Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emerald: Musical Gems (South Bend Show) On WTTA  (Read 24072 times)
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 03:15PM »

It should be very easy for anyone who follows CW, even casually, to ID if it is the South Bend show.  If Chloe, Lisa L, Susan, and Mairead are in it along with David, then it has to be South Bend.  Or, just look for Lisa putting on someone's hat during TAR.

The show I attended here in my town was about a week before South Bend, and all the songs that are listed in the description for the CD/DVD were in the show I saw. So it certainly seems like it could be South Bend.

Just emailed our local PBS affiliate and asked them if they have any information on when it will be shown here. We'll see what they say.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
oregongirl29
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 03:56PM »

The funny thing is, the South Bend concert is basically Believe.

I think I'll pass until it is on Amazon.  I'd rather spend the $96 on something else.

I agree, $96 dollars is like a month's worth of groceries for us. Also if it's on Amazon then it will be in stores and a lot cheaper.
Excalibur

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 04:25PM »

My thoughts exactly  Grin

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 05:39PM »

Lisa confirmed on Twitter that the South Bend show is this DVD.

Personally, I think calling it "Emerald" is a bit deceptive unless they intend to simply repeat the 2013 tour next year.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 05:56PM »

NVM.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:21PM by urbanracer34 » Logged

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 08:15PM »

Most of "my" capper friends are not responding (one did, but he doesn't have the necessary feed to actually do the "work"), and my friend who was going to "confirm" if it was south bend (before we even knew) can't get to a TV because some @$$ (doughnut) HOLE is hoarding it!

TL;DR: Unless one of my capper friends can pull a horseshoe out of somewhere dark, we'll have to wait until the DVD/Blu-ray comes out, or if I could find a copy on Usenet. Cry
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:20PM by urbanracer34 » Logged

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 08:23PM »

I did everything I could to find a stream online, but alas, no go.  Either they didn't work at all, or came up as "offline."

Oh well, it's not like it is something really new.  Most of us saw pretty much the same show already.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 08:24PM »

I'd guess that it will be exclusive to PBS for awhile - it gives them something to offer potential members/donors that they can't get anywhere else. Once the PBS stations have gotten their marketing mileage out of it, then later it will go on sale to the general public at the usual price levels. Not 100% sure, but that's the way it usually works. "Home for Christmas" being available on Amazon before it aired on PBS was very unusual.

oregongirl29
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 08:41PM »

I'm not dissing PBS or anything, but why does everything have to go through them first?
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 08:48PM »

I'm not dissing PBS or anything, but why does everything have to go through them first?

Probably because if it wasn't for PBS, CW wouldn't exist.  They've been tied together since Day 1.
oregongirl29
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52PM »

Gotcha, but still that's a lot of money. Also with the economy right now nobody has that kind of cash.
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 08:56PM »

Gotcha, but still that's a lot of money. Also with the economy right now nobody has that kind of cash.

It's just like with the M&G.  Why are some $100-$300, but others are $450 to nearly $1000? (I think I remember hearing one M&G was that much.)  Someone will spend the money.  Also, donations to PBS are tax deductible.

Personally, I think some PBS stations get greedy.  I passed on Houston PBS' M&G because I could not justify $450 for just myself.
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 08:57PM »

I think PBS has noticed that, too - they used to collect memberships as one-time payments. I noticed that on the Home for Christmas showing, they're now offering monthly payments, for example, "$96, or 12 monthly payments of $8."

oregongirl29
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 09:01PM »

With the meet and greets I wouldn't spend 4 or 5 hundred dollars just to get one picture and then booted out the door, sorry
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 09:02PM »

You will be able to get the cd/dvd for a normal price when they are released for sale everywhere.
My guess is that some clips will appear on Youtube before that time. Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: