Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My reason about Isle of Hope  (Read 182063 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« on: February 19, 2014, 10:35AM »

It turns out that this is the only concert that is never aired on PBS nor DVD. Can somebody tell me why it's so?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:12AM »

It turns out that this is the only concert that is never aired on PBS nor DVD. Can somebody tell me why it's so?
Kim, it was not on PBS because CW never made a DVD of the show.  It was only a live concert tour.
I think there are some clips on Youtube.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:45PM »

Heh-heh! Grin All I just said is never.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:50PM »

Well, they actually filmed a concert. They could have shown it, but they didn't for wathever reason was.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 06:11PM »

Maybe so. But, this tour is highly distinctive.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 11:05AM »

Maybe so. But, this tour is highly distinctive.
And, it was the tour where you met your friend Chloe for the first time. Smiley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 12:07PM »

Oh, yeah, I remember that. Smiley That's also where I've mentioned some stuff with her and told her a story.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 12:04AM »

Well, they actually filmed a concert. They could have shown it, but they didn't for wathever reason was.
After the spectacular success of the first two CW concerts, I can't believe that the first IOH concert wasn't recorded.  This is just a guess, but there is probably some troll holding the show hostage at lawyer-point.  The only other explanation is that the master was somehow lost.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 02:26PM »

As much how I wished for the Isle Of Hope to of Been a DVD Special it could of been like the Emerald Tour had as a DVD.
It would of worked if they blended it to a 2nd CD along with the Essential Collection calling it The Greatest Journey DVD: Isle Of Hope instead with scenes from the tour celebrating how Celtic Woman continues it's success with new songs and yet continue the old as it's pride tradition and with Meav and Orla no longer being there showcasing the next chapter of the group the welcome of Lynn and Alex to the group.

The Isle Of Hope Tour was not a PBS Special DVD possibly by the following:

Most of the songs performed were of from A New Journey.
The new songs like The Call, O America, Isle Of Hope, Field's Of Gold, When You Believe, True Colors, Carolina Rua, Danny Boy group version and I think You'll Be In My Heart were holds to be kept later for Songs From The Heart.

I remember watching The Greatest Journey showing footage of the Original Tour of Celtic Woman where they starting practicing and doing pieces from A New Journey.  I remember Deirdre and them doing The Sky, The Dawn and The Sun, unless that was a mix tour between the original with new added songs to later be featured on A New Journey special. I remember a group number they did from some song which I can't remember which so I would need to see the DVD again or yet it could of been Somewhere.

Even Songs For The Heart PBS special did not include Walking The Night and The World Falls Away and later My Heart was Home Again made it's debut on Believe. Alex Sharpe left prior and today has made her own unique version on her solo CD. : D

It's like a sign whenever new songs are presented on tour, then likely it means that those songs are there for a test allowing it to later be ready for the coming PBS special. This is unless the Tour happened after the Special like with Believe we saw the special first for the first time. There was no Songs From The Heart/Believe Mix tour beforehand in 2011.  

This is why they always surprise us:

A. Some songs go for the next special, some are just for the tour and have been let off like "Have I Told You Lately" the group ensemble from "Isle Of Hope" never made it to Songs from The Heart.

B. Some songs are only performed for the Special and DVD such as Smile, Tribute to Broadway, Circle of Life.

C. New songs from the special surprises fans: Amazing Grace, The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, The Ireland Song that Chloe sang for Songs From The Heart, and Nil Sen La but that counts as a new group fun song like Teir Abaile Rue, or At The Ceili.

D. Finally some songs are copyright, never made it to the DVD includes:

O Holy Night-From A New Journey : could been a small Test for upcoming Christmas Celebration surprise??
Carolina Rua- From Songs From The Heart:  never made it to CD nor DVD, sad for Lynn due to this outcome only has one solo My Lagon Love.
True Colors -Also From SFTH- was put for the DVD and not the CD, You'll Be in My Heart did the opposite was featured on the CD and not the DVD.

Let Youtube you can still catch it : P

Although the old songs were already done, Alex and Lynn gave a new twist to the songs how they sound it would of been still a treat in a new way yet with the same songs. However, Lisa Lambe and Susan were able to do that years later for Emerald because it's for 10 years in celebration along with not really any new songs other than a new rendition in a duet of "She Moved Thru The Fair".

Perhaps footages of The Isle Of Hope tour if recorded could make a surprise for show if ever a second Greatest Journey DVD Vol 2 was in plan in works to mark the other second half of Celtic Woman's history, from Isle Of Hope to Songs From The Heart all the way to Lullaby, Believe, Home For Christmas and Emerald.  Unless a Tenth Anniversary Tribute DVD involved everything from the Beginning all the way to now.=

There is always a surprise, un expectance, this makes the thrill of not knowing more exciting!  
When I first caught O Holy Night at Slane Castle it blew me away, when Alex stayed to do SFTH with Lynn I was proud
When Meav returned for HFC and for Home For Christmas to be announced for a DVD Special I was ecstatic. : P

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:22AM by rfcw » Logged

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: