Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Bend Premiere Broadcast 12/11/13 WTTW  (Read 8604 times)
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 10:24PM »

I have a question Misha. Did it (Emerald/South Bend) have as many shots of the audience as the HFC DVD? I felt like HFC had a little bit too much of the audience.

Yes, it had just as much, but this past year's tour saw an incredible amount of audience involvement in the show, not simply reactions as with HfC. Audience shots are well timed to correspond to when the audience became active participants, and gratuitous audience closeups are kept minimal. I dont think you'll be diasppointed in the slightest.

Think back to "Granuaile's Dance" on the ANJ dvd. Remember that older gentleman who rocked out to the fast paced rhythm for a moment and then they cut to Mairead's reaction to his enthusiasm? The reason that was highlighted was because the audience member engaged in a unique way with the music at that moment. Many audience shots during Emerald have a focus on unique engagement similar to that moment from ANJ. Its really well edited and quite an adventure to watch
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:34PM by littlecubspirit » Logged

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Louis97

For the fire is flaming gold....

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 10:46PM »

I have a question Misha. Did it (Emerald/South Bend) have as many shots of the audience as the HFC DVD? I felt like HFC had a little bit too much of the audience.

Yes, it had just as much, but this past year's tour saw an incredible amount of audience involvement in the show, not simply reactions as with HfC. Audience shots are well timed to correspond to when the audience became active participants, and gratuitous audience closeups are kept minimal. I dont think you'll be diasppointed in the slightest.

Think back to "Granuaile's Dance" on the ANJ dvd. Remember that older gentleman who rocked out to the fast paced rhythm for a moment and then they cut to Mairead's reaction to his enthusiasm? The reason that was highlighted was because the audience member engaged in a unique way with the music at that moment. Many audience shots during Emerald have a focus on unique engagement similar to that moment from ANJ. Its really well edited and quite an adventure to watch

Thanks for the swift response! I felt as though the audience shots in HFC served no purpose and kind of took away from the girls. Don't get me wrong, the every-so-often brief shots in the previous DVDs of someone enthustically enjoying the show make me smile. But in HFC, it seemed as though everytime I got comfortable focusing in the girls it flashed a clip of some random person. So, I'm glad to hear that in Emerald they actually add to the enjoyment.

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52PM »

Thanks for the swift response! I felt as though the audience shots in HFC served no purpose and kind of took away from the girls. Don't get me wrong, the every-so-often brief shots in the previous DVDs of someone enthustically enjoying the show make me smile. But in HFC, it seemed as though everytime I got comfortable focusing in the girls it flashed a clip of some random person. So, I'm glad to hear that in Emerald they actually add to the enjoyment.

Grin You're welcome.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: