Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mo Ghile Mear  (Read 12497 times)
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 05:24AM »

The only thing that bothers me is those incessant pesky audience shots. I don't go to their concerts to see the audience, so why are forced to see them on the DVD. I just want to see the girls!! That's where the focus should be!!!

you can see several forum members in those crowd shots, including 2 singing along. on one hand i agree with you and see your point, but ....

CW wants to sell CDs DVDs, and tickets to shows. So showing a bunch of people enjoying themselves can only have a positive affect on sales. The audience can also be interesting in its own right. Like in the sizzle reel, they show a bunch of nuns at the show. How often do you see nuns in the orchestra pit?! Plus they show young and old, male and female, etc a very diverse group all smiling, goes to accenting CW's message of happiness and peace for all . ok maybe that sounds a bit ... cliche? ... but you know what I mean.

also remember that there are times in the show when the performers are just standing and singing. Thats the time to show the crowd. They focus on the stars when they are in motion. It makes the whole prosuct look more  ... active?

I did love the nuns in the orchestra pit Smiley pretty epic. And I don't have a problem with truly interesting audience shots (i.e. nuns, or people thoroughly enjoying themselves). To me in the previous DVDs (save HfC), when we did see a specific audience member shot, it added so much because it wasn't something we were used to. In HfC and apparently in Emerald, the shots become monotonous due to the abundance of them. As for the "singing-along" shots: they are nice, but to be honest I'd rather see Susan, Chloe, and Lisa singing the song. No offense at all, its just personal taste. I also generally wouldn't have a problem with the shots if it was about 3 per song, but in just Mo Ghile Mear I counted 10!

As for "accenting CW's message of happiness and peace for all," its lovely sentiment, but I don't think the goddesses of CW need any accenting Smiley they radiate happiness and peace quite well on their own Cheesy

And I didn't mean anything offensive to the forum members who were present or in the shots either! Once again, its just personal aesthetic taste.
I'm kind of torn as well. It's lovely to see people enjoying themselves, I'm not disputing that, and undoubtedly it adds to the enjoyment of watching the show, and I know if I was in the audience I would be very excited to see myself and my friends in some shots, but I will say this:

I find that the crowd shots can be a bit distracting. In the 25th Anniversary recording of The Phantom of the Opera there were very few audience shots, and after I saw it at the State Theatre, I had a difficult time trying to remember that it was just a recording. In much the same way, I find that focusing on the stage (at the cost of audience shot) actually helps to draw you in much more effectively, and re-enacts the show, which, particularly as this was a tour recording, seems a fairly significant aspect to me.

I did find that perhaps they used either too many shots, or lingered too long. I think this time, they spent a bit too much time on the audience.

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 10:47AM »

I just can't stop watching this video!
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 10:24PM »

OMG! *faints*...

So beautiful! Grin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:27PM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 10:32PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked     !!!!!!!!

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 10:57PM »

the wait for the next video is killing me,

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 11:18PM »

the wait for the next video is killing me,

Me too lol!

littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 07:46AM »

Me too.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 09:14AM »

I'm a little confused, is anyone able to access this channel? I get the message 'channel not available'

I thought this was the official CelticWomanVevo (where also the HFC-video's are), but this is a different channel. However, the official FB-page of CW also posted an link to this video. Perhaps they want to have 2 channels.

Oh, and I love the video of course  Wink
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 09:55AM »

I'm a little confused, is anyone able to access this channel? I get the message 'channel not available'

I thought this was the official CelticWomanVevo (where also the HFC-video's are), but this is a different channel. However, the official FB-page of CW also posted an link to this video. Perhaps they want to have 2 channels.

Oh, and I love the video of course  Wink

Yes I found that confusing too but I noticed that the channel, where some HFC-video's are, is CelticWomEnVevo and not CelticWomAnVevo. Why do they change of channel instead of simply changed the name Huh Huh

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 09:26PM »

One of my all-time favorite CW numbers. And yes, great to have this Chloe performance archived forever to watch over & over again.

Even though February is the month with the fewest number of days, the weather always makes it seem like one of the longest. And waiting for this show makes it seem even longer.   Tongue

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 07:29AM »

I'm kind of torn as well. It's lovely to see people enjoying themselves, I'm not disputing that, and undoubtedly it adds to the enjoyment of watching the show, and I know if I was in the audience I would be very excited to see myself and my friends in some shots, but I will say this:

I find that the crowd shots can be a bit distracting. In the 25th Anniversary recording of The Phantom of the Opera there were very few audience shots, and after I saw it at the State Theatre, I had a difficult time trying to remember that it was just a recording. In much the same way, I find that focusing on the stage (at the cost of audience shot) actually helps to draw you in much more effectively, and re-enacts the show, which, particularly as this was a tour recording, seems a fairly significant aspect to me.

I did find that perhaps they used either too many shots, or lingered too long. I think this time, they spent a bit too much time on the audience.

ok we seem to have a good discussion going, so I'll add a couple more points...

Shows like Phantom, and WICKED (I just went to see it) are a bit different from a CW concert and the crowds are a bit different too. At musicals, the crowd doesn't get the same looks smiles and interaction from the performers. The musical has a story they tell, but with CW the story seems to be smiles, peace, love etc to those watching, in fact all concerts are more about pleasing the crowd more than telling a story.

also keep in mind that maybe they had always planned to release this as a promo type of thing, so maybe they deliberately added in a larger amount of crowd shots for promotion purposes. If you watch AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill video for Iron Man II, LOTS of crowd shots AND scenes from the movie cut in. For promotion not necessarily for the artistic aspect of music.

More and more musicians seem to be more aggressive now at playing up to crowds. Its not like in the past when musicians stayed on stage and did there thing separate from the audience. I went to see Kenny G and he started the show entering from the back and walk through the crowd to the stage. He also did a raffle / give away and brought the winners up on stage with him and did a song to them there. Idina Menzel also had some people come up on stage with her, but they got sing with her!. And although Carrie Underwood did not do so at the concert I attended, I have seen YouTUbe where she has also brought people up on stage. Usually cute young people.

CW LOVES crowd interaction, as we all know. I wouldn't be surprised to see them adapt the cute kid on stage move as a way to play to the crowd. Using many crowd shots in a video used for promotion seems predictable.

But yes that stuff has to be limited. we pay to see the professional performers not the crowd.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 04:04PM »

As a theatre girl who both loves to see the girls and also a play I do have to say this! It depends on who the videographer is. Like when the girls did a new journey and songs from the heart (I think) Declan O'Rourke(I think) videoed it and it was spectacular and when I first saw it, it drew me in!  Specially the shots he had and when it was appropriate at the end of the song, which is the singers are the main focus, he showed the audience and same w songs from the heart and visually it drew you to the girls and yes the occasional audience member having an amazing time which is good to!! But W believe it was not great. The camera was every where and constantly on the audience when the girls where singing and things we might have missed if we weren't there and watching from home and when one would sing he would have a shot of another girl, even a few dark shots :/ not to much a fan of the Believe video work. Not sure who did the new one or not but from the video it looks 100 times better and very clean! Just like the phantom and les miz anniversary tapings (and yes, most of the casts are on my twitter/facebook, so I knew what was going on ahead of time and even the crew) it barely had any audience shots and almost looks like a movie and takes you into the story! I think it is more professional that way! And even the cirque de soleil (sp) movie was the same way! I did'nt know it was live taped on one stage and all going on at the same time in front of a live audience till the very last second! They all came out on one stage for a curtain call in front of a live audience which was neat because I thought it was different performances that the cast did separately in there own theatres etc! Sorry for the spoilers! But, it works better that way depending on the show! Can't wait for the new taping to come out soon and can't wait to see what they have in store for the tour and the new taping in Ireland later on, which  still hoping to see it live hopefully!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 04:15PM »

I wish there were more shots of the girls, as a person who grew up watching opera on DVD I was used to 99% of the shots being focused on the performers. Dont get me wrong, I love long shots and shots of the audience , mainly at the beginning and end,  I just wish there weren't as many

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
dbbii

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 04:18PM »

One of the changes that they made over the years that I really liked was more audience interaction.  You have (had) the sing-a-long of Green Grow the Rushes, Oh.  Then you had Anthony starting Amazing Grace from the back of the venue.  Then they added the intro to TAR.

At the Manchester, NH show last year, Lisa grabbed a little girl (maybe 5) who was in the row in front of me during the beginning of TAR and tried to dance with her.  All the girl could say at intermission was "Lisa danced with me"  with big sparkles in her eyes.  It was great.

From a personal standpoint, I'm glad they don't just focus on the girls.  If that's all a DVD does, I'll just listen to the CD.

Breno

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 05:23PM »

It is wonderful and beautiful and words cannot describe how much I love it!

The only thing that bothers me is those incessant pesky audience shots. I don't go to their concerts to see the audience, so why are forced to see them on the DVD. I just want to see the girls!! That's where the focus should be!!!

I totally agree with you. Excessive audience shots are so annoying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: