Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: football anyone?  (Read 188656 times)
Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« on: September 30, 2007, 08:10AM »

Just wanted to know if any of the fellas, or ladies, like football? I am not talking about addictions here, knowing every player, every stat and all that. Just people that would like to talk up their team, and have some (no money) friendly betting on who is gonna thrash who's team on sunday.
The games start soon, let's do this thing!

" Winners have two things, definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them."

Slow down if you need to, walk if you must, crawl if you can't do anything else, but don't quit!!

"Pain is temporary, quiting is forever"

Everything Counts

The most important, " ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!
CurlyandGreen

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:12AM »

College footbal=awesome.
Pro football, eh.

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:26AM »

I'm a college football fanatic.  I love it!  NFL is OK, but it's not the same. 

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 08:58AM »

I'm a college football fanatic.  I love it!  NFL is OK, but it's not the same. 
I understand, there is somthing more crazy, and fun about the college game. I just never got that into it because of how the teams are ranked, what a load, and that such un= teams actually play each other, like 58 to 3? But a good college game is fun to watch, they will try anything to win and that's cool.
Did Noter Dame have a game yesterday? If so, hope they went 0 and 5.

" Winners have two things, definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them."

Slow down if you need to, walk if you must, crawl if you can't do anything else, but don't quit!!

Everything Counts

Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 09:17AM »

Did someone say football?!
My name is Bob and I am a football addict.
My EAGLES reign supreme! I do know every player past to present, stats,and am extremely superstitious. My jersey must be put on exactly an hour before kickoff, and legs must be crossed with the dominant foot in the direction they are moving. If the EAGLES are losing I will change my shirt.

Fly EAGLES Fly!!

I also dislike Notre Dame 

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
epicwolf

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 09:36AM »

There are some members on here that are from Europe and they probably think you're talking about soccer (futbol) lol.   If you talking about American Football then yes, i am and addict. I watch almost every game that is available.  My favorite team is the Niners. Go Niners! Though they are struggling in offense this year. Sad  Second favorite is the Chargers.  And ofcourse my UCLA bruins!

Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 09:43AM »

My EAGLES reign supreme! I do know every player past to present, stats,and am extremely superstitious. My jersey must be put on exactly an hour before kickoff, and legs must be crossed with the dominant foot in the direction they are moving. If the EAGLES are losing I will change my shirt.

Fly EAGLES Fly!!

I also dislike Notre Dame 
I do like to watch Mc Nab sp? when he on his game.
I do have a terrible towel. I like the AFC. We had a tough run in the 80's though.

Everything Counts

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 10:01AM »

Not good going against the Fightin' Irish on a website with 'Celtic" in its name lol.  There are many ND fans here. Celticfan06 is gonna kick your backside.  Wink

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 10:06AM »

My EAGLES reign supreme!

Bob,

You sadly live on the wrong side of the state for football. Everyone knows that the Steelers are the state's real football team.  Wink

As for superstitions, no power in sports can defeat the awesome power of our terrible towels waving in the wind like a small yellow star.

HERE WE GO...STEEL-ers....HERE WE GO!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 11:01AM »

My EAGLES reign supreme!

Bob,

You sadly live on the wrong side of the state for football. Everyone knows that the Steelers are the state's real football team.  Wink

As for superstitions, no power in sports can defeat the awesome power of our terrible towels waving in the wind like a small yellow star.

I will have my terrible towel out today, although I must admit mine is a black 2ed generation towel brought back from the steel city by a friend of mine.

Everything Counts

Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 11:02AM »

Not good going against the Fightin' Irish on a website with 'Celtic" in its name lol.  There are many ND fans here. Celticfan06 is gonna kick your backside.  Wink
I will run real fast!

Everything Counts

Lotte
Total Fanatic

We don't need sleep to be dreamers.

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 11:13AM »

I like football, though I'm not someone who even knows the rules Wink I love to watch it! It's great to see how supportive everyone can be, and the joy when they win is lovely to see Grin Wouldn't recommend you to ask me who won the biggest league last year though Wink

http://www.gustavoguimaraes.com.br/arquivo/images/papelbolha.swf
Kudos to Isolda for this! Grin

Rich, thanks for the lovely pic Grin
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 12:06PM »

My EAGLES reign supreme!

Bob,

Actually I live in Minnesota. I did live in Maryland most of my life about 40minutes from Philly thus my love for the glorious EAGLES. I can't wait until October when they come here to beat up on the Vikings. Yes, I will be there and all Eagled up!   
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:14PM by Conchobar » Logged

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 12:07PM »

I like football, though I'm not someone who even knows the rules Wink I love to watch it! It's great to see how supportive everyone can be, and the joy when they win is lovely to see Grin Wouldn't recommend you to ask me who won the biggest league last year though Wink
as long as you have fun!!

Everything Counts

Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 12:57PM »

I live in Buffalo and the Bills are terrible. So right now football just gives me a headache.

Thanks Mel!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: