Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dorm/classmate issues at uni  (Read 5950 times)
Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« on: November 25, 2013, 02:51PM »

I'm really not sure how to start this, but one of my dorm/classmates Anastasia. is having the same trouble that I had last year: Stuff happens at uni, which affects grades, which then affects family relationships. It's not the transition that's the main problem, but fulfilling parents' expectations, like seeing a play-by-play of what happened. I really hope that she doesn't have to go through all of what happened last year: parents constantly threatening to quit helping with tuition/pulling you from the dorms, and trying to make sure that you don't have any social life to punish you from x miles away.  If you could keep her in your thoughts that would probably help a lot. 

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
sunflower
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:02PM »

She'll be in my thoughts. As well as the other students who are having hard times at university. Hope everything gets better, Lanti.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05PM »

She'll be in my thoughts Lanti, along with everyone else who is having a hard time.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:18PM »

She's in my thoughts! I've never been through anything like that but it's a tough way to feel! Hope she's gets through it okay Kiss

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:53PM »

That's just not right.  University is hard, but it shouldn't be a miserable experience.  It should be challenging and fun, and a chance to grow as a person, on your own.  All parents want their kids to do well in life, but some of them go too far, like what you went through last year.  That doesn't help the students.  It only makes things harder for them.  I never had to go through that in college, but I can imagine it's miserable.  You have enough on your plate already.  I will definitely be thinking of her, and please keep us updated.

Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 09:42PM »

Just an update: So far Anastasia seems to be doing okay. She does have a lot of friends to support her, and her boyfriend Andrew especially.  Family-wise I'm not sure. Hopefully she stays in the dorm next semester...

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: