Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mairead's Upcoming Album  (Read 33501 times)
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 11:40AM »

Ok I will share what I know as being her forum admin. I asked her right out when and she said not right now as she wants to devote 100% of herself to Celtic Woman so she doesn't even have any idea as to when it will come out. It is all done and just waiting for her to say release it. Hope this helps

It does help Glen. I understand and respect her decision. Thanks for telling us. No wonder she never responded to my question regarding the release date on Twitter. Cheesy

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
celtic.cutie

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48PM »

Hoping it doesn't end up in the same place as Lisa's solo DVD, however, I totally support her decision. Yet the selfish part of me just wants to listen to it right now!

Hey, I'm Anne! Shocked)
The Quiet Man

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 10:44AM »

In a recent tweet she indicated that "Songbook" doesn't even belong to her (presumably it belongs to the label) so it's not even hers to release.  She herself doesn't even own a copy.   
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 06:32PM »

Yes her album will not be released she is no longer with that record label. Im the one she was telling she didn't own it and she don't even have a copy of it when I asked her if I could get a copy but her old label has trashed the cd so that's on we will never here

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2015, 06:33PM »

Yes her album will not be released she is no longer with that record label. Im the one she was telling she didn't own it and she don't even have a copy of it when I asked her if I could get a copy but her old label has trashed the cd so that's on we will never here
  That's  a  shame.  Was  looking  forward.    Sad 

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 08:22PM »

That makes me really sad. Sad Well I hope she records another one in the future.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 08:29AM »

Mairéad HAS an upcoming album . but it#s not Songbook. In fact, it's an album with songs by Don Black.

Do you know him? He's a lyricist who worked a lot with Andrew Lloyd Webber (interestingly, Mai's singing teacher is ALW's collegue and conductor and she's close friends with ALW's son) and wrote lyrics for his musicals Tell Me An A Sunday, Aspects Of Love, Sunset Boulevard and Stephen Ward. He also wrote James ond themes and a song for (or with) Hayley.

Mai just released a clip of recording on of the songs in Australia, with Mái N:
https://instagram.com/p/7wg26PMl37/?taken-by=maireadcarlinsings

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 09:37AM »

Mairéad HAS an upcoming album . but it#s not Songbook. In fact, it's an album with songs by Don Black.

Do you know him? He's a lyricist who worked a lot with Andrew Lloyd Webber (interestingly, Mai's singing teacher is ALW's collegue and conductor and she's close friends with ALW's son) and wrote lyrics for his musicals Tell Me An A Sunday, Aspects Of Love, Sunset Boulevard and Stephen Ward. He also wrote James ond themes and a song for (or with) Hayley.

Mai just released a clip of recording on of the songs in Australia, with Mái N:
https://instagram.com/p/7wg26PMl37/?taken-by=maireadcarlinsings
Saw the Instagram clip. Didn't know she was doing an album! Exciting!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 10:42AM »

Well, she said she did an album with some other artists but I think she does her own, too. Both with Don Black songs. Also, she mentioned recording a song for a Hollywood movie.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 11:40AM »

OMG that makes me EXCITED AND HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear the album!

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 04:00PM »

She has just posted on FB and Twitter that an album has been released WITHOUT HER PERMISSION.  She signed away the rights and so has no control over this one.   Sad
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29AM »

She has just posted on FB and Twitter that an album has been released WITHOUT HER PERMISSION.  She signed away the rights and so has no control over this one.   Sad

I saw this post. She seemed upset that the old album was being released (ostensibly because she feels that the songs don't truly reflect her own personal style and tastes as a musician) and also upset (rightly so, if you ask me) that it was being released without her permission. At the same time, I couldn't help but feel a semblance of pride for our girl! She was upset it was released without her permission but also took responsibility in admitting that she shouldn't have signed away the rights to it. She owned her mistake and took the time to warn others about it and to request that we not purchase it so the label doesn't make money off of her name and her voice.

I personally WILL NOT buy the album in my show of support for Mairead. I hope others (seeing as I'm not even on Facebook because I just don't have time for that) will help advocate a boycott of that album from we, Mairead's fans.

Also very excited by the prospect of her recording her own solo album. She says she wants to get into studio after this tour during the summer and create her own solo album. I will wait for it patiently and will purchase it when it's ready to go!

In the meantime, YOU GO MAIREAD! We love you and will always support you!
The Quiet Man

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2016, 10:41AM »

Yes, I was the one who alerted her by posting it to her page, wondering if it could be a mistake or a trick and asking her to confirm whether this was in fact happening.  Turns out she was none too pleased, and I don't blame her, since apparently the label took advantage of the fact that she was pretty young.  I am not sure how to feel about this, but I suppose she would have found out eventually, maybe after its release.  The worst thing that would have happened would be if someone buttonholed her post-concert and asked her to sign a copy.  I didn't order it, I don't think I will, it's clearly not what MC wants.  I don't know about boycotting, that sounds too close to white knighting, and will not score anyone points with MC (which fans shouldn't be trying to do in the first place).  What I will say is that now it's out there, and anyone who does buy it should know all the facts, and if you do buy it, don't go looking for her to sign it.       
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2016, 01:37PM »

Reminds me of what MGM used to do to young actresses in the 30s/40s...

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2016, 07:49PM »

Bringing up this discussion again as the album has now been released and some advertisers (via Twitter and maybe Facebook) are trying to get CW fans to buy it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: