  Kiss

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 07:14AM »

Best wishes and major HIGS for a speedy recovery. Instead of taping your eye shut, maybe you could buy an eye patch at the pharmacy...okay....in your case, the chemist shoppe .You might look like a pirate but it should be more comfortable.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 07:31AM »

As weird as it may sound, it is good to find out what it is and that it isn't something really bad.  As Kevin suggested, you can get an eye patch to cover the affected eye, that's what my boss did.  (Just don't do Jack Sparrow imitations.)  Also, don't forget to put eye drops in the affected eye to keep it from drying out.  Get better soon; I'll keep saying a prayer for you.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 11:22AM »

I'm eventually back from the doctors!!
It definitely is Bell's palsy, so I've now got a ton of tablets to take, which will hopefully get me back to normal a bit quicker. She was concerned about my tongue because I said it felt like it was going to one side and as if I'd burnt it. So I'm being referred to ent to get that checked as well. Only downside to the medication is that I have to tape my eye shut which probably means I can't drive, and need to explain it to the kids in work Sad

I'm so glad to know what it is & have something to help it a little! Smiley
Thank you all so much for the information & support Smiley I honestly do love you guys  Kiss

Kirstie, sending lots of love and hugs your way. Hope it brightens your day in the same way that you brighten ours. We love you back.

Praying that you get better real soon. Let us know how you're doing. We care.

Kiss

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 11:37AM »

Best wishes, and massive hugs for Kirstie. Keep us posted, we love and care about you very much. Kiss

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 11:49AM »

I've been away for several days and come back to .....this.  Thank God it is nothing really serious.  I am praying for a speedy recovery.  Much love to the Lass from Belfast, big higs!!  Smiley

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 01:40PM »

Best wishes and major HIGS for a speedy recovery. Instead of taping your eye shut, maybe you could buy an eye patch at the pharmacy...okay....in your case, the chemist shoppe .You might look like a pirate but it should be more comfortable.

Ha I like the thought of being a pirate, but unfortunately it has to be taped shut, as I can't blink fully, and don't want to end up with a dry eye Sad
I'm going to start taking the anti-viral, steroids & eye drops tomorrow, so hopefully I'll soon be on track to a normal face lol. Trying to figure out a way to still drive while having one eye basically out of action for a while. As I said in work, I can just about drive with 2 eyes haha.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, prayers, hugs & higs Smiley  Kiss

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 01:48PM »

be extra careful removing the tape, you don`t want to pull your lashes out....ouch!

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 01:57PM »

I'd better not, I love my eyelashes haha! I'd much rather not tape my eye shut because it means no driving Sad

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2013, 02:00PM »

Please don't drive with the eye patch.  Your field of vision is cut in half and that is not good.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: