Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: macon review  (Read 3442 times)
CelticCate

« on: February 24, 2014, 10:15AM »

First off let me say that last week was a bad week for me.  my godmother, whom I work for part time has numerous health issues and has been in and out of the hospital.  on tuesday, which was already a bad day due to car issues and getting stuck in a wreck and almost getting into two head on collisions, she was readmitted to the hospital and was constantly belittling me and fussing at everyone including the nurses admitting her.  it actually got to the point where I was contemplating ending it all, (thank God for the horses I look after and two very good friends who talked me out of it), but also celtic woman's music which seemed to help my settle my nerves.  so I had been looking forward to the concert since december, and really needed a big pick me up, which the concerts always bring Smiley.  the upon arriving to the concert I met a bunch of nice people many of whom were at their first celtic woman concert, so of course I had to let them know just how awesome it was going to be and tell them all about the forum.  and the concert was exactly what I needed to cheer me up.  
I was so happy to hear the sky the dawn and the sun back. Cailin Ailinn was an awesome addition.  Dulaman is always fun, especially with Lisa Lambe playing on the spoons.  Newgrange was absolutely awesome, especially since I hadn't seen it live before.  The Butterfly I do wish mairead had had a few slow solos, but she never disappoints in any of her music or performances and this one was no different.  The New Ground absolutely adore this song!  But it is so strange not hearing Isle Of Hope, Isle of Tears after come after this.  Orinoco Flow I love that they kept the newer version with the "thunder" and "lightning".  Amazing Grace  what can I say about this song that hasn't been said before?  I love how Anthony comes down the aisles playing the bagpipes and then they end the song with him on the bagpipes.  Si Do Mhaimeio i I have wanted to see this song performed for years, and have to say it does not disappoint.  I loved how they had it as a duet!  Teir Abhaile Riu always a crowd pleaser and this was no different. I know my love such a fun song!!  and Mairead Carlin looked and sounded like she was having a blast with this song!  Bridge Over Troubled Water I love this song as a solo for Lisa.  and I really needed to hear this song.  The Call  interesting choice to make this a solo. But I loved hearing Susan perform this song.  it was perfectly suited to her voice.  Nil Se'n La  next to the Caili, this is my favorite of their dancing songs, and it was so much fun seeing the different performers having fun with this song.  Granuaile's Dance I have absolutely adored this song from the first time i heard it, and am always happy to see it performed.  it wouldn't be a full Celtic Woman  concert without Danny Boy, Mo Ghile Mear or You Raise Me Up these are three of their best songs and I am so glad to see all three of them back.  although they are bittersweet because you know they are nearing the end of the show, but these are among the songs that this group is most known for and they never fail to disappoint when they perform them.  The Parting Glass and Send Off both are absolutely incredible songs and a great way to end a great performance.  they changed the send off a bit to where mairead comes out and introduces each of the band members and they get their own solo and well deserved applause/cheers and the girls dance off to a combination of The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun and The Caili.
At the end of the concert I went around to the stage door to see if I could meet any of the performers and also get my Celtic Piper CDs signed by Anthony, and lucked out because I got to see and talk, for about 5 minutes or so, to each of the girls and guys as they exited and went off to their tour buses.  I did get the CDs signed, which made my day, and also got to see Mairead get temporarily locked out of the tour bus.  overall it was a great concert and a great end to a bad week.  also Macon has one of the most gorgeous venues I have ever seen!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:50AM by CelticCate » Logged

IMG_1373.JPG
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:41PM »

Thank  you  Cate.    Smiley

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:08PM »

Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to meet everyone and have a great night during this difficult time.

What is it about Mairéad getting locked out of things?   Cheesy

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
CelticCate

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:13PM »

Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to meet everyone and have a great night during this difficult time.

What is it about Mairéad getting locked out of things?   Cheesy
  you are so welcome!  I wish I knew! lol!!   Cheesy

IMG_1373.JPG
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 10:36AM »

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you got a stage door M&G.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: